corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BC Racing Coilovers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BC Racing Coilovers
Graham88

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said that? I said BC have adjustable damping over AP's

I'm not into shaving seconds off a racetrack, I just want a car that is capable of going fast in a straight line being able to go around a corner without feeling out of shape. ARB's can come at a later date, I don't expect the coilovers to sort it at all, I've never stated that in this thread
AK

13th Aug 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
with the BC's you can choose yer spring comforts from near standard through to hardcore track stuff, and i bet theyre better then a lot of other 500-600 quid coilovers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is exactly why I am interested in the BC's as AP can't do that yet they're the same price

He was talking about spring rates! You adjustable dampning?
SAL
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
In my experience KW are shit anyway.

If you are spending over 1k on coilovers Bilstein is the only way to go.

What experience ?

Robin
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
If you are spending over 1k on coilovers Bilstein is the only way to go.

Mine have gone stiff, notchy and harsh. A grands worth of coilovers shouldn't do that, ever, not even on our salt laden roads.
Graham88

14th Aug 10 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
er

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
with the BC's you can choose yer spring comforts from near standard through to hardcore track stuff, and i bet theyre better then a lot of other 500-600 quid coilovers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is exactly why I am interested in the BC's as AP can't do that yet they're the same price

He was talking about spring rates! You adjustable dampning?

I thought he was talking about the damping, my bad
Adam-D

14th Aug 10 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love threads like this... makes me entirely confused on what to get for my car
P1CK4D

15th Aug 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=336326
Butler

15th Aug 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our avos have done the jobs, full adjustable height and dampening. Not had any problems with them. Its a purpose built track car though, and after the drive to the ring I wouldnt recommend them on a road car.
Graham88

16th Aug 10 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sake Rich just when I think I'm gonna go for them and you put doubts in my mind
AK

16th Aug 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are the following?

- EXE-TC
- AST
- HotBits (unsure, but know folk with them on and they seem ok)
- Ohlins
- Nitron

The EXE-TC and TEINS on the Impreza and Skyline arent basic models are are more track oriantated - there are lower spec versions.
Adam-D

16th Aug 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be following this.. in a month ill be spending out on a set
AK

16th Aug 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re XYZ - I may be very cinical these days but why spend your hard earned cash on relitivly untried and untested suspension? They arent a well known brand... they are new... they are agressivley marketed by spam emails/selling etc. I just wouldnt.
chrex

16th Aug 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Re XYZ - I may be very cinical these days but why spend your hard earned cash on relitivly untried and untested suspension? They arent a well known brand... they are new... they are agressivley marketed by spam emails/selling etc. I just wouldnt.

Well, everyone has got to start somewhere, and although they are new to the UK...they have been in Japan for years! They kitted out the suspension and brakes in the 2006 WTCC Alfa's and i know of a few lads with them on the civics and Integras.

The quality out the box was superb (overall finish and ease of adjustment). The ride comfort is superb and yet they have transformed how the car feels and the stability when im pushing. They've got seperate adjusters for spring preload and ride height, and the top mounts that come with them are good quality.

I was a bit weary at first, but at the end of the day, they were a tad more expensive than the BC's and the few of us that have had them put on recently are mega impressed, and thats 2 road sets and a race set.

So going off that...they cant be too bad. Like i said, Andy who runs VTEC-Direct and does know his stuff...says he's been extremely pleased with the XYZ gear that he sells (both the big brakes and suspension) and would recommend it over the basic tein stuff. *shrug*

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by chrex]
AK

16th Aug 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just wary of companies that spam email folk looking for UK distributers... I know about ten folk (not online know, know know) that received email from Tracy, Sarah, Sally, etc etc @ XYZ racing trying to sell shit, get them to become UK distributers.

Funny way of doing things.

PS - Not sure if you think they are from Japan or just been popular in Japan for years. I can assure they arent and havent. They are made in Taiwan.

WTCC - As far as I can see they sponsored the Alfas... did they actually run with their kit?

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by AK]
AK

16th Aug 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.xyz-racing.com/contact.php

there they are
AK

16th Aug 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saying all that though...

I'd class them as the same 'shit' as KSport and D2.

We run KSport brakes on both cars.... ditched the discs and pads they offer but happy enough with the calipers
spikedjack

16th Aug 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

difference is, he's talking about a road car not a TA skyline/imprezza only used on track.

People are suggesting ohlins/nitrons etc, they are no-where near the same budget as AP's/BC's
Graham88

16th Aug 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankyou Jack....plus AK this is a Mazda MPS, nobody makes bits for them as they're not common I think I will still give BC's a shot. I liked AP's but I found them quite hard but then they were at the lowest setting but I wanna try and give a different company a go.
spikedjack

16th Aug 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way, if you liked the AP's i cant see there being a problem with theBC offering.

This is like saying, i thought my first corsa handled well on -40mm apex springs.

Then i realised it was poo when i had my second corsa on fk coilovers + strut braces

Then again my third corsa with 38point adjustable spax coilies, whiteline ARB'sWiechers/omp braces, a cage and a Quaife LSD.

No doubt my next car will be better and i'll think my current one is shit, if you're happy with AP's, imo BC will do the job so long as there are no quality issues with them degrading prematurely
Graham88

16th Aug 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good way of putting it
AK

16th Aug 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spikedjack
difference is, he's talking about a road car not a TA skyline/imprezza only used on track.

People are suggesting ohlins/nitrons etc, they are no-where near the same budget as AP's/BC's

Hence why I HAVE NOT recommended the suspension we are running!

Its about 5 times his budget.

I'm just trying to help see past the cheap suspension that has a far from glowing reputation.

AP's being to 'hard' was probably down to the spring rate being too high.
chrex

16th Aug 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know they are Taiwanese Ad, and im not after an argument. I'm not aware of the spam mail etc, but i just wanted i'd tell the thread starter that i've got the XYZ's and they have been great for me. They are another alternative to the BC's, which are also made in Taiwan and are the same sort of price.

The Alfa's did run the suspension, unsure on the brakes though.

Had i been able to afford it, i'd have gone for the £1500 monoflex.

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by chrex]
spikedjack

16th Aug 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by spikedjack

Hence why I HAVE NOT recommended the suspension we are running!

Its about 5 times his budget.

I'm just trying to help see past the cheap suspension that has a far from glowing reputation.

AP's being to 'hard' was probably down to the spring rate being too high.

you reccomended looking at the prices of:

EXE-TC
- AST
- HotBits (unsure, but know folk with them on and they seem ok)
- Ohlins
- Nitron

also...

AST, Ohlins and nitrons for a start are all over a grand surely?
AK

16th Aug 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct me If i'm wrong but they make more than one model you nugget.

Yes - I said look at the prices - i.e see how much you can get them for....

I'd rather spend £1000 than waste £600.

Maybe I'm stupid or maybe I'm just trying to help.

The susp on the Skyline is top of the line TEIN. Circuit Master RS with 12kgmm F/R springs. Adjustable for compression and rebound. Remote reservoirs etc etc. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE FOR GRAHAM.

The Impreza runs EXE-TC 'fast road' suspension - but before they left the factory the were dismantled and revalved for circuit use. Custom springs rates 8kgmm/6kgmm F/R. Top Mounts etc etc. Again - I HAVE NOT RECOMMENDED THIS.

All I have said is be wary of cheapo shit.
Graham88

18th Aug 10 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are making me think I should just go for AP's as I have had good experience of them before. You say about the spring rate being too high being the reason it was bouncy, yet it's a kit that is sold for my car, surely that should be the correct spring rate? Do you not think it would be better to go for the BC's as they are adjustable damping rather than just a simple preset?

I am not spending £1k on suspension I can't warrant that amount of money on a car I probably won't keep long enough to be worth it, I like to chop and change too much

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BC Racing Coilovers 22 database queries in 0.0136321 seconds