corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CASTLE COMBE THREAD: pics and vids....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CASTLE COMBE THREAD: pics and vids....
gez bay

User status: Offline
11th Sep 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got home from combe. Was an awsome day! Weather turned out amazing in the afternoon.
Going to upload some vids on to youtube aswel.

Weekend racer session looked very good, nice selection of cars too.
Ian's puma looked spot on, i was shocked how well it handled.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got in myself - only a 25 minute drive! All packed up and left Ste, Chris, Ian, Mike B and Kurt on the M4, hopefully won't take too long for those guys to get home.

Another awesome day though, can't fault it at all! Also went out in Ians Pima with Chris, such a great car - I haven't felt brakes like it, a very capable car IMO.

Cheers for another fantastic day all!
205tom

11th Sep 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Delayed 1.45 Session Ian looked quick on this one

Going so fast hes passing them like there going backwards
Dale

11th Sep 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got hope, fitted new alternator belt as it snapped after i got black flagged for noise oh well was good 2 laps lol

great day can't wait for next one, will have to exhaust by then and i will be able to do full sessions shame as i bought 3 today but it just wasn't to be
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Delayed 1.45 Session Ian looked quick on this one

The fuck happened here?

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DRS
just got hope, fitted new alternator belt as it snapped after i got black flagged for noise oh well was good 2 laps lol

Myself and Chris were sat over at Quarry and even whilst cars were going past right in front of us, we could still hear your car through Bobbies and Camp, it was bloody loud! I assume it has a screamer pipe?
Dale

11th Sep 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
Originally posted by DRS

Myself and Chris were sat over at Quarry and even whilst cars were going past right in front of us, we could still hear your car through Bobbies and Camp, it was bloody loud! I assume it has a screamer pipe?

Nah the backbox has small outlet with where its trying to get the gases out! that why i haven't turn the boost up (too much back pressure) I am getting custom system soon ah well was going well for the 2 laps lol
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got back ok then Dale?

Good to speak to a few of you lot, got overtaken by Mike B's bloody 1.2 again I can't even blame the car this time

[Edited on 11-09-2010 by corsadonk]
DaveyLC

11th Sep 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome day! Gutted the rad popped o the MX5 at the end of the 12:30 session though

Cheers for the Grubbage Ian and Co. it was LAVISH!
Kurt

11th Sep 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got home, mission!

Thanks as usual to Willay, Ian, Ste for organising and everyone else for coming, was an awesome day yet again!

I left them in the m4 services, inlet Ste draft me for a while

Glad I'm not going south on the m6 either, stand still!
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=574632
Paul_J

11th Sep 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm uploading my vids now... my first session video is actually hilarious...

My car was set up so badly... front tyre pressures were at 15 psi (I was letting the air out with my finger, without a guage) and I had all my dampers set to soft for daily use... The outcome was a soft / loose / bad handling car which was like riding a bucking bronco.

The 2nd vid is my later session when I set the dampers to hard and pumped the tyres up ... much better.
hbutler

11th Sep 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DRS
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
Originally posted by DRS

Nah the backbox has small outlet with where its trying to get the gases out! that why i haven't turn the boost up (too much back pressure) I am getting custom system soon ah well was going well for the 2 laps lol

Seemed to go very very well for those 2 laps

Got loads of pics of wr guys on track, ill post them up soon
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a large problem with traffic, bit of a catch 22 situation for me as my car isnt fast enough to get past people on the straights however i was finding i was able to brake later and go into the corners faster, but due to the no overtaking zones i couldnt use that to my advantage.

Basically i was able to pretty much take any line i wanted through the corner which means i wasnt able to be going as fast as i liked

in the end i resorted into taking a few liabilities and bending a few rules to get passed a few people

seems if your outside a run of traffic then you're ok

[Edited on 11-09-2010 by Steve]
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt know the butlers were in attendance

Spot on day as per usual. Track session was ace. did three back to back 1.34's following willay and didnt get passed by anything

Will post pics and vids tomorow when I am more awake

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
hbutler

11th Sep 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Didnt know the butlers were in attendance

Spot on day as per usual. Track session was ace. did three back to back 1.34's following willay and didnt get passed by anything

Will post pics and vids tomorow when I am more awake

Was only me there, James didnt come.

Pretty sure ive got some pics of you Gav, ill try and put them up tomorrow
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awsome

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Paul_J

11th Sep 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Henry, let's see the pics you took of my car mate... at least the one you showed me today!
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Sep 10 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got in now, long day!

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
The fuck happened here?

Cars in front spun, guy ended up backwards, I went past him.

He was parked by that point.

Might do a full reply in a bit but to summarise - good show
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
You got back ok then Dale?

Good to speak to a few of you lot, got overtaken by Mike B's bloody 1.2 again I can't even blame the car this time

[Edited on 11-09-2010 by corsadonk]

If it's any conciliation, you wasn't the only one

Eventually got home about quarter to 12 after fixing my vending machine and still managing to make it to the farm to unload everything

Video didn't work Cheap Chinese shite Still got a few laps timed by Tom tho, 1.36.5 being the best and the times where nice and consistent too, all in all a boss day and a great end to the season
Paul_J

11th Sep 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right... My video's are online.

Long story short, for the weekend racer session - I had left my coilovers set to super soft (how I use it daily) and had strange tyre pressures... The end result was a fairly uncontrollable car.
In the 2nd video, I've increased the coilover damping and pumped my tyres up - the difference in predictability / grip is high.

Videos

1st Video - 12:30 session - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhH7iVg9CbI
(Stupid handling)

2nd video - 3:30pm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA5TZkm3pEs
(handling fixed, good scrap with caterham).
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Sep 10 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you don't think me and Ste were being noobs in that first vid, we were both warming it up until you came past
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Sep 10 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus you were working hard! 2 minutes in is where I saw you leap across the track in front of me
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell Paul nice driving though, 2nd vid is much better, seems like a very capable car. Your Puma looks suprisingly quick Ian.
Graham88

12th Sep 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am proper exhausted so will have to watch all the vids another time, wicked day though really enjoyed the track certainly had a couple of scary moments of understeer when the tyres started to get a bit warm but the car did well again

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CASTLE COMBE THREAD: pics and vids.... 23 database queries in 0.3485160 seconds