corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you object to a site rebranding?

Poll: Would you object to a site rebranding?
  I own a corsa and I support that change
  I dont own a corsa and I support that change
  I own a corsa and i DONT support that change
  I dont own a corsa and i DONT support that change

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you object to a site rebranding?
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
no if more people turned up to tvl and trax we wouldnt be having this convo

buy a corsa seen as you are on corsasport and represent then? you seem to care so much yet dont represent the site at all? seems idiotic of you to make this thread when you are not even interested at all in anything related to corsa's

attention seeking is your aim steve. again. and again. and again.
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
ban Steve

yep. this would solve some of the problem.
taylorboosh

13th Sep 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just joined wr
SportBoy

13th Sep 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna join wr and ask if we can rebrand it like corsasport?
Dale

13th Sep 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
ban Steve

yep. this would solve some of the problem.

Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
ban Steve
mwg

13th Sep 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only kidding about the ban Steve bit
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wasnt
Havoc
Banned

13th Sep 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc
WR?
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.weekendracer.co.uk
Havoc
Banned

13th Sep 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
http://www.weekendracer.co.uk

thank you!
mwg

13th Sep 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna re-brand you in a minute
gez bay

13th Sep 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive always seen wr a site for people off here that do not own a corsa anymore to go to shows and events
with everyone off here. Imo.

I dont see anything wrong with that, there are too many track day sites now anyhow, most people just go through a couple of sites and which ever one is going to a track they want to do, they go with that forum/ club.

Its going to ruin corsasport if everything is changed to boost WR.

I would have personally had a track corsa with all stickers advertising corsasport.

Iv'e just joined built4track from seeing a couple of awsome cars at combe with built4track on them
advertising.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by gez bay]

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by gez bay]
Havoc
Banned

13th Sep 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm gonna re-brand you in a minute

like so? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5tsKmSWJRg
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Rebrand and redirect the domain(s).

But i'm old and doubt i will own another Corsa. Just seems a bit of a child / womens car.

soz

forgot about 307's and berlingo's being so cool

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by IvIarkgraham]
MarkSport

13th Sep 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
No - I want to see WR ramped up to CS levels.

Agreed, Either that or none corsa owners can GTF

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by MarkSport]
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

built4track sounds gay though i wouldnt join there simply because of that name
Ian W

13th Sep 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should stay as corsasport.

I'd like to use WR, just seems to track orientated though
gez bay

13th Sep 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the cars on the stand that made me join.
I seen a car going around the track stickerd 'built4track' and when i seen a sign for their stand i had a look
Pridzz

13th Sep 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
I'm also against a re brand. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way as me but I believe that it is Weekend Racer that is the problem, not corsasport. A lot of these threads seem to be related to getting the weekend racer forum to take off more. However, by doing so through the ideas given such as a rebrand of corsasport.co.uk, moving threads over the weekend racer etc is only going to have a negative effect on the corsasport website in my opinion. Plenty of specific car based forums have users have members who do not own the type of car related to the site. I don't see this as an issue at all. Personally I feel its beneficial as there is wider knowledge, appreciation etc for other makes and models.

I think that the best solution to this would be to integrate weekend racer on corsasport in the form of a sub section maybe? That way its able to serve its purpose, allowing members to talk about track events etc without it being a completely separate site that is struggling to get get traffic.

In my opinion, if weekend racer didn't exist we wouldn't be having this discussion

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by shaunmods]

Amen - Corsasport is in my fravourites and I open it everytime im on the computer to see updated project threads, Always good posts in Gen chat...Things need to be kept updated like "Feature cars" and some slight updating.

I havnt been on WR yet, Because im not into track days...
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you no longer posted here Steve, there would be 50% less spam and 70% less problems. If you don't like this site as a corsa site why did you kick up a fuss to be unbanned?
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i honestly dont care if its a corsa site, ian said he wanted change that was my idea, if it stay like this i dont mind
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spam banter
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why its even a topic is beyond me, that would be like the local cruise site rebranding as a hillwalking club.

Corsasport is great, fucking it up to suit older/non corsa owning members is going to achieve fuck all.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I do own a Corsa and don't support a rebranding

I joined this site due to it being Corsa specific and not full of kids and/or over-moderation like AllCorsa and others (though I am registered on there and others, I only really ever post on my project thread) - I'm not as young as I was, so appreciate the lack of text chat and the experience of people offering advice in Tech etc on here

The main reason I did join here was for Tech support or Info as my normal haunt, VxON, is used by owners of the larger Vauxhalls - Astra, Cavalier, Vectra etc - so Corsa specific info is limited

I understand that the site has long standing members that have moved on - every car forum has that - however, the long standing members should appreciate that there will still be a flow of newbs who share the same interest that they once did with Corsas, and this interest should be encouraged, not picked apart when stupid questions are posted or a car isn't to someones taste

Site admin should also accept this difference in the membership and consider expanding the forum slightly to cater for non-corsa stuff - eg keep the existing GC forum for all car chat, and create a Corsa or even Vauxhall only GC area

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
I'm also against a re brand. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way as me but I believe that it is Weekend Racer that is the problem, not corsasport. A lot of these threads seem to be related to getting the weekend racer forum to take off more. However, by doing so through the ideas given such as a rebrand of corsasport.co.uk, moving threads over the weekend racer etc is only going to have a negative effect on the corsasport website in my opinion. Plenty of specific car based forums have users have members who do not own the type of car related to the site. I don't see this as an issue at all. Personally I feel its beneficial as there is wider knowledge, appreciation etc for other makes and models.

I think that the best solution to this would be to integrate weekend racer on corsasport in the form of a sub section maybe? That way its able to serve its purpose, allowing members to talk about track events etc without it being a completely separate site that is struggling to get get traffic.

In my opinion, if weekend racer didn't exist we wouldn't be having this discussion

I Object to the re-branding and do own 2 corsa's
Completely agree with the above comments, they have pretty much summed up what i was going to say

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you object to a site rebranding? 23 database queries in 0.0143001 seconds