corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Black Entertainment TV (Racist?)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black Entertainment TV (Racist?)
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Seriously who gives a fuck? Black people are better at entertainment. FACT.

Best singers, balck, best comedians, black, best dancers, black.

With all the shit that goes on in the world, why do people get so arsey about what "them" and "us" have.

Fucking white people

Agreed - plenty of things to worry about before a black tv channel ... put a Bob Marley album on and chill out imo... lifes too short

Coming from the guy who wrote up a list of celebs they hate.

I dont dislike Black people because I have no reason to - the make most of the films, music, sport and drugs that I enjoy.

Richard Hammond, scott mills and Kate thornton on the other hand can rot the fuck in hell for all I care.
Dom

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

With all the shit that goes on in the world, why do people get so arsey about what "them" and "us" have.

Fucking white people

Best comedians are Black, extremely debatable. Personally i can't name a decent black comedian.

Richard Pryor ...if you cant name him then im not really interested in your opinions on comedy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pryor

Swearing to get laughs doesn't make a comedian unfortunately and that pretty much Pryor's standup. In fact that's pretty much what black American comedians do - just watch Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence etc

I'll back pedal slightly and say Steven K Amos as he's a pretty funny guy.
Russ

People haven't heard of Richard Pryor?
Russ

2nd Nov 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Fucking white people

Best comedians are Black, extremely debatable. Personally i can't name a decent black comedian.

Richard Pryor ...if you cant name him then im not really interested in your opinions on comedy

Swearing to get laughs doesn't make a comedian unfortunately and that pretty much Pryor's standup. In fact that's pretty much what black American comedians do - just watch Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence etc

What do white comedians do? Only one that doesnt swear is Michael McIntyre and he's as funny as my shoe
Dom

2nd Nov 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Fucking white people

What do white comedians do? Only one that doesnt swear is Michael McIntyre and he's as funny as my shoe

There's a difference between say Dara O'Briain saying 'feck' once in a while and someone like Chappelle that is constantly saying "fuck", "nigger", "shit" etc.

[Edited on 02-11-2010 by Dom]
Dr Pepper

2nd Nov 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Fucking white people

Personally I would say most of the best comedians are white ... but thats just my opinion .... Pryor is an absolute genius and extremely important in modern comedy

[Edited on 02-11-2010 by Dr Pepper]

And who is to say we are interested in your opinion I have never heard of the man either.

I just think its a bit silly to come on a forum and say you dont think the best comedians are black because you cant name a good one .... when one of the best comedians of all time is black.

I dont agree that most great comedians are black .... but I could certainly name you at least 10 great black comedians because I am into comedy, and not just the modern stuff, but the older material that formed new comedy.

Im not saying you should have heard of Richard Pryor, but most people who are into comedy would have heard of him ....certainly nearly every single stand up comedian working in America or England in the last 20 years would have heard of him, and most would list him as a massive influence.

Russ

2nd Nov 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why.. because he's white?
Dr Pepper

2nd Nov 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Fucking white people

Swearing is an important part of stand up comedy - for whites and blacks ..... Richard Pryor had a lot more than lots of swear words ... he was fearless, a true natural - the guy wrote the blue prints for people like Hicks who came next.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still not understanding how my opinion is invalid as I don't agree that black comedians are the best, regardless of hearing that man's jokes or not. And having just youtube'd it, I agree with Dom. And it's not because I'm racist.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Fucking white people

Swearing is an important part of stand up comedy - for whites and blacks ..... Richard Pryor had a lot more than lots of swear words ... he was fearless, a true natural - the guy wrote the blue prints for people like Hicks who came next.

Wtf? How is it an important part. To some comedians it is essential, but not all
Russ

2nd Nov 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Name a funny person who doesnt swear
Dom

2nd Nov 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What's race got to do with? I think you're trying to fish for something that isn't there.

Pepper - Never said i'd never heard of Pryor, just said i couldn't name any decent black comedians (with exception of Steven K Amos). But then again i find American comedy extremely dull.
Dr Pepper

2nd Nov 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Fucking white people

Wtf? How is it an important part. To some comedians it is essential, but not all

swearing is a key way to emphasise a point in stand up comedy .... look at the winners of major comedy awards around the globe

Chris Rock - loads of swearing
Bill Hicks - loads of swearing
Frank Skinner - blue as fuck
woody allen, Ricky Gervaise, George Carlin, robin williams ect ect etc

They all swear ..... BECAUSE ITS FUNNY, and it adds emphasis to your point ..... read some autobiographies of stand up comics and they all talk about the'art of swearing'
Russ

2nd Nov 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

What's race got to do with? I think you're trying to fish for something that isn't there.

you just said

Its OK for Dara to swear, but not Chapelle
sc0ott

2nd Nov 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fucking white people

Agreed - plenty of things to worry about before a black tv channel ... put a Bob Marley album on and chill out imo... lifes too short

I dont dislike Black people because I have no reason to - the make most of the films, music, sport and drugs that I enjoy.

Richard Hammond, scott mills and Kate thornton on the other hand can rot the fuck in hell for all I care.

No i mean lifes to short to be hating. put on bob marleys 'everythings going to be alright' song and just chill out.
Dom

2nd Nov 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

you just said

Clearly you need to re-read what I wrote, I said -
"There's a difference between say Dara O'Briain saying 'feck' once in a while and someone like Chappelle that is constantly saying "fuck", "nigger", "shit" etc."

There's nothing to do with race in there apart from me using Dara and Chapelle as examples, which were the first two names off the top of my head. You could easily replace that with Amos and Chapelle and it'll still be the same. ie - difference between using swearing for emphasis and using it excessively. As I said I’m not a huge fan of American comedy in general as most American comedians use excessive swearing for laughs.
Dr Pepper

2nd Nov 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fucking white people

No i mean lifes to short to be hating. put on bob marleys 'everythings going to be alright' song and just chill out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o882ycTCVLc

Dr Pepper

2nd Nov 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

you just said

"There's a difference between say Dara O'Briain saying 'feck' once in a while and someone like Chappelle that is constantly saying "fuck", "nigger", "shit" etc."

There's nothing to do with race in there apart from me using Dara and Chapelle as examples, which were the first two names off the top of my head. You could easily replace that with Amos and Chapelle and it'll still be the same. ie - difference between using swearing for emphasis and using it excessively. As I said I’m not a huge fan of American comedy in general as most American comedians use excessive swearing for laughs.

I dont think you were making any point made on race - I think thats a fair enough opinion .... I dont really rate chris rock as I think he overplays the nigga thing and uses too much swearing, I dont think its done with enough intelligence at times(all though his best routines are seriously funny) ..... I dont however think you can level that at Richard Pryor who is far and away the best black comedian ever....and you can make a really good case for him as the best standup ever..... personally I would say Bill Hicks was better

Cant stand Dara though ...I just dont get it.

Russ

2nd Nov 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

you just said

There's nothing to do with race in there apart from me using Dara and Chapelle as examples, which were the first two names off the top of my head. You could easily replace that with Amos and Chapelle and it'll still be the same.
you could replace dara with Adam sandler..
ssj_kakarot

2nd Nov 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

what lol thats loads

babra wood
jasper carot
hale and pace

mainly older people but thats a bit silly to say im not really into comedy but im sure theres a lot who dont swear lol
Jambo

2nd Nov 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can people a: not have heard of Richard Pryor. And b: not find him hilarious?!

Russ

2nd Nov 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:

what lol thats loads

babra wood - she does
jasper carot - he did lots when i saw him live
hale and pace - i said people who are funny

mainly older people but thats a bit silly to say im not really into comedy but im sure theres a lot who dont swear lol
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Michael McIntyre rarely swears? Very rarely
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
How can people a: not have heard of Richard Pryor. And b: not find him hilarious?!

I've heard of him now, and don't think he's funny. How is that hard to understand It's a simple fucking concept!
jacko

2nd Nov 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Original_Kings_of_Comedy

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Black Entertainment TV (Racist?) 22 database queries in 0.0180049 seconds