corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS
micra_pete
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its his roll number, just having a quick look for you for anything else, just busy with work.

Middle name or anything? loads of records were lost and destroyed down south though
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only what I posted on page 2 that is the only info we have.
Whittie

11th Nov 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you work Pete?

Pretty cool info for Ollie to have!
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a highway design engineer
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I'd love to know is when he joined, where he served and what if any medals he got.

He must have enlisted in 1914 as he would have been 34 years old which at the time was quite old for servicemen.
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Struggling mate to be honest (i do a bit of personal family history - right back to 17odd).

Can't seem to match the names on the previous page, I'll have a look again later
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much appreciated by me and my dad.
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not wanting to sound like a complete cock knocker, but are you 100% on this

quote:
Son of Mrs. L. Crowe
husband of Beatrice Mary Crowe
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo 100% his wife as she was killed in 1944 by a flying bomb when they lived in Barking, also killed at the same time were two toddlers (my aunties)

They are listed on the Commonwealth War Grave site
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, thank you.

I'm going to lunch now hopefully you have enough info until I get back
MarkSport

11th Nov 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm Glad i made this thread now, Thats remarkable!
Dr Pepper

11th Nov 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both my granddads died in the first and second world wars .... those were imo noble wars to be involved in - a united effort against a genuine threat to our most basic morals.

Shame that the honour of being a british soldier has been diminished by sending them off to fight for money rather than anything else..... If anyone should be striking right now its those poor fuckers out in iraq and afghanistan...but of course that isnt an option for them.

They should get more money - but its not money that most people go in the services for - most of them have little else and want a career - others just want to serve the country ... its shamefull what we have made them do for ours and americas government.

I can see why certain Irish or muslim people would not be so keen on the british army - we have done/ backed dispicable things against there people .. continuing to back and arm israel will be looked upon as our lowest point as a counrty in hundreds of years, it will continue to cause bloodshed around the world untill we sort it out ..... but no one should be aiming protests at the troops - they go where they are told - protest at the fat, white,public shool boys that sent them there but refuse to send their own children.
Nath

11th Nov 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Shame that the honour of being a british soldier has been diminished by sending them off to fight for money rather than anything else..... If anyone should be striking right now its those poor fuckers out in iraq and afghanistan...but of course that isnt an option for them.

They should get more money - but its not money that most people go in the services for - most of them have little else and want a career - others just want to serve the country ... its shamefull what we have made them do for ours and americas government.

My mate loved going to Iraq and Afghanistan tbh. Alot of them out there also love it. Mind you, they are a bit mental. And I'm not sure we're out there for money, because if so we are already $3 Trillion down. Speaking to people that have been is an eye opener. The media and politicians on opposing parties shouldn't be taken too seriously.
Nath

11th Nov 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check this out, Lloyds insurance at 11am.

MarkSport

11th Nov 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats ace. Thats one thing i loved about working in retial, when it all goes quiet and you se how many people pay thier respects.
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see any ethnics in that picture
sand-eel

11th Nov 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I don't think troops should get £30k a week as the country would become bankrupt.
sand-eel

11th Nov 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My great great grandad was shot and put into a war camp and escaped, if he didn't escape, this message wouldn't be here, I find that very weird.
Fro

11th Nov 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I LOVE the lloyds building.
Jambo

11th Nov 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing thread my Great grandfather Ernest Legate was wounded 3times (shot so I'm led to believe) he was also gassed survived all of it but IMO still died young (between 40-50 iirc) from respiratory problems more than likely the gas

RIP to all those brave, and from me a sincere apology of what a joke this "empire" has become. Sorry we fucked it up
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to be racist here, ok just a little bit...but why wont we deport this smelly bearded muslim poppy burning cunts out of OUR country?
MarkSport

11th Nov 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. If only I was PM, i'd sort this country out properly.
Havoc
Banned

11th Nov 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Not to be racist here, ok just a little bit...but why wont we deport this smelly bearded muslim poppy burning cunts out of OUR country?

because then they would cry its against their human rights and if they go back to where they came from they will be killed, its happened a few times before, im on a rage ranting mission after seeing this and the other thread lol

who gives a fuck if they get killed in their own country after they come over here and do stunts like disrespecting our remembrance day, plotting terrorism, and lets not mention that hook handed goat fucking mother fucking WANKER.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I mean, fuck human rights it's OUR country, if they dont like it so much then why the fuck are they here living off our taxes?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS 22 database queries in 0.3827250 seconds