corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Your thoughts...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Your thoughts...
Nath

User status: Offline
12th Nov 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anybody said that 'zig zags = points' yet?
sc0ott

12th Nov 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone mentioned the zig zag rule doesnt apply to vw corrados.
Graham88

12th Nov 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how people always state it in a way as if they've never stopped anywhere illegally. Put yourself in the guys shoes and you'd be pissed too.

I have to be extra careful driving around London as it's so easy to get caught out, but as Danny P mentioned it only takes a second and you're penalised. It's just stupid.
Mertin

12th Nov 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Where there is a space less than 50 meters up ahead I think you should just accept the punishment and move on lol

Pic is from google streetview and all spaces were full at night (he said earlier)
Ben G

12th Nov 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did this before. parked up at night waiting for my cousin in his car. it was a shopping centre car park that was closed as it was past midnight and police pulled up next to me and shouted ''3 points, 60 pound fine''

they then said move now or you will get them, so i swiftly moved further up.

bit different to your circumstances though as mine wasn't in a built up area with people/traffic around.

i didn't actually realise the punishment for parking on them
Fro

12th Nov 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zig zags are there for pedestrian safety at crossings. Hence the points and fine if you park/stop on them.
Ben G

12th Nov 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stopped round the back of lakeside at the primark car park, right in front of a pedestrian crossing down that 20mph limit road.

pretty stupid of me really but then i knew there wouldn't be anyone shopping at gone midnight
Graham88

12th Nov 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should know what Police are like in Lakeside Ben

But that's my point, all they need to do was say that and you're never going to do it again, no need to dish points out without a warning!

[Edited on 12-11-2010 by Graham88]
fir3vip3r

12th Nov 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Similar thing happend to me a couple of years ago, spotted my mum walking with a load of shopping on cold wet day, pulled up and she jumped in the car.

3 point and a £60 fine, made my insurance go up quite a bit aswell

Utterly ridiculous. And doing no help to the Police reputation.

I think most Police Officers get it very wrong in terms of where a telling off is needed and where a punishment is necessary, they could have quite easily just asked you to move on as you're causing an obstruction etc, but targets must be met I suppose.

I'd have been tempted to drive off

At what point is the police doing there job ruining there reputation? Im sorrry but it is an offence to park on those lines for quite an obvious safety reason.

Also people take the piss when Ive used disgression before. Sometimes the correct procedure is the only way!
Graham88

13th Nov 10 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a Copper warns me for such a thing, I certainly wouldn't be doing it again.

If a Copper simply mentions to move on and they move on, you've given them a warning and they probably won't do it again. If the person starts arguing then by all means give a ticket.

Everyone makes mistakes, even Police officers.
16vKarlos

13th Nov 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mrs' parked NEXT TO a zig zag line in bexhill ( for those of you that know the area, it was by Halifax/ Devonshire pub.
I say next to it as the other side of the line there is an loading bay. She stopped here to drop her friend off and get the baby and pushchair out of the car, but this wasn't good enough. The officer took the REG and as the car was registered to ME I got the points and fine... And they were going to take ME to court for driving un-insured...

It happens and there's ways of dealing with it, but in this case your in the wrong... HIGHWAY CODE... without sarcasm... Read it as there may well be more things you don't know, fines etc
connollygt30

13th Nov 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really its all down to the descretion of the officer at the time...

I am 10000% sure there are better things he could have been doing but hey ho thats how it goes mate,maybe all these government cuts will make the cunts work harder dealing with real crime instead of shit like this...they are also famous round my way for hiding up wee side streets etc trying to catch people without seat belts or people going 1mph over the speed limit...

However this is corsa sport so...

You shouldnt have stopped there you deserve the fine and points and maybe even the death penalty blah blah blah

Steve
Premium Member

13th Nov 10 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you tell me what in gods name you are rambling on about please
connollygt30

13th Nov 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read it dickhead
Nath

13th Nov 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
Read it dickhead
Eck
Premium Member

13th Nov 10 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I await steves reply with baited breath.
sand-eel

13th Nov 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could do a gamble and hope they don't turn up at court, because its a very minor case, they prob can't be arsed.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Your thoughts... 22 database queries in 0.0156479 seconds