corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Abu Dhabi - F1

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abu Dhabi - F1
mwg

User status: Offline
13th Nov 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flacid
Rick Draper

13th Nov 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJAs for Massa, i think hes good, better than Button but he needs to leave Ferrari. Remember they give EVERYTHING to Alonso, he is clearly seen as the Barrichello of the team. Add to the fact he is probably still suffering from almost dying at the wheel and you can possibly see why he hasnt exactly done much this season.

LMFAO Massa better than Button, can i have a go on your crack pipe

He has almost always been owned by his team mates. Kimi did him in his first season at the team, the following season Massa was the only one of the 2 showing a interest and ever since then he has been owned by Alonso and you know whats the same every season? Cunts come out and say "o he gets the new bits last bla bla bla". BOLLOCKS Maybe he does but only after demonstrating he is only fit to be a supporting driver
Ryan

13th Nov 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I hope button takes alonso out on the first corner, the two red bulls take eachother out on the 1st corner and hamilton wins

That would be the dream I still think they should use Button as a battering ram at the first corner but the shit bastard probably couldnt even qualify high enough to get anywhere near the top 3.

Seeing as Lewis is all but out I'll be cheering on Webber. Hate Alonso and hate Red Bull and they clearly wanted Vettel to win it so it would shove it in their face a bit too.

Fancy him to do it too. Chances are it will be a RB 1-2 in Quali so as long as they get a good start they should pull away from the dirty spic and Vettel will probs have to let Mark through near the end.

I think his WDC states otherwise

You got to be a complete imbecile to think Hamilton was unlucky, Christ, even he admitted that he was at fault in both Monza and Singapore retirements. In Monza he didn't just rub tyres with Massa, Hamilton decided to place his car in a closing spot on the apex of a corner which resulted in his front end taking on Massa's rear. Oddly enough the rear of an F1 car is considerably stronger than the front And in Singapore he decided to take Webber on the outside when it was clear that Webber wasn't going to yield the position, plus Webber had the racing line! It was a rushed manoeuvre which resulted in a retirement that could have been easily avoided if he wasn't so hot headed.

And that's the problem with Hamilton, he get's worked up far too easily, almost Alonso/Vettel easily, which just ends up him pulling stupid cocky manoeuvres that rarely end well. And I believe this cockiness has come from a mixture of starting in a top team and him winning the WDC far too early in his career. He simply hasn't had to struggle like a lot of drivers, notably Webber, 7 seasons before he got a decent car; Button, 9 seasons before he had a decent car, perhaps with the exception of 2004 where BAR 6 got him 3rd in the WDC. And it's this struggle that I believe makes a decent and worthy driver. They haven't relied on the raw pace of the car because they simply haven't had it. Instead they've had to learn to deal with various situations to try and gain an advantage ie: Button is vastly superior in predicting tyre choices and track than Hamilton.

Plus I’ve never said Hamilton is shit, far from it in fact. I just don't think the sunshine falls out of his arse like a number of people on here believe.

And you can’t say Button’s WDC was purely down to his car last season, that’s complete betty swollocks. I mean, Massa’s is in one of the best teams in F1 and has had some brilliant cars, yet his driving isn’t exactly setting the world alight (closest to a WDC is 2nd in 2008)?

Anyways back to Abu Dhabi (this is starting to sound like one of Paul_J’s essays with youtube vids!), brilliant quali today. It'll certainly be a decent race. But I’m hoping Button will let Webber through to give him a better change at the title, although that’s very unlikely. In reality i think Vettel will win the race, unless he suffers engine failure, and Alonso will get the title!

Agree with all of this, Hamilton could be 3 time wdc tomorrow, he just makes far too many mistakes.

If he dosent qualify on the front 2 rows its likley that he is going to bin it pulling some stupid move.

Ive always been a Button fan from 2000, even when he was in the gash Honda i still prefered him to Hamilton, he comes across as cocky and arrogant and ive never really been behind him. Id like to see how he did in a Torro Rosso or Williams etc though.

Come on Webber!!
Dom

14th Nov 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hang on i never insinuated that you thought Lewis was shit, i was just stating that i didnt think Button was World Champion worthy. I know Hamilton makes mistakes, but its why i like him and you have to take the odd risk in F1 if you are going to come out on top. Its not like Button and Webber dont make them, just look at Korea, more so Webber as his was totally unforced and his crash in Valencia. Button for me just seems to tootle along and hope for others to fall off (with the exception of Brazil last season where i will admit he was excellent, i wish he would produce more of that!)

If Hamilton does take risks then I would say that aren't calculated risks. It's more of a case of stick your nose in somewhere and see what happens, which clearly hasn't work this season.
And you can't compare Webber's accident in Korea (torrential rains remember) to Hamilton's in Monza or Singapore. Webber went a little deep into the corner, left rear touched the grass and it took him off. The crash into Rosberg looked a little suspect but that's just my opinion.
As for Button, tootling along is complete bollocks. Even in his early years at Renault and Williams he was showing signs of a decent driver. And not to harp on, but 2004, 3rd in the WDC in car that was far from perfect!

quote:
I dont even know where this Lewis/Button argument has come from tbh, the only reason i put in Lewis was because they drive the same car so it easy to compare quality of driver without the car getting in the way and this season Lewis has done a lot better than Button in Quali and better than him in the championship.

And I'm willing to bet he will beat him again next season.

You can't really compare number 1 and number 2 drivers as the car is always designed, built and setup for the number 1 driver. And it's irrelevant of teams saying that favouring of drivers doesn't happen, as it does happen, it has happened and it always will happen. Even last year the Brawn was geared more towards Button's smooth driving style that Barrichello's. And it's the same with McLaren; the car is better suited to Hamilton’s erratic driving style.

Next year will be interesting, certainly from the point of KERS considering McLaren had the best KERs system (they've even come up with a hydraulic version which could be interesting) of last year. Whether or not Button will 'beat' Hamilton, I’ll probably have to agree with you and say it'll most likely be a struggle for him. But he's a number 2 driver and all that.

quote:
As for Massa, i think hes good, better than Button but he needs to leave Ferrari. Remember they give EVERYTHING to Alonso, he is clearly seen as the Barrichello of the team. Add to the fact he is probably still suffering from almost dying at the wheel and you can possibly see why he hasnt exactly done much this season.

I'm with Rick on this; sorry Jonny but you're a plum!
Massa has been with Ferrari for 5 seasons and the closest he's got to a WDC is 2nd. Perhaps back in 2002/2003 when he was with a Sauber I might have said, 'Yeah, this Massa guy might have a chance'. But even then drivers like Fisichella put him in his place. Massa is a number 2 and that's all he'll be. The years with Schuey and Kimi have proven this (maybe 2008 was the exception but Kimi started to lose interest in F1 after his WDC).
And I don't understand the logic of saying "He needs to leave Ferrari" because which top team will give him a seat? At a push he might get lucky with a team like Renault but he'd end up playing his usual role as number 2. Lotus/Virgin might take him on as number 1, but both teams are a fair few seasons away from competing in the top 10 let alone battling for the WDC.
And you can't blame any of this on his accident - he wasn't exactly raking in the points before it.

Ryan - I agree, stick him in a struggling team like Sauber or Torro for a few seasons as he might actually learn something. But i doubt he'll leave McLaren for a while yet (McLaren have spent far too much money on grooming him) and the most struggling he'll do was last year when McLaren had a dog of a car.
Russ

14th Nov 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monnnnn Lewis.
Marc

14th Nov 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'd like Webber to get it. Alonso and Hamilton have had it so its his turn
mwg

14th Nov 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This will be amazing if Lewis somehow manages to win the championship
Nath

14th Nov 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Webber as he lives locally, and for an Aussie he's actually alright. Plus Red Bull are MK
Nath

14th Nov 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't it be great if Ferrari suffered thanks to some Red Bull team orders
mwg

14th Nov 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't it be great if David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan stopped wearing those horrendous trousers
sc0ott

14th Nov 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before they started talking to jenson was it just me that noticed did that guy in the glasses, blueish shirt slap that other guy on the arse lol.
Also coultards looking a bit gay.
Nath

14th Nov 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out the Kings entourage
Marc

14th Nov 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Wouldn't it be great if David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan stopped wearing those horrendous trousers

And those tight shirts
Tommy L

14th Nov 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
This will be amazing if Lewis somehow manages to win the championship
It would be the best race in history, surely?
Marc

14th Nov 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Webber.
Rick Draper

14th Nov 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Alonso.
Dom

14th Nov 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck knows why they let EJ go on the grid walk, it was bloody cringe worthy when he was browning nosing

Rick - Seriously, Alonso?!

Edit 2 - It'll be interesting to see if Freddies engine will last.

[Edited on 14-11-2010 by Dom]
Nath

14th Nov 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rick you're like some sort of anti-fan. I mean supporting City AND wanting Alonso to win?! Jeez.
Dom

14th Nov 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go Go Go!!!
Marc

14th Nov 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's just after a reaction. Remember what the teacher said, just ignore them, they're just playing up for attentiion.
Marc

Schumacher
Nath

Ha fuck you Alonso.
mwg

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Rick you're like some sort of anti-fan. I mean supporting City AND wanting Alonso to win?! Jeez.

He just likes being controversial
Dom

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Schumacher

Boom Headshot!!
Ben J

14th Nov 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That could have been awful! I hate Schumacher but still!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Abu Dhabi - F1 23 database queries in 0.0157659 seconds