corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » University Protesting

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author University Protesting
AK

User status: Offline
24th Nov 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scum dont really get into good uni's so nothing much will change.

If people really want (need) the degree they will pay for it.

Entry grades are much lower than they used to be.... i.e this may cut down on the dross Steve is referring to
Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, at the moment its too easy for any imbecile to go to uni, then they qualify and wonder why they end up with a job stacking shelves in Tescos.

I genuinely believe people go into uni into a degree in mediastudys and expect to walk into a 60k per annum job

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

24th Nov 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just the trendy/social people delaying getting a real job most of the time.

Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nail on head
AK

24th Nov 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... but what are folk to do when it is widely accepted that you MUST go to uni to get ANY job these days.

Seems no one can 'get their foot in the door' anymore and you need to have the bit of paper that says you passed an exam but still may not know your ass from your elbow

I wont be surprised if there are Uni courses on petrol pump attending, shelf stacking and collecting the dole soon.

I dont mind if engilsh people do that because they pay fee's... BUT in Scotland we get the fee's paid by the tax payer! Good if the people do something worthwhile, a bit wastefull if they go and study paperfolding or something

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by AK]
Conway563

24th Nov 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
... but what are folk to do when it is widely accepted that you MUST go to uni to get ANY job these days.

Seems no one can 'get their foot in the door' anymore and you need to have the bit of paper that says you passed an exam but still may not no your ass from your elbow

In my experience it's the opposite.
Experience seems to be more valuable than a piece of paper bearing no relation to anything these days
AK

24th Nov 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes BUT how do you get that experience without the relevent degree these days?

Unless you are snapped up in some graduate scheme
Jules S
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some good banners/signs in the bristol mob

Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look, you can tell each and everyone is a Facebook idiot and is there purely to generate more Facebook attention for themselves, just so they can get this weeks addiction of drama
ed

24th Nov 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can tell they're thick as shit because they're of the disposition that the recession is all the bankers fault. Tabloid reading fucktards - see what I mean about the media?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what can you expect from a generation that relies on Wikipedia and Twitter for its media facts

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by Steve]
ed

24th Nov 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twitter is a good source for news you know about stuff hours, even days, before the big agencies..:
Adam_B

24th Nov 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just spat my drink out at 'i dont care im rich' one
Dom

24th Nov 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tar brush is out in force tonight
adiohead

24th Nov 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Nov 10 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cameron's
Dom

24th Nov 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
money would need to come from somewhere to cover the tuition fee's.

The gov is in debt - its needs to cut back, increase taxs (and stealth taxes)

I agree we're in massive debt. But the government isn't exactly helping itself when it goes around splashing cash on pointless shite, for example buying the A400m's which will set the government back £3.6bn. It's absolutely wasteful considering we have squadrons of C-17s that are better in every way and half the price.

Clegg also stands to lose a lot of support if and when it comes in as he was the one who rallied against it. It'll just make him as big of a cunt as Cameron.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Nov 10 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not protesting against a plane though, they're protesting against lowering the contribution that the government makes to funding HE.

Of course, if they expect the government contribution to stay high, they should also tell us where the money should come from. Which is either raising taxes or not spending it elsewhere. Now that could be a plane or a hospital, but I've seen no suggestions on any banners today.

The US have a better idea, save up and invest in education. Not bum about expecting it with no business case to even give you a reason to go.
ed

24th Nov 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Job creation seeing as BAE Systems have done a fair bit of work. Plus the A400M is in a different class to a C-17.
oceansoul

24th Nov 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just been said on the news that half of them students are only there because facebook told them too
Dom

24th Nov 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Job creation seeing as BAE Systems have done a fair bit of work. Plus the A400M is in a different class to a C-17.

It's a small aircraft but it doesn't really bring anything to the table as the C-17 can do its missions whilst having a longer-range, twice the payload of an A400m, yet half the price of the A400m. The productions costs of the A400m have also spiralled out of control. From what I remember it should have originally cost us £2bn for 25 planes, but the last figure was around £3.6bn mark and apparently the current figure is almost double the original cost. And no one can really explain why we need them, apart from the French saying that we don't have to be dependent on the American's - yet majority of the equipment in the A400m is American made.

Lord Gilbert's comment a few weeks ago in the house of lords summed it up brilliantly- a "Euro-wanking make-work project".

Ian - The A400m has no direct connection, granted. And I've taken this way off topic. But it was to highlight the fact the government is telling us they need to cut back and increase taxes as the nation is cash-strapped ie: increase tuition fees/cut uni budgets, yet is happy to spend billions on pointless aircraft.
MoesTavern

24th Nov 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Some good banners/signs in the bristol mob

Horse-faced morons having a whale of a time.

How can they expect anyone to take them seriously?
RCoughtrie

24th Nov 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo fuckin morons they want to move to scotland
Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Its just been said on the news that half of them students are only there because facebook told them too

is that a genuine comment or sarcasm i cant tell
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Nov 10 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at the state of that, everyone of them loving it cos they're being a bit naughty and it's yet another excuse to do nothing for a day, full on smiles everywhere.

No wonder the country's on it's arse when the majority of people now leave school and use college and uni as an excuse for a few more easy years before they have to get off their lazy arses and do a bit of work. If it wasn't handed on a plate to every Tom, Dick and Harry maybe a lot more would go out, get a job, learn a bit about responsibility then the people that actually want to go to uni for an education rather than a piss up will make the effort because of the lengths they've had to go to just to get on that course etc.

It's no wonder I hate so many students

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » University Protesting 22 database queries in 0.0167480 seconds