corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Icy brands hatch, vxr invasion and me having a doyle VIDEO page 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Icy brands hatch, vxr invasion and me having a doyle VIDEO page 3
Fad

User status: Offline
17th Dec 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most of these people do them in the dry and during summer. This has made me think though I dont think i'd want to crash in a Saxo
gez bay

18th Dec 10 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with you fad, he does loads of track days, and all weathers, not just summer ones. Everyone slips up a mistake now and again.
P1CK4D

18th Dec 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For once.. Im speechless
chrisritch

18th Dec 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
i agree with you fad, he does loads of track days, and all weathers, not just summer ones. Everyone slips up a mistake now and again.

no one is arguing that fact tbh
Paul_J

18th Dec 10 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excuse me, who is a man in here?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Dec 10 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not luck, is it?

It's having a go. You can't crash unless you were on it, which obviously he is, often
Ben G

18th Dec 10 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sake gav, why would you even bother going out on a day like today?

lesson learned, again

initally thought it was the ctr until i scrolled down!
Graham88

18th Dec 10 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky Gav, you've taken it pretty well but I guess it's because you know you have another car!

Whilst it would be cool just to patch it up and track it, you'll get looked down upon at every trackday as a bad driver and I think anybody who actually knows you knows you're not, and that would annoy me.

Get it stripped and move on, as someone mentioned, at least you didn't have a Ring bill to go with it this time! You're braver than me for even going out there, I'd have rather lost the £100 than risk that!

Was going to book a trackday for today (18th), glad I didn't now looking at the track conditions!

I'd definetly get the CTR on track, but in decent weather, that will be epic on track
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt careless about this one to be fair had a good laugh with he vxr lot in the paddock.
Obviously didnt go out to stack it and was been extra careful but shit happens.

On the plus its worth more dead then alive

CTR will be seeing track in summer and my new isurers offer track cover

Anyway VIDEO TIME

As you can see I was only going slow as the track was under full yellows at the time.
Dont know why it suddenly went as I was about 7 laps in so the tyres should have been a little warm.
Can here me on the power trying to save it but she was going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYv6CE1EKg

:doyle:

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Eck
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ach, shit happens. As said, at least it shows you're not scared to give it some
smcGSI16V

18th Dec 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paddock hill bend too.

I would say that even tho you had done 7 laps the rears still had no heat in them because of the slow speeds on the track, and the back end just let go on the slippery track like when it rains.

Considering its normally a 70mph+ corner you were only cruising too.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last time I glanced at a speedo on an earlier lap I think we were only going in at around 50. Warmer probably would have been alright as the gravel would have dug in better

jr

18th Dec 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one can doubts gavs driving from the 10's of trackdays he's done

what that is is amazingly unlucky to hit the barrier at that corner

the over correction is exactley how i crashed at mallory, but to reach the tyres from paddock says more about the gravel trap beeing frozen then anything else tbh mate, on the other hand if it wasnt fronzen you might have dugg in and rolled

sorry to see the outcome of it, and hope it doesnt put you off trackdays as your a very capable driver

jr

18th Dec 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in all honestly, buy a £500 vtr with a fucked box and transfer it all, will be all worth it for a cheap track hack
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
no one can doubts gavs driving from the 10's of trackdays he's done

what that is is amazingly unlucky to hit the barrier at that corner

the over correction is exactley how i crashed at mallory, but to reach the tyres from paddock says more about the gravel trap beeing frozen then anything else tbh mate, on the other hand if it wasnt fronzen you might have dugg in and rolled

sorry to see the outcome of it, and hope it doesnt put you off trackdays as your a very capable driver

Nah its only put me off frozen ones which arn't as much of a bargin as they seem.
Posative outcomes are that its worth more dead then alive as realisticly looking at 1800 for it but ive got a thread of mods on saxp for 2300 alone so can just weigh in the rolling shell then. Nans letting me have her garage for it So willay is off the hook Plus she said if I want to keep an "old banger" there for track im more then welcome PH1 172

jr

18th Dec 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infact, id be very tempted to get a saxo/106 shell, and enter what is known as the willaynurburgendyastrastateofmind, where you know your not using the car to get to work etc, and makes your drive that little bit faster
jr

18th Dec 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reshelllllll it
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed although in summer I am going to look at track insurance and do a day in the civic as its got all the makings to be savagly good

Think I would rather a 172 or something though as this car has put me off torsion bars as they dont seem to last

Fad

18th Dec 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the biggest problem with Saxo's they are extemely twitchy and the rack is so quick. Any enthusiastic over correction just makes it impossible to control. Especially in the conditions you were in!

I agree with James re shell and do more track days.....although the CTR woul make more sense
jr

18th Dec 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reshell reshell reshell. you wont need anything bar a rolling shell, which are 10 a penny
Butler

18th Dec 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id get an S1 106 shell for those bits.
Ben G

18th Dec 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me, even jason plato and his abnormally large head would not have saved that.

scary how quick is all happens and most human reactions just aren't quick enough.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
reshell reshell reshell. you wont need anything bar a rolling shell, which are 10 a penny

Theres a furio shell going for £100 local, sleeper

Stop tempting me

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone him up, ask him when he wants his 70 quid
alan-g-w

18th Dec 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked like you hit a particularly frozen bit since you just suddenly went. Were you following the same line as in previous laps?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Icy brands hatch, vxr invasion and me having a doyle VIDEO page 3 23 database queries in 0.0173481 seconds