corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Radio Rage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radio Rage
All Torque

User status: Offline
21st Dec 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Zane Lowe...... Just screams down the mic and plays crap rock music!

Biffy Clyro
Klaxons
Kings of Leon

Fuck all else. The man only likes 3 bands. Cunthead.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biffy Clyro are an amazing band, recent years- now they're mainstream they have gone down in my estimations but their early albums from years ago are brilliant.
Jake

21st Dec 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only good thing to come out of scotland since stiltskin aint it danny
All Torque

21st Dec 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Biffy Clyro are an amazing band, recent years- now they're mainstream they have gone down in my estimations but their early albums from years ago are brilliant.

My brother saw them at one of their first ever UK gigs years ago, was at a pub with ~30 people
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They used to be this really rough looking band all about the grungy sound, playing underground clubs and not on the radio, now they're allowing simon cowell to butcher their songs, very dissapointed. They used to have an awesome sound, everything they make these days is chart oriented.

Can you imagine this being in the charts? no, not a fucking chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP0Xu-9uJ30
Hammer

21st Dec 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The stuff Biffy are producing just now is a million times better than the stuff they first produced...hence why they will be headlining TITP next year and they haven't for the past 9 years they have been there.

I don't think an X Factor cover makes them uncool as much as the X Factor using a Biffy track doesn't make them cool.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for going off topic but I'm on one now listening to Biffy

Compare anything off 'Infinity Land' to their most recent 2 albums, only revolutions was gash, puzzles was just about worth listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DICMWkN2LI

I'd much prefer it if they went off the radar and went back to making music like they used to.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The stuff Biffy are producing just now is a million times better than the stuff they first produced...hence why they will be headlining TITP next year and they haven't for the past 9 years they have been there.

Their songs these days are far more radio friendly, people are more aware of them.

Their song writing has completely changed from the early albums, which imo are a better listen, far better 'rock' songs instead of pop indie.
Hammer

21st Dec 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you get it with every band, when someone likes them when they first come out then they start appealing to the masses the folk that first like them take the hump

KOL fans are the worst for it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate the kings of leon, zane lowe and the one who used to do the live lounge
ChrisBoom

21st Dec 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zane low announcing who is "on board", annoying twat
XE Col
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ant payne on galaxy manchester, very scott mills like and on that note scott mills too
emicen

21st Dec 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
They used to be this really rough looking band all about the grungy sound, playing underground clubs and not on the radio, now they're allowing simon cowell to butcher their songs, very dissapointed. They used to have an awesome sound, everything they make these days is chart oriented.

Can you imagine this being in the charts? no, not a fucking chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP0Xu-9uJ30

Fair point.

But isnt that kind of like saying, "because we (the initial fans) like you now, stop chasing your dream of becoming a success"?

Regardless of what any band says about keeping it real or other cliches, none of them dream about playing The Classic Grand as the pinacle of their careers. They want headliner at TITP/Glasto or sell out stadium tours, they wont get it without the charts behind them.
chrisritch

21st Dec 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

radio 2. drives me fucking mad with the bullshit they spout.

today for example jeremy vine was talking about coffee shop behaviour and whether one person getting the drinks whilst another gets a table should be banned.
WHO GIVES A FUCK YOU SAD CUNTS!
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen

But isnt that kind of like saying, "because we (the initial fans) like you now, stop chasing your dream of becoming a success"?

No not at all, fair play to them for becoming such a success, I just prefer their early music to the last 2 years
MJFF88

21st Dec 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
Not liking the hate for Moyles.

Hes by far the most technical skilled in the country when it comes to running a radio desk & runs the second most popular show in the country

What the fuck.... how can you quantativly say he is the most skilled DJ in the country?! Do they do exams then publish the results.

In my opinion he has sooo many klingons in the room to DO ALL THE WORK!

Of course there isn't an exam but I'm a radio producer & you can just hear it. His show is technically difficult to do. Sara Cox, Vernon Kay, Pete Tong & Scott Mills have all tried and failed to make it sound as seamless as Chris does
MJFF88

21st Dec 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sums up exactly what I mean! Give this a listen when you've got 10 minutes spare

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1984&idP=
MarkSport

21st Dec 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Zane Lowe...... Just screams down the mic and plays crap rock music!

Hate him, can't listen to his show...and also can't stand sara cox and westwood
Jake

21st Dec 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Not liking the hate for Moyles.

Hes by far the most technical skilled in the country when it comes to running a radio desk & runs the second most popular show in the country

What the fuck.... how can you quantativly say he is the most skilled DJ in the country?! Do they do exams then publish the results.

In my opinion he has sooo many klingons in the room to DO ALL THE WORK!

Of course there isn't an exam but I'm a radio producer & you can just hear it. His show is technically difficult to do. Sara Cox, Vernon Kay, Pete Tong & Scott Mills have all tried and failed to make it sound as seamless as Chris does

mate the geeza has at least 4 people as backup. i'd like to see him do a better job than the other djs without them
MJFF88

21st Dec 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know exactly who he has as I've done bits on his show and they are far from 'backups'. I agree that he bounces off them in such a way that if they weren't there the show quality would dip, but I'm talking technical skills. The buttons, the faders etc. He is the only person who touches them.

The other shows also have the same amount of people its just the DJ's choose not to interact with them in the way Chris does, which is to his advantage.

He has the extra person in Dave but other than that its a similar setup for all the playlist hour shows
SVM 286

21st Dec 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen

- Chris fucking Moyles. Tramplike, unfunny, self absorbed cock with gaggle of sympering sycophants in tow to convince him he's funny. I just wana slit his fucking throat

- Beyonce. really hate her music, an utter twat of a person. She's a prime candidate for receipt of a glass stomach following a massive bowel dis-impaction

- Fearne Cotton. Forced glottal stopping, parrot faced, wannabe rockchick cunt. Would say I'd love to kick her in the face but I'd be scared my foot got wedged up one of her massive hooter vents

I think I love you. X
Cavey

21st Dec 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Moyles and the team (exepct aled, fucking gay does my nut in) in the morning

Fearne Cotton, I hate her with a passion, she's a moron who has no idea what to talk about on the radio, so talks about her life, or her parents, or her cat. For 3 hours. Every day.

I bought myself a portable DAB radio, just so I had something other than radio1 to listen to for the 3 hours I spend walking in the mornings, now go for Talksport for that time and love it

And I really can not stand Scott Mills any more, the guys a bellend, he's 40 odd and acts like a 15 year old, unfunny prank calls on the radio every other day ffs, and that other retard who's on his show doesn't help either.

[Edited on 21-12-2010 by Cavey]
AK

21st Dec 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I still dont buy what your saying (not that your selling it :S)

Yes, He may be smarter than Sara Cox, Scott Mills and 100% smarter than Vernon Kay (did he do breakfast )... Chris Moyles is prob my most fav, least fav of the Radio1 numpties. I still think he's had his time though.

But... as you said his goons are far from back up. They play a big part in 'his' show... Chris Moyles is the front man if you like.

I really think the BBC need to stop dumbing down Radio1. You either have to be a 10-15yrs old or a bit vacant in the head to like their prime time broadcasts (my opinion).
AK

21st Dec 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

And I really can not stand Scott Mills any more, the guys a bellend, he's 40 odd and acts like a 15 year old, unfunny prank calls on the radio every other day ffs, and that other retard who's on his show doesn't help either.

Scott Mills is that old

I thought he was about 25 or something.

He is a prime prick. Annoying idiot
Cavey

21st Dec 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their target audience for 630-6 is age 15-24 iirc, so it's going to stay dumbed down unfrotunately

Older than 24 you're expected to go to Radio2 I guess.

(Might of been an exageration on Mills' age, he was born in 74, so... 36?, I wasn't far off)

[Edited on 21-12-2010 by Cavey]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Radio Rage 22 database queries in 0.0163379 seconds