corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car accident, would you stop and help?

Poll: car accident, would you stop and help?
  should've stopped
  keep going

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car accident, would you stop and help?
Jambo

User status: Offline
24th Dec 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
My advice to all of you as heartless as it seems is to never stop. I witnessed/helped people out of a car that was on it's roof a horrendous accident had to give a statment then some cunt traffic officer came round and tried accusing me of causing it. Scum

THIS

I have been threatned with my car being crushed and prison for driving with no insurance when the police decided they didnt like the look of me. Was 6months of hell.

Can't trust the filth as far as you can throw them tbh
Brett
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the story, Jambo?!
Doug

24th Dec 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah anyone that is close to the police are dodgy.

Trust no-one.
brebaz

24th Dec 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seen a corsa b rolled in a field so i stopped to check...

if there was anything on it that i wanted

but really i stopped nobody was there so just drove on

[Edited on 24-12-2010 by brebaz]
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd stop and I hope others would do the same for me if I was in that situation.
MarkSport

24th Dec 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tough call ben. I would only stop and help if it was on a lit road or so there are people around. could well be a maniac in a field
Robbo_Corsa

24th Dec 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was driving back from Scotland a few months back, i was in the 2nd lane of a 3 lane motorway. There were lorrys in the slow lane, and i was overtaking these.
The road was quite empty at the time, apart from these lorrys and myself.
About 5 car-lengths infront of me this Astra swerved across the lanes and smashed into the centre barrier, for no apparent reason and came to rest in the fast lane, front end just into the middle lane.
First thought was "shiiitt.." had to swerve to miss her, pulled over straight away onto hard shoulder.
Me & a friend ran over, with what i saw i was expecting a mess!
The women inside was fine, she was sat there in shock. Bear in mind its quite late and cars are still going along the motorway, no street lights etc.
I got her out the car and walked her to hard shoulder whilst my mate was on the phone to the Police.
Every car the came down in the fast lane had to swerve for the car as they could hardly see it.
I decided to move my car further up the hard shoulder as if a car had collieded with the other car they'd of come towards us.
She then started screaming everytime a car nearly hit it, "My dog, my dog!!"
I then realised that her dog was in the car! So i ran back across all 3 lanes and had to get the dog out the back.
Her boyfriend then turned up and took my details incase the Police wanted any details (they never did) and i got on my way.
A few weeks after i got a phonecall, it was the women thanking me for helping her. No-one else had stopped at all!
She asked for my address and i recieved £50 in the post from her! Bonus!!

I always stop if theres and accident, i'd like to think people would do the same for me.. But by the sounds of most people on here i'd be left for dead!!

[Edited on 24-12-2010 by Robbo_Corsa]

[Edited on 24-12-2010 by Robbo_Corsa]
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, my first thought if I saw an accident wouldn't be ''omg i cant go and help, there may be a maniac down there'' wtf?!
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he last accident i stopped for (the motorbike going into the car) i got nothing but grief off this bloke and his mum for about 2 months after.

they wanted witness statements and all sorts.

his mum even phoned me up asking how i knew her son (wayne) and how my dogs were getting on? fucking crazy family.

i think this has put me off stopping for people tbh.
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bearing in mind i work 3 shifts so some times i was getting woken up after nights at 10-11am asking for my details and to describe what i saw.

absolutely ridiculous.
alan-g-w

24th Dec 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
My advice to all of you as heartless as it seems is to never stop. I witnessed/helped people out of a car that was on it's roof a horrendous accident had to give a statment then some cunt traffic officer came round and tried accusing me of causing it. Scum

This, I wouldn't be worried about wheel nuts being shoved anywhere, it's the hassle the cops cause. I'd stop though if nobody else was about.

Surely you'd only stop if there WERE people about the way you're talking about it? That way the police can't make any wild accusations?

I stopped at a woman lying in the middle of the road after clearly being hit by a vehicle, no-one could provide details of how she got there. This went through my mind since the people who all stopped to help weren't there at the same time as me. The police came, took one look at my car and saw that it was clearly not involved in any way, shape of form.

If you've stopped to help someone and phoned 999 the last thing the police are going to is accuse you of starting it. They'll question you what you're doing, evaluate the situation and make a decision based on that. If something seems suspicious then they'll obviously follow it up with more questions - you just need to look at that example of someone bullshitting to see that there are people who would cause something only to claim they had nothing to do with it.
antnee

24th Dec 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't stop if it was on a country/quiet road. One of my friends had his car nicked by stopping for someone laying in the middle of the road, not moving, so he stops, as he gets out the car, someone else appears from no where, twats him round the head, the 2 guys then jump in his car and drive off

Although, when I had my crash, a guy did stop and help, although that was on a lit dual carriage way and FAZ was there already too.
Russ

24th Dec 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd of left gf in drivers seat and gone to check
Ryan_G1

24th Dec 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People about calling the emergency services, what if the driver was ok. Had been blatently flat out and crashed and didnt want the police there incase they tried to do him with dangerous driving or something?
Robbo_Corsa

24th Dec 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
I wouldn't stop if it was on a country/quiet road. One of my friends had his car nicked by stopping for someone laying in the middle of the road, not moving, so he stops, as he gets out the car, someone else appears from no where, twats him round the head, the 2 guys then jump in his car and drive off

Same thing happend to my mate, had his Ibiza nicked!
Russ

24th Dec 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ryan_g1, if he's put it in a field, he probably is driving dangerously
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i'd of left gf in drivers seat and gone to check

where would i have parked my car though?

it's a twisty road with no places to pull in unfortunately, speed limit is 50 so any idiot could have come flying down and not reacted in time
alan-g-w

24th Dec 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
People about calling the emergency services, what if the driver was ok. Had been blatently flat out and crashed and didnt want the police there incase they tried to do him with dangerous driving or something?

I was saying if you're not going to do anything, you'd be as well doing that. Purely because even if there's only a 10% chance that the person's lying there dying it'd be worth it. But I'd stop and have a look before phoning any sort of emergency services to see what the situation is anyway.
Anty
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should of stopped !! they could be injured and needing medical assitance..
Ryan_G1

24th Dec 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
ryan_g1, if he's put it in a field, he probably is driving dangerously

thats the point im trying to make though. What if he was fine and awaiting recovery to get away from the scene so the police cant do him, then someone drives past and phones the policce and he gets fucked for it?
Ryan_G1

24th Dec 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

I was saying if you're not going to do anything, you'd be as well doing that. Purely because even if there's only a 10% chance that the person's lying there dying it'd be worth it. But I'd stop and have a look before phoning any sort of emergency services to see what the situation is anyway.

I agree with the stopping and having a look and if all is well there is no need to phone the police, just dont phone them when you dont know the circumstances of whats happened or if everyone is fine
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
You should of stopped !! they could be injured and needing medical assitance..

or they could be pissed/on drugs and violent because i've seen what they look like and don't want me to phone police.

works both ways. would rather not put myself in danger i think. not on this occasion anyway.

it was definitely dangerous driving, theres no way you'd fly off into a field on that corner, doing the correct speed.
alan-g-w

24th Dec 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

I agree with the stopping and having a look and if all is well there is no need to phone the police, just dont phone them when you dont know the circumstances of whats happened or if everyone is fine

Aye mate, I've been there myself trying to get the car to fuck (all legit, was just trying to gtf before the police turned up).

It's just that if these people, who are by the sounds of things too scared to stop, go past a car that's been crashed the least they could do is let it be known there's someone crashed. You don't need to have the car caved in to be seriously injured either, just last year my uncle took a heart attack at the wheel and ended up dying from it. It just so happened that he was on a busy main road but if he was on any sort of back road it would have just been some random motor sitting in the middle of a ditch with a 76 year old man in the driver's seat.

For people to just drive past without so much as checking - just stick the window down and shout something even, you don't need to leave the car - is almost heartless.
Dom

24th Dec 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't emergency services track your position using network tower triangulation?
bubble

24th Dec 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stopped once and saved a man by draggin him out. his car set on fire, his son was in the back of the car.

was horrid tbh

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car accident, would you stop and help? 22 database queries in 0.0290880 seconds