corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra cdti 150sri

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author astra cdti 150sri
sc0ott

User status: Offline
10th Jan 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goes without saying on all most every performance car though.

Edit. The thrashing comment im referring to.

[Edited on 10-01-2011 by sc0ott]
A2H GO

10th Jan 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It must not be true because the people on the Internet say it happens.

The ones that say it's Internet hype are the ones that haven't had to pay out £1000+ for rumours and fairy tales.

Lots of cars have problems which are documented across the various forums. If the cdti/vxr gearbox wasn't an issue, this thread wouldn't already be 3 pages.

Jambo

11th Jan 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say it is a "problem" as in one corsa forum thread there are 3 or 4 people who have experienced gearbox issues.

It is over hyped as are transfer boxes and vanos issues. But that doesn't mean it's not a weak point on the car. I would confidently buy one still however.

Dismissing it as how people drive is laughable.
Ojc

11th Jan 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are harsh on cars, lifting the clutch up too fast, smashing it into gear etc etc

I witness horrendous driving on a daily basis.
Tom G

11th Jan 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by John
We've covered this before, AON and vxronline are full of twats.

And your a genius and know everything???

Know it all on forums can be the biggest dicks ever when talking about problems. i know a lad who is a technician at Arnold Clark and just laughs some of the stuff he sees on forums or people try and tell him, even though he works on them everyday and has owned 2 1.9 cdti's! I would never dismiss anything just because someone on the internet says so..,
A2H GO

11th Jan 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
People are harsh on cars, lifting the clutch up too fast, smashing it into gear etc etc

I witness horrendous driving on a daily basis.

Surely thats the case for every make and model of car then, yet its mainly the 'Vauxahall CDTI/VXR gearbox broken' thread that comes up every week.
A2H GO

11th Jan 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by John
We've covered this before, AON and vxronline are full of twats.

And your a genius and know everything???

Know it all on forums can be the biggest dicks ever when talking about problems. i know a lad who is a technician at Arnold Clark and just laughs some of the stuff he sees on forums or people try and tell him, even though he works on them everyday and has owned 2 1.9 cdti's! I would never dismiss anything just because someone on the internet says so..,

Neither would I, which is why I bought one. A few months later, hindsight said I should have listened to the internet.
Beato

11th Jan 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is fine.
JayCarr

11th Jan 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old 1.9CDTi had a reciept in the folder when i bought it from AA recovery. It listed the problem as stuck in 3rd gear. There was no reciept from any garage saying whether it had a replacement box or not, but it was fine when i owned it with 90k on the clocks.

However, my 58 plate 1.3CDTi Astra Van that i've had from 110 delivery miles had a new box after around 26k miles and is now on 55k and is starting to whine.

Luck of the draw i think.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra cdti 150sri 22 database queries in 0.0110810 seconds