corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Really undecieded

Poll: Really undecieded
  D90's
  Slabs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Really undecieded
dale87

User status: Offline
21st Feb 11 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the d90's can look good but id only ever fit them if the car dosn't get used properly. imo they will probably ruin the handling but i'm just against running any sort of wheel spacers full stop. and with stretched tyres and massive spacers i'd always be a bit wary about driving the car hard.

all that might be complete non-sense though as i've got no experience with d90's i just thinkmassive wheel spacers and stretched tyres are the devils work lol. look good though and suppose thats the main reason people fit porker wheels.

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by dale87]
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean. Would about getting the hubs and that drilled out the 5x130? Safer? Better? Lol
Jake

21st Feb 11 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think the hub is big enough to be drilled out to 5x130 but someone might correct me. as for the picture you posted you're better off u2u'ing the owner to find out what width adapters he used but going off the pictures he's used 195/40s aswell so thats the kind of stretch youre after.

the handling wont be the best but the beauty of wheels and coilovers is you can aswell change them and adjust the ride height if you get bored
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will find out from sportboy and rich h what they used cos going by rich's car the rear looks like it sits nicely under the arch. I don't drive my car hard tbh anyways, so should have a problem.

May have to raise the rear but when I come to it
jimmy 2.1

21st Feb 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the the ones used on Vegas Phil's/Rich H's car were 6" wide all round, hence they sat in the arches.
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right ok so not to do with offset or spacers then. Think I'm gonna go for the d90's just got to work out the spacing side of things, because if they rub I will be sooooo p**seed off lol
SeanXE

21st Feb 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slabs make the car imo, will ruin it with shite euro style wheels but again thats just my opinion. Cant see it not rubbing when your that low and there way out of offset
nathy_87

21st Feb 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
slabs
aron

21st Feb 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get 7j et52 all round

use 15mm hubcentric spacers for final offsets of ET37 and run 195/40 tyres

you may have to do some minor arch work under the plastic rear arches depending on how low you're planning on having it, but nothing major.

the final look will be worth it
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cool where would I get those spacers. When you mean arch work, how do you mean?

Cheers
Aleex

21st Feb 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all gold d90's look immense especially with the engraved badges, dont know how they'd go with the blue though, works with subaru's.
aron

personally i'd shop around and get some 2nd hand on e38 or ebay etc, but you can get them new, £160 for 4;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FK-PCD-Wheel-Adapters-4x100-5x130-Porsche-15mm-/270598095000

by arch work i mean de-bolting the rear arches and possibly trimming the metal back to give more clearance.

how low are you looking to go? 60mm won't need much work at all, anything over 80mm and you might need to cut some of the metal lip away, it's not a hard job though
SeanXE

quote:
Originally posted by Aleex
all gold d90's look immense especially with the engraved badges, dont know how they'd go with the blue though, works with subaru's.

Subarus with 16s on?
Aleex

21st Feb 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
quote:

Subarus with 16s on?

meant gold and blue you tool
SeanXE

21st Feb 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Subarus with 16s on?

Ohhhh, hey! no need for insults Only didn't get it because I've never seen gold d90s

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by SeanXE]
stu_c

21st Feb 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go 5 stud!!
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers aron, once again you have come to my rescue lol.
I'm sitting at 80mm at the moment but if need be I could raise it back to 60mm. 5 stud it is then
Graham88

21st Feb 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsabI don't drive my car hard tbh anyways, so should have a problem.

SeanXE

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
Cheers aron, once again you have come to my rescue lol.
I'm sitting at 80mm at the moment but if need be I could raise it back to 60mm. 5 stud it is then

redtom

if you want spacers/adaptors darling i can get you some made up for probably less than what your looking to pay xx
Aleex

21st Feb 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Subarus with 16s on?

Ohhhh, hey! no need for insults Only didn't get it because I've never seen gold d90s

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by SeanXE]

they look good. was some on wheel whores the otherday
Pip308

21st Feb 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always wanted d90s on my corsa, sold the corsa and bought some lol. Will be going on one of my golfs
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsabI don't drive my car hard tbh anyways, so shouldn't have a problem.

Edited lol
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtom
if you want spacers/adaptors darling i can get you some made up for probably less than what your looking to pay xx

Can you? Talk to me. X
Jake

21st Feb 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont go 5 stud just get adapters. im sure sportyboy had 8s on the back. 7s in my opinion look absolute pony but its up to you mate

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Really undecieded 22 database queries in 0.4237621 seconds