corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » It's taken near on 12 years

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It's taken near on 12 years
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 11 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will usually start at who they employed last as it will cost them less, i dont think ability plays much part tbh
Ojc

8th Mar 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is our roles are changing to sales roles, none of us are sales people we are support people but the other teams which are under threat have sales experience so they will fill most of the avaliable roles and then our 2 managers will have to take a step down to just being normal sales people so thats another 2 people.

Basically nobody on my team will have a job in the next two weeks, we all have consultation meetings over the next 2 weeks and my preference is to be made redundant but if that isn't possible as they feel I can do a job (or to be difficult) I can take the job and then take voluntary redundancy 3 months later

BUT

My work are good to me and I've already said to manager that I would rather just be let go and she has appreciated it as it means that is one person less they have to go through all the bullshit with interviewing and means someone else who might want to stay will get a job.
BarnshaW

8th Mar 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taking us all to nandos then revs
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Only people who are shit at their job get made redundant

I kind of see where Robbo is coming from.

While being shit at your job usually isn't a cause for redunancy alone. If a company decides to make redundancies for whatever the reason might be, they will start at the bottom in terms of ability.

For example if you have a team of 10 people and for money saving reasons, you are forced to make 5 of them redundant, obviously you are going to make the worst 5 people redundant. Now their ability wasn't the thing that triggered the redundancies, but it inevitably led to their redundancy.

Comprendez?
I've seen great people go and retards stay
Ojc

8th Mar 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
taking us all to nandos then revs

Na mate, giving you a big kiss.
Ben G

8th Mar 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
they will usually start at who they employed last as it will cost them less, i dont think ability plays much part tbh

nail. head.

last in, first out. end of.
Dom

8th Mar 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

99% of the time it's this, and then it moves on to people at the bottom of the chain. And saying 'only people that are shit at their jobs get made redundant’ is complete bollocks. Most management is full of nobbers that don't know their arse from their elbow, yet they are protected from redundancy.
craig_s

8th Mar 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you only get it based on minimum wage for the time served before you were 21 too,then full pay.good that you have something to fall back on though.

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by craig_s]
Ojc

8th Mar 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, had a discussion with a girl at work that doesn't come into it. It's based on my salary now not back then or what age I was, what you are saying is correct but that's for statutory redundancy.

I imagine if they want to be funny they will bring into the fact I haven't been there much the last year or my age when I started but they aren't arseholes at my place.
SetH

8th Mar 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone thinking of celebrating redudancy needs to have a Word. Its short term gain, i think a lot of you underestimate how tough it is out there for Jobs at the moment. The recession is just something on TV until you lose your job and suddenly shit becomes real.

If you can get something else relatively quickly then quids in I guess.
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Ojc already has a job lined up.
SetH

8th Mar 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Think Ojc already has a job lined up.

Lower Arms powder coating facility
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dealing crack I think.
SetH

8th Mar 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6/10 IMDB
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

_Allan_

8th Mar 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought this was a Duke Nukem thread
deano87

8th Mar 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a house deposit lined up then.

Would be ok if you had a job lined up. A bit daunting if you didn't know - although £20k tax free would be more than my salary for a year.
John

8th Mar 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

House deposit and no job to pay the mortgage
Robbo

8th Mar 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Do you not feel a bit bad that all you managed to achieve in 12 years within one company was redundancy?

If the company evolves that's even worse, it means that other people have evolved with the company and you've sat there doing nothing.
Careful, Russ will be along shortly...
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

Ah, too late
Robbo

PS Ollie, well done on achieving the office dream
Ojc

8th Mar 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting with my dad asap had a long discussion tonight and getting the van sign writing redone to include SJC & Son.

I'm going to enrole in college in september to get some proper qualifications I'm good at what I do when I work with my dad but good to have something to put on paper.

Proper excited just got to play this cool with work and make sure they don't try to fuck me over but at the same time I want to go asap so need to get my consultation meeting this week as I think only me and another woman are going to be the only ones out of 22 people that will want to leave.

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by Ojc]
Eck
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 04:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

I kind of see where Robbo is coming from.

While being shit at your job usually isn't a cause for redunancy alone. If a company decides to make redundancies for whatever the reason might be, they will start at the bottom in terms of ability.

For example if you have a team of 10 people and for money saving reasons, you are forced to make 5 of them redundant, obviously you are going to make the worst 5 people redundant. Now their ability wasn't the thing that triggered the redundancies, but it inevitably led to their redundancy.

Comprendez?

What about last in first out? Time served is also a major factor so it really isn't always the shittest going first

In my case though, it was I had only been permanent a couple of months when people who were there for years got chucked!
Eck
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 04:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

nail. head.

last in, first out. end of.

Should have read this page before responding
DaveyLC

9th Mar 11 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Check your contract before you get too excited.

quote:
Do you not feel a bit bad that all you managed to achieve in 12 years within one company was redundancy?

Thats what happens to most people, companies evolve and there isnt space for everyone.. I've worked where I am for 10 years and I have no doubt that it will end in redundancy.

If the company evolves that's even worse, it means that other people have evolved with the company and you've sat there doing nothing.

No John, you can be a part of the companies core business but some times the Market forces that core business to change and there isn't much you can do about it.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » It's taken near on 12 years 22 database queries in 0.3132288 seconds