corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RIP Pete Dennis

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIP Pete Dennis
micra_pete
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 11 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

met him once through a mutual friend. Really sad news.
16vKarlos

18th Mar 11 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R-I-P PETE!!!

i dont remember this fella as he was before my time, but he was obviouisly a great bloke!!

heart goes out to the families
Anty
Premium Member

19th Mar 11 at 01:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R.I.P
M Sutton

19th Mar 11 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had these pictures of Pete's Corsa C3RSA on my website from years ago! I put them in the album 7 years ago, even thought the pictures of it carabic blue are probably abit older, it shows you just how nice this car was for its time.

RIP

[Edited on 19-03-2011 by M Sutton]
Ojc

19th Mar 11 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember Pete took me and Danielle to Northampton station in C3RSA it was immense going in a 2.0 16v Corsa even better he had fitted an F28 to it
Steve
Premium Member

19th Mar 11 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reiger rear apron best mod u can fit on the rear of a corsa b
Matt H

19th Mar 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
reiger rear apron best mod u can fit on the rear of a corsa b

Not a 206 WRC spoiler?
Icy

19th Mar 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP
alan-g-w

19th Mar 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the flip painted C3 RSA in Max Power? It looks familiar
MatG

20th Mar 11 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i was the bearer of bad news Ian. Im still shocked especially as he is close to my age and we were both young running businesses etc. He helped me out so much with my car and the members of Astra Sport (and of course Corsa Sport and many others) in the early days. Pete and Vicky were a big part of getting so many people really into the vauxhall scene.

Sad times. RIP

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by MatG]
Ojc

20th Mar 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep Vicky even got my ex a job I blame them for my vaux obsession
Jambo

20th Mar 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vicky was hot.

32 is so young. Very sad
Andy

20th Mar 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is awful news I haven't been on here for ages and ages (used to run a 214bhp Corsa on TBs) but a friend sent me the link. I knew Pete when he was setting up PVD (with Vicky) I know Pete ruffled a few feathers in his time but his heart was in the right place. I remember one occasion when I came down from Cumbria for a meeting and Pete put me (and half a dozen others) up willingly. I'll be thinking of him and his family today...
jr

20th Mar 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shows the esteem he was held in with thr messageslike Andy and mat have left

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by jr]
jaffa

20th Mar 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP Pete
Pete and C3 were a huge influence on me during my modding days. Terrible news.
Jill
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
RIP Pete

As Ollie said he always had time to answer peoples questions and he certainly addressed all my silly questions regarding an XE conversion back in the day when they were relatively rare.

[Edited on 17-03-2011 by SetH]

I'm really sad to hear this awful news I met Pete at a few shows and spoke to him numerous times on the phone about various bits and bobs C20XE related. He always had time for you and no matter how silly your question/s seemed he'd always have the answer or point you in the direction of someone else who could help.

May he rest in peace
Daimo B

21st Mar 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was told this at the end of last week by Donna.

Despite the problems at the end of PVD, people should remember that Pete helped an awful lot of Vauxhall enthusiasts at the start. PVD wouldn't have grown so quickly and so well if it were not for the business.

He put vauxhall tuning on the map IMO. Before PVD, there were only a few tiny Vauxhall performance parts comanies, and Pete ended up having 6 page adverts in Max Power and such (of which was NOT cheap to do!!!).

As much as I disliked him at the end for certain reasons, I got on very well with Pete at the start, before PVD etc. I'd call him the "fonz" due to his dark hair and height, and he'd call me "Cone" for my stupidly large air filter.

At heart, he was a nice bloke, but made some bad decisions. He was posh, arrogent, and up himself, but this didn't make him a bad person, if you knew how to take his banter, you'd get on ok, and we did for a good few years.

Despite how a few customers did suffer problems, its only a tiny tiny percentage of those he helped, and this should be remembered. He brought Europes mods to the UK, he constently changed his car, and was frequently dealing with Europeans to get Steinmetz, Lexmaul, and other high end quality products to the UK market (lets face it, Rossitors were pants).

Needless to say, my other half has been a bit upset, and im extremly shocked myself.

I hope the funeral went as well as could be expected.

Does anyone know if Vicki and Dave Harwood have been informed? Not in contact with either any more, but I think both should be told.

RIP Fonzy, it wasn't deserved.

Few pictures at the bottom of this page, and the next page.

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/my_favourite_corsas/a_old_skool_photos/page6.html

Some already posted. I'll see what other shots of him i've got in some old magazines.
Ojc

21st Mar 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine Vicki knows as Joff still speaks to her.
Robin
Premium Member

21st Mar 11 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff will have told Vicki if she didn't already know, not sure about Dave though.
Daimo B

21st Mar 11 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to think it was Vicki who took her license first (bike).

Last time I actually saw Pete was the Ireland Redline show. Last time D5 and C3 were together as well. In fact, i'll drop Lee Manning and Renton an email and let them know, as Renton and the Redline lot (of old) got on well with Pete as he always wanted to be the stand out man, and had a lot of dealings with Redline.

As of now, the past is the past, bad things happened, but I think its important to remember what he done for the Vauxhall community, and he was a very very active member on this site for many years, and was always attending all the meets, all the shows, until PVD went big time and then his time was spent on his trade stands.

PVD had by far the largest stands, and it was always fully brimmed when at PVS and such (helped byt the fact he lived so local to Billing, Santa Pod etc).

He was at meets in Stoke before i'd even joined up, and was one of the original members on this site.

tbh, whilst I've not spoken to him for many years, I would like to remember the early few years when we got on very well, before the business, and remember the epic banter we shared (all in good heart, not meaningful insults like the internet has moved on to be like today).

It is very sad news and he didn't deserve this at all
Daimo B

21st Mar 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last I new, Dave was working between the UK and India where he's lived for a few years. I last spoke a few years ago when he was back, but lost contact since.

They were in partnership to start with, until Dave got squeezed out (to start Chameleon), and Pete went big time.

Dave never had the urge to make it work, and Pete did put a lot of time in to get the business to where it stood for a while.

Pete made PVD work for a while.

I think its important for this website to remember how much input he had in the early years (used to help us with meet locations, and be one of us few who arrived early, and left late at meets), how much he aided the Vauxhall modifying scene, and how much input he had.

LMF seems to have taken over where PVD left off, but its still nothing like PVD was.

I have a genuine sadness for this tragic event
Ojc

21st Mar 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love you
3CorsaMeal

21st Mar 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I"

"I"

"I"
Russ

21st Mar 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i won a competition that PVD organised for a black mamba pipercross induction kit.

might not of been pvd though..

either-way. RIP fellow biker
M2RTY

21st Mar 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad news, dealt with him a few times 2001ish. Rip

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RIP Pete Dennis 22 database queries in 0.0172892 seconds