corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: "Where experience counts" - Impreza RB320

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: "Where experience counts" - Impreza RB320
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
5th Apr 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was just called mopping a car before and bodyshops did it
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah exactly
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres definately a perfectly good reason for the work, id even have it done myself, but you can get it done properly for reasonable amounts imo
Ojc

5th Apr 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This isn't a new thing, concourse parts of shows has been around for years its just it's a lot cheaper like a lot of things now to do yourself so it's brought it all to the average car detailer who can now pick up a DA and achieve a decent level of correction.

It's seriously satisifying work seeing the difference take shape.
Nath

5th Apr 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
This isn't a new thing, concourse parts of shows has been around for years its just it's a lot cheaper like a lot of things now to do yourself so it's brought it all to the average car detailer who can now pick up a DA and achieve a decent level of correction.

It's seriously satisifying work seeing the difference take shape.

Seconded.
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
also, it's a shame you get grief everytime just for posting these threads

I honestly don't mind. Its always the same questions and the same points from the same people.

They obviously have some issues with it, but its no skin off my nose.
It also doesn't make a difference to Polished Bliss as they hit their £500,000 turnover milestone last month.

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
it was just called mopping a car before and bodyshops did it

That's talking about the machine polishing in general. Detailing is where you include other "details" such as wheels, inner arches, engine bay, exhaust tips, lights, interior and in PB's case, even dent removal.

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by BluKoo]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
They obviously have some issues with it, but its no skin off my nose.
It also doesn't make a difference to Polished Bliss as they hit their £500,000 turnover milestone last month.

thats all very well and brilliant that they are cashing in on it at the moment, but i reckon in the not too distant future paying big money for this work will be a thing of the past, just an internet fed craze
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it, there's plenty of rich people willing to pay to keep their cars in pristine condition.
John

5th Apr 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought they weren't in it to make money? Could spend 3 years giving cars a wash etc etc?

Very good transformation on the scooby
Nath

5th Apr 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I doubt it, there's plenty of rich people willing to pay to keep their cars in pristine condition.

As there has been for years too.
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Thought they weren't in it to make money? Could spend 3 years giving cars a wash etc etc?

Very good transformation on the scooby

They are a business, so of course they're in it to make money, but they're also highly driven on customer satisfaction. That's why they're also quite happy to give free advice and demonstrations to those who prefer to do it themselves.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
5th Apr 11 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
5 years is too recent i remember this being talked about 5 years ago, more like 10 years ago
Lou Carpenter gave that young lad a job doing it on Neighbours, and I've not had a television for 6 years.

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by Ian]
John

5th Apr 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Free demostrations, ie product and service advertisement.

I've not got a problem with them making money, I'd be ripping the arse out it too.

No point kidding on otherwise though.
Wrighty

5th Apr 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly, great write up and pics.

the tools to detail are readily available and doesnt take much homework to get an idea of what your doing and how to do it. similar results could be had for a lot less but as already mentioned, loadsa rich people out there to pay for £1000 car washes/polishing so dont think it will die a death anytime soon
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, iv seen lots of trends come and go in the car world, at one point it was unthinkable that large bodykits would ever stop selling, places like PMC etc making bucket loads off the scene, and that all died out and businesses went under.

Same old story just get repeated, same as there has always been rich people who would spend silly amounts putting the biggest and most lairy bodykits on cars

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by Steve]
Rich H

5th Apr 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did I end up getting bought up in this thread?!

I was following this Scooby on Clark's Twitter last week - never realised it was corrected with such a mild pad / polish combo though I've been fortunate enough to avoid most Scoobys for correction work so far
3CorsaMeal

5th Apr 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did Ian just say something funny
chrisritch

5th Apr 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
did Ian just say something funny

I didn't laugh so no.
chrisritch

5th Apr 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But in relation to the thread. fair play to the guy if someone wanted to pay me circa 1k to clean a car i would jizz myself

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by chrisritch]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to know if that lad charged lou carpenter 800 bucks for it, maybe it was just 700 smackeroons, or perhaps lou let him go down on cheryl or just give him a share in Chez Chers
Ojc

5th Apr 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
But in relation to the thread. fair play to the guy if someone wanted to pay me circa 1k to clean a car i would jizz myself

Are you spasticated? Yes ok 1k is excessive and I bet Rich could do the same job for less I agree.

But for one second you think you could achieve this with a sponge and some washing up liquid then you are more mental than I first thought

dhdev

5th Apr 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get a discount if Polished Bliss/You post the pics of the detail on the internet? Surely this is the main reason for their success, posting the evidence on the internet, so must be worth something to the people that are paying £££'s for the work?

P.S I'm not hating, I think the work they do is fantastic.
BluKoo

5th Apr 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev
Do you get a discount if Polished Bliss/You post the pics of the detail on the internet? Surely this is the main reason for their success, posting the evidence on the internet, so must be worth something to the people that are paying £££'s for the work?

P.S I'm not hating, I think the work they do is fantastic.

Polished Bliss survive on a lot of word of mouth to be honest.

While they do make themselves known to the odd customer online, the majority of custom comes from personal recommendation.
Chris x

5th Apr 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Are you spasticated? Yes ok 1k is excessive and I bet Rich could do the same job for less I agree.

But for one second you think you could achieve this with a sponge and some washing up liquid then you are more mental than I first thought

Dont wind chrisritch up, he goes fucking balistic!
BarnshaW

5th Apr 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will start getting mouthy with you and getting billy big balls as usual

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: "Where experience counts" - Impreza RB320 22 database queries in 0.0969782 seconds