corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any project managers on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any project managers on here?
SetH

User status: Offline
14th Apr 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expect his Pay cheque is good though?
Jambo

14th Apr 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate works longer hours than that gets paid £19k a year :Z
charcoalgrill

14th Apr 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by Xs
Sadly I am in construction, proper surveying none of this building sureveying nonsense. However its within private housing and I can't be arsed with all the contract law involved in working for one of the big boys so fancy something in oil and gas. Like arranging who goes on choppers and when, I believe that is a job.

I love the construction industry for this reason.

Surveyors hate building surveyors.
Building surveyors hate surveyors.
All surveyors hate architects and all architects hate surveyors.

What a wonderful profession

I dont understand "proper surveying" a Building Surveyor is a proper surveyor... If you are referring to a general practice surveyor- who deals with leases?

Part of a Building Surveyors role could include project management. Which IMO has more money involved.

I have friends who call themselves surveyors- but when asked what the problem on a house is, they couldnt tell you.. its a joke!
SetH

14th Apr 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its like Cashiers or customer services people that work in a bank and tell people that they are a "Banker"
3CorsaMeal

14th Apr 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you do when Surveying a building
SetH

14th Apr 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You walk around and pretend you know what your looking at, tick a few boxes then send an invoice for 15k to someone i think.
Xs

14th Apr 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
You walk around and pretend you know what your looking at, tick a few boxes then send an invoice for 15k to someone i think.

Yes

And to answer the question above about proper surveying, a QS will deal with a project from the ground up including the design and building stages of a project, therefore more knowledge is needed. A building surveyor does what Seth says
3CorsaMeal

14th Apr 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i turn planning drawings into a timber frame then run off when all the problems arise
spencer88

14th Apr 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:

Yes

And to answer the question above about proper surveying, a QS will deal with a project from the ground up including the design and building stages of a project, therefore more knowledge is needed. A building surveyor does what Seth says

Really?

Our QS sends us a bill of quantities and then fucks off
Mad Moe

15th Apr 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when studying for my QS degree one of our Lecturers saying that Building Surveyors were the ones who couldn't handle the QS degree
Mad Moe

15th Apr 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:

Yes

Really?

Our QS sends us a bill of quantities and then fucks off

When I was at Carillion we had a QS who done nothing but take off quantities all day every, I'd be suicidal doing that job! However in most cases the QS and the Contracts Manager/Project Engineer would generally administer and manage the contract between them.
Xs

15th Apr 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
When I was at Carillion we had a QS who done nothing but take off quantities all day every, I'd be suicidal doing that job!

When I started that was all I did, was fucking terrible.
charcoalgrill

15th Apr 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
I remember when studying for my QS degree one of our Lecturers saying that Building Surveyors were the ones who couldn't handle the QS degree

Get back to your brick counting!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any project managers on here? 22 database queries in 0.0114510 seconds