corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The police...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The police...
Cavey

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, 90% of experiences with cops are to do with you being in the wrong, or accused of being in the wrong, so of course people are going to think they're dicks.

I had a police car follow me on a dual carriageway, he cut someone up, moved lanes without indicating. Then when I changed lane without indicating, followed me and pulled me for it. I explained to him I had seen him do the same thing, and worse as he cut someone up, he said "That guy knew I was going to go in front of him" ... he then asked me not to do it again and let me on my way. Had his matey in the car checking plates etc... still though

On the other side had a couple of incidents which went well, first, my MOT was up by a couple of months, I took my missus to work and get ANPR'd, pulled me over, I claimed I didn't know, and he let me off with a warning which was very lucky, could of been much much worse!

Secondly, my missus got attacked walking home from work one night, and I thought the police were fantastic in dealing with the whole situation
Welsh Dan

23rd Jun 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm under no illusions that there aren't some arsey coppers. The vast majority certainly aren't though and as Cavey said, you'll most of the time only meet them when either something terrible has happened to you, or you're perhaps doing something you shouldn't be. And if you end up dealing with half the stuff that they deal with day in, day out, perhaps you'd understand why. And don't say "well, they chose to do the job, they should do it." I'm sure that most didn't sign up to be glorified social workers dealing with Jeremy Kyle pondlife that can't sort their own problems out.

And its all very well about people being graduates, but its not necessarily the graduates that make the better officers. Personally, i've found that people that join a bit later in life or have some experience are better at dealing with people.

And Ed, your story sounds like theres far more to it than you know, or are at least telling us.
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont personally give a shit what they deal with? they DID sign up for that job knowing what it involves and i dotn expect to be treated like a cunt because of some other problems unrelated to me they have been dealing with. simple as that.

in my job if i took my mood out on all customers from having one bad morning i would be fired.
Welsh Dan

23rd Jun 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, I knew that someone would read that and twist what i'd said. I was more referring to the fact that people naturally lie/make up stuff to the Police, meaning that unfortunately they're more critical of what someone is telling them. And does your bad day at work including telling someone that their loved one isn't coming home thanks to some drink driver, or some other accident? If not, then STFU.

If you've been treated in a particular way, i'd imagine that 99% of the time its because you've acted likewise.

[Edited on 23-06-2011 by Welsh Dan]
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not really typical police response that
Welsh Dan

23rd Jun 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've edited it slightly, to make it clearer. But meh, piss and moan as you do, you'll still call them when you need them, and they'll do their best to help you even when you slag them off.

nathy_87

23rd Jun 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really Welsh_Dan. When I got pulled over by PCSO's (admitingly I was driving like a dick), the proper police arrived and asked me all sort of questions he breathlised me (and i passed it), and was asking why my number plates were illegall spced (they wern't to my knowledge, that's how i reeived them from halfords), adn i kept saying they were done by Halfords but he said i was lying becuase halfords make their logos all transparent, so he did a full check on my car and 'got me for a defective tyre, which i didn't know about so the twat gave me 3points and £60 fine. But he was being a right power tripping twat!
John

23rd Jun 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
I've edited it slightly, to make it clearer. But meh, piss and moan as you do, you'll still call them when you need them, and they'll do their best to help you even when you slag them off.

When you really need then they come 2 days later so I wouldn't bother phoning tbh.
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fact of the matter is i have been fined before for "not weating a seatbelt" , i genuinely was wearing it but the police officer "saw me" not wearing it, wouldnt listen to what i had to say, said if i was not happy i would have to argue it in court and it would be my word against his.

GREAT mentality that, really good they enforce this and give no evidence or anything. complete fucking waste of space. Yes also when i had a grands worth if car audio equipment nicked out my car it took them 2 days to come out and take fingerprints, lucky it rained the night before so all evidence probably washed away

yet when one of my family members pulled over for a police car with blues and sirens on on to a job and the police car hit them stationary the police passed all the blame off onto them and admitted no liability? complete bunch of cunts, IMO of course.
A2H GO

23rd Jun 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Not really Welsh_Dan. When I got pulled over by PCSO's (admitingly I was driving like a dick), the proper police arrived and asked me all sort of questions he breathlised me (and i passed it), and was asking why my number plates were illegall spced (they wern't to my knowledge, that's how i reeived them from halfords), adn i kept saying they were done by Halfords but he said i was lying becuase halfords make their logos all transparent, so he did a full check on my car and 'got me for a defective tyre, which i didn't know about so the twat gave me 3points and £60 fine. But he was being a right power tripping twat!

Admiting to driving like an idiot with a defective tyre and illegally spaced plates yet the police are the 'twats', would you like to retract that post?
Welsh Dan

23rd Jun 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nathy - You've admitted that you were driving like a dick. Obviously it goes without saying that a few checks will be made before you can drive off.

As said, i'm sure that there are coppers that probably shouldn't be. A minority though. Its not for me to comment on why you may or may not have got a ticket for something. Not knowing though about a defect such as a tyre isn't really a defence. I appreciate it seems a bit harsh, but its not as if its one of the things that is hard to check and given its a safety thing. I'd have probably argued the numberplate thing, but it doesn't look like he took any action anyway.

Barnshaw - If they had no evidence, you could have argued it in court. Its not as if you aren't given options. Not great ones, but you do have them. And trust me, the courts don't automatically believe the Police and take their word for it.

With regards to taking two days to come out, whilst it is important to you, perhaps they had other things to deal with. At the end of the day, whilst your stuff has been stolen, no one is in danger and so its perhaps not as vital as dealing with someone being robbed or a call where the burglars are still on the property. I can't speak for your local lot, but sometimes there just aren't enough PCs to deal with everything immediately. Thats not the PCs fault, the problems are further up the line.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not the PCs fault, the problems are further up the line.

This.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the policewoman that took a statement when the post office opposite got robbed was fit, and the one that took a statement when my wheels got stolen was a milf

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rodney King learnt the hard way.
Nath

23rd Jun 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That sounds like a made up story Edd.

DJMartin07

23rd Jun 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From my experience's, the police treat you how you act towards them first, so if you come across as a twat to them, then they treat you the same way cos you deserve it then imho. I've never had any trouble from the police, only once and that was because it annoyed me (got called for a witness statement at station just as I got home for a friends assult which he was arrested for, for fighting back, 30 min drive home, then had to drive the 30 min trip back and got told that it had been dropped and I wasn't needed. It was 12:30am and I had work the next morning too, so I had a go at the desk sergant, my fault for acting like a knob.) The rest of the time, it's been simple pull over, few questions, look around the car, have a chat and then on my way cos I just acted like they're a normal person (which they are, and they're just doing there job, which can be very tough at times). So it al depends how you act like towards them in the end.
Bobber123

23rd Jun 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its funny when people say coppers are cunts.. wait till you need help of some sort and its only a copper there to help... will you refuse it, or if your car has been nicked and they find the people that did it etc etc, are they still cunts?
N3CRO

23rd Jun 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
From my experience's, the police treat you how you act towards them first, so if you come across as a twat to them, then they treat you the same way cos you deserve it then imho. I've never had any trouble from the police, only once and that was because it annoyed me (got called for a witness statement at station just as I got home for a friends assult which he was arrested for, for fighting back, 30 min drive home, then had to drive the 30 min trip back and got told that it had been dropped and I wasn't needed. It was 12:30am and I had work the next morning too, so I had a go at the desk sergant, my fault for acting like a knob.) The rest of the time, it's been simple pull over, few questions, look around the car, have a chat and then on my way cos I just acted like they're a normal person (which they are, and they're just doing there job, which can be very tough at times). So it al depends how you act like towards them in the end.

In my experience, this is bollocks. Even if you're ok with them, doesn't mean they're ok with you. Simples.
Some ppls are dicks and if they wanna treat you like a cunt, they will, doesn't matter what position they're in.

quote:
Originally posted by Bobber123
i think its funny when people say coppers are cunts.. wait till you need help of some sort and its only a copper there to help... will you refuse it, or if your car has been nicked and they find the people that did it etc etc, are they still cunts?

And this ^

[Edited on 23-06-2011 by TheNobleOne]
Hammer

23rd Jun 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have more faith in myself and my family and friends getting me out a sticky spot than the police personally. If there was a guy trying to rob my house for example my first thought wouldn't be to phone the police.

I've not had much experience with them but the ones I have, have been power-tripping insecure tossers almost to a man.

As in every walk of life though I'm sure there's plenty decent people that are in the police force.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only met one or two decent coppers. Most have been complete wankers tbh. No Policeman on the internet, in another Country, will make me think otherwise.
Dr Pepper

24th Jun 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It is there fucking job - we do pay their wages ...they are not saints.

By the way - you clearly have never had a car stolen .... the idea that the police would give two shits about trying to find it or prosecute the thief is quite frankly laughable in my experiance

Gary
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

By the way - you clearly have never had a car stolen .... the idea that the police would give two shits about trying to find it or prosecute the thief is quite frankly laughable in my experiance

A stolen car is low on the list. Thier time is better used elsewhere.

This is the gvmts fault. If we had more bobbies then they could deal with the smaller things better.

Red tape and H&S have fucked the whole thing up. Folk dont get arrested for been cunts on a night out etc because it takes them ages to book them in at the station, thus the town centre been down a couple of coppers for an hour or 2.

Remove the red tape. Put a big cage in the town center. fill it up will arseholes. Release on sunday night. Sorted.
Dr Pepper

24th Jun 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

A stolen car is low on the list. Thier time is better used elsewhere.

This is the gvmts fault. If we had more bobbies then they could deal with the smaller things better.

Red tape and H&S have fucked the whole thing up. Folk dont get arrested for been cunts on a night out etc because it takes them ages to book them in at the station, thus the town centre been down a couple of coppers for an hour or 2.

Remove the red tape. Put a big cage in the town center. fill it up will arseholes. Release on sunday night. Sorted.

I take it you work in the police force, or in the justice department? - since you know so much about it ..... or maybe you have just researched this subject thoroughly.

Was it different in the 1960's then ?- when bobbies were on the beat and could give people a hiding? Before there were lots of students or people on the dole? Was it even any different in 1860?

Think you will find town centres have always been violent at night - and they always will be.....one simple reason - people will always drink alcohol - and alcohol is a drug which results in violent and obnoxious behaviour and a loss of control. Do what ever you want to the police, beat as many people as you want up - wont change the fact that alcohol is a killer drug which causes violence that as a country we consume in massive amounts. Put drunk people together - you will get trouble ... you cant police it, and you cant beat it out of people .... its a chemical which is altering their behaviour - some people can handle it, some cant. Go around the globe - it isnt any different ... any place where people consume large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time will have an element of violent and obnoxious behaviour - it isnt down to red tape in the police force, or students, or benefits .. its purely one of the effects of alcohol as a drug

Maybe we should ban alcohol adverts before we start beating people up - its pretty obvious why drink companies spend millions on pitching their products to 12-25 year old males ... it makes us drink loads more as a country - the results are always going to be the same - and have been the same for hundreds of years. It doesnt help that companies like wkd and fosters have made it seem cool to 13 year old males to act like a fucking nob head.

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Shell
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Meh, I knew that someone would read that and twist what i'd said. I was more referring to the fact that people naturally lie/make up stuff to the Police, meaning that unfortunately they're more critical of what someone is telling them. And does your bad day at work including telling someone that their loved one isn't coming home thanks to some drink driver, or some other accident? If not, then STFU.

If you've been treated in a particular way, i'd imagine that 99% of the time its because you've acted likewise.

I can see and witness some horrendous stuff at work that really really throws you. But that is the nature of the beast and you cannot go around taking that out on others and treating people in anything less than a professional manner. So whilst i understand your point and see what youre getting at, It's irrelevant if you are doing your job properly.
nathy_87

24th Jun 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87

Admiting to driving like an idiot with a defective tyre and illegally spaced plates yet the police are the 'twats', would you like to retract that post?

No I wouldnt as I didn't Know my plates were illegally spaced (as I bought them from halfrods so i expect them to be legit nor did I know I had a "defective tyre".

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by nathy_87]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The police... 23 database queries in 0.0182290 seconds