corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traders / Speculative sales / business selling things - feedback please.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Traders / Speculative sales / business selling things - feedback please.
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jul 11 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly that. They don't really wander into GC and plug their business/offers to everyone. They've built up their reputation for quality, and people go to them, not the other way around!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Jul 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thinking if Spray Shack says to me 'Rich, Tom, Warren etc can do it, when can I?'

It's a legitimate question with a vague answer.
Ben G

13th Jul 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when he earns the respect of cs and actually stays here for a while before plugging his business.

afaik tom, rich, warren etc didn't just come straight on here touting for business, they actually had corsas hence the reason for joining.

spray shack only joined to make money from his business.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vague.
Ben G

13th Jul 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pardon
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
when he earns the respect of cs
Its a vague riddle.

[Edited on 13-07-2011 by Ian]
Ben G

13th Jul 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the 2nd line isn't vague. does spray shack own a corsa? if not, why did he join up?

all 3 current cs ''traders'' in question owned corsas which is why they signed up.

coming on here and using your first post as a for sale advert is not only taking the piss but a blatant disregard for the rules on selling things.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that - I'm agreeing with you.

I also don't think that's sufficient an answer because shortly after it's delivered the next question will be if I can't post now, when can I post.

Not sure stipulating ownership of a Corsa is the way to go.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My answer would be; When you get involved with the site. Doesn't mean he has to spend years and years before he can post, but maybe go to a couple of events and take part? You have the CS jumble thing coming up soon don't you? Could get involved with that.
Jake

13th Jul 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

earning the trust of the members is the first stp to trading on here. correct me if i'm wrong but no one knows spray shack from a bar of soap
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Earn respect and get involved.

How is that measured? I agree with it all, I just don't think it's any basis on which to make a policy or any decisions.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure what you mean when you keep saying rich et al, are allowed to do something.

they arent doing anything are they iv not seen any advert threads made on the forum anyway, i think this is what should not be allowed.

if spray shack joined up, and posted some general advice in threads, or said where applicable, drop me a line and il give you a quote, thats not a problem

no straight up raw advertising, that applies to everyone, reputation and all
Jake

13th Jul 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok. simple policy. dont open an account on here soley to advertise/sell.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple policy should be, no advert threads

that wont affect the oldies at all, newbies traders can go about exactly as the oldies can no harm in that imo
Jake

13th Jul 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but like ian said new members advertising could potentially create alot of work for him if it all goes tits up
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spray shack runs a business he doesn't want to have to go to a NWNW meet to be allowed to sell, he wants to be able to pay Ian 400 and sell all he wants the latter is far more useful to the site and far more attainable.

Don't get me wrong I love the work Rich does and I love to read his write ups but that's a blatant plug for his business as well. Does he deserve to do so possibly but then switch him onto another forum and he wouldn't have to expect to take a huge interest in clios for an example to have to sell.

Imo get traders on the site which will bring money in, allow people to purchase from reputable people and the discount they want. That would be far more useful to me personally.

My main concern would be the speed if you have large gifs etc on a page. One reason why I come on here is the speed
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
simple policy should be, no advert threads

that wont affect the oldies at all, newbies traders can go about exactly as the oldies can no harm in that imo

But keeping them in one place and regulating then would be just as easy as it is now.
Jake

13th Jul 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for 400 notes he would want an advert and corsasport dont want to turn into passionford in that respect
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to me the solution is easy, no blatant advert threads.

write ups on your work are ok, as are comments in peoples threads saying you could do something for them.

easy enough to manage imo
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever happens there will be no blatent adverts.

I just want clarity for everyone involved and if CS can take cash that people are offering all the better.

If we're faffing about with tax returns we may as well do it for proper money.

Prem is down from 600 to 380 so we need to do something, it's not sustainable to do more shows with fewer members otherwise.

Plus I like Rich a lot, he's a valuable member but when he came to PVS it was to work, I personally gave him £20 to clean the two VXRs that turned up. I know he probably used kangaroo mucas and sponges of varying size and density but it was business nonetheless.

I wouldn't expect him to join in CS as actively as other people who are less busy. As I said pages ago - businesses who get bigger and successful generally end up spending less time on the internet anyway.

[Edited on 13-07-2011 by Ian]
lisac

13th Jul 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should have a seperate area for traders who just trade, but have the clause they must offer discount to CS premium members and charge for it as its going to be a lot of work for you and extra revenue can only help (also a bit of discount will encourage more premium members). Before anyone says i am not a member i am aware of that but really considering it at the moment.
For example spray shack just came on for business, so he can only post in the one section.
They cant post in general chat forum, or items for sale etc if they were serious about being involved with cs they would accept.

That way people know where to go if they are looking for something particular ie re-spray but its not in your face.

With the respect of trust and building up relationships, yeah i agree they should go to events and help out. Know the members rather than the names. And to get off the traders section set up a u2u as you do with events where people vote if they want to see them in general chat - put a target to reach of say 50 votes 1 per person - when they build up a reputation such a Rich, and Tom then members dont mind seeing the 'plug' so to speak
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plugs could also go in sigs, which if people are active would drive traffic to the trade forum.

It's not massive amounts of work so long as things go well, I just don't want to do it for free knowing that it has caused us hassle in the past.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either way, no banners plz
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 11 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was never on the table.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traders / Speculative sales / business selling things - feedback please. 22 database queries in 0.4426842 seconds