corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Debate on this - Rover falls off and collects Civic on the way back on

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Debate on this - Rover falls off and collects Civic on the way back on
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Aug 11 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what happens when people buy stuff on finance, no appreciation for it.

id probably be more gutted about stacking my shitter puma as iv pretty much hand built it, then something that cost k's more that id got on the drip, no work involved
Graham88

8th Aug 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
that guy with the audi must be fucking nuts, a total tit thats a properly expensive car , and to go lashing round a track, is daft.
my corsa am building will stand me about 3k when am done. but thats cos ive went abit daft. if i crash that it will cost fuck all to fix or just break compared to that audi, i hope is wife gave him loads and loads of shit for that.

What kind of way is that to look at it

So let me get this right, you think everyone should buy Corsas/Saxos/106's etc cheap cars and track them and nothing worth any decent amount of money?

Come on, do you not think that sounds ridiculous? Just because he wrote off an RS4 doesn't mean it's on finance or he's struggling, he might go buy a new one straight away? Jesus
Alex_Rally

8th Aug 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if he has the money to just chuck away then yer thats not a problem, im just saying its stupid to do it with your only daily driver .
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
It's the rovers fault even if the civic could have avioded it.

civic wasnt going to crash if the rover wasnt there
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rover wouldn't have crashed if the Civic wasn't there either.

After avoiding a spinning VX220 on that same corner at TVL the other week, I know that it would be possible for me to avoid any form of contact in that scenario (as the Civic driver) by playing it safe and slowing down just in case. End of the day, the Civic had the choice to take evasive action or continue as of nothing was happening, he wrongly chose the latter which probably cost him.

When you're on track, you've got to assume that any damage to your car will be repaired at your own cost, so playing it safe and slowing down is often beneficial.

[Edited on 08-08-2011 by Mike B]
spikedjack

8th Aug 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rovers fault, from the position of the civic, i'd have interperated the rover to stay on the grass rather than rejoin so quickly
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the civic had tboned the rover then it would be different,
the civic tried to get out of the way,

the rover lost control not the civic as it made the corner
Mike
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not disputing the fact that the Rover got it wrong, that's a given. The Civic 'tried to get out of the way' by adjusting his steering angle by about 20 degrees, no sign of brake lights even though he'd obviously seen the Rover heading towards him as he'd started to steer away from it.

I'm not trying to say it's completely the Civic driver's fault as obviously there's an out of control Rover flying about but from my experience, the Civic driver could've done far more to avoid it and wouldn't have ended up with a repair bill. The Rover took a chance and lost out, he could've got lucky but that day, he didn't.

Both parties could have avoided an accident, neither did, 50/50.
Eddx14xe

8th Aug 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand how because the civic could of done more to aviod it, means he is also at fault? The Rover is the one that lost control and went into the civic, so it's his fault.

Just because the Civic could of avioded it doesn't mean he is at fault at all. When i was driving along a dual carriageway a while ago a car pulled out on me. I managed to swerve around it, but your saying if i hit him because it i didn't swerve/react quicker/more etc. Then it would of been my fault? NO, it would of been the other cars fault for pulling out infront of me.
mattk

8th Aug 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im no expert cause Ive only been on track a few times but I think Id have avoided that colision

I tend not to overtake unless Im waved by, I then know that Ive been seen and the car infront is aware Im there, I dont really drive any different than if Im fast road driving.

no way would I have still been trying untill that rover was either in the barrier and stopped or till it was over the track and in the grass
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how was he to know the rover would come back side ways he probably expected it to stay straight, ad in the dust cloud to distract him more, by the time he realised he was coming across track braking wouldnt have realy helped

just re watched no dust cloud but rover did seem to stay straight untill sticking one wheel on the track

[Edited on 08-08-2011 by tom130691]
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Aug 11 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm suggesting the Civic is at fault - I just think he could have done more to avoid it.

That's not the same thing.

No brake lights - he looks to have kept the boot in - he was able to tighten the line which means he had grip - avoidable as far as I see it.

Not a question of fault, more just not crashing.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Aug 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
how was he to know the rover would come back side ways he probably expected it to stay straight
That's my point - he didn't know where the Rover was going to end up so he assumed it was safe to pass.
mattk

8th Aug 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is why I wouldnt have passed, Id have done everything I could to not go past that rover.

if you where on the motorway and a car had a bit of an off at the side of you Id bet you wouldnt try to scoot past it
Mike
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A car pulling out on you is a sudden thing, you don't have long to react, the Civic had time to come to a complete stop before the Rover even got back on the tarmac (not that there was a need too), it wasn't a sudden thing, there was 5 seconds between the Rover being obviously off line (from the video), and the actual contact. That's plenty of time to slow down and give the Rover some space as grass can be quite an unpredictable surface to drive/slide out of control on.

Put it this way, if I was driving the Civic and made the same mistake, I'd be calling myself a dick for damaging my car unnecessarily.
Ash_EP3

8th Aug 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the driver of the Rover loses control and swerves across the race track and hits the civic and it's the civic's fault!? That's like saying oh well if I had driven onto the pavement the car behind wouldn't have rear ended me
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Aug 11 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's not, it's like saying he should have seen it unfold and not still tried to pass.
antnee

8th Aug 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People seem to be forgetting a major factor, track position. Rover is infront therefore is 'less to blame'
Ash_EP3

8th Aug 11 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact remains the Rover driver is at fault, he's the one who lost control and crashed into the civic...
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Aug 11 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, never in dispute. But pointing the finger doesn't fix the car.

It's not about blame for me, it's about perception and driving in a way that means you don't come home with a big bill.
Mike
Premium Member

9th Aug 11 at 00:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
The fact remains the Rover driver is at fault, he's the one who lost control and crashed into the civic...

The same Civic who's driver chose to overtake an out of control car. Bad perception which put him in the firing line, had he not put himself in the firing line, he wouldn't have been hit.
tom130691
Premium Member

9th Aug 11 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

The same Civic who's driver chose to overtake an out of control car. Bad perception which put him in the firing line, had he not put himself in the firing line, he wouldn't have been hit.

if he stopped hard, he may have lost control himself or been rear ended causing i pile up

i think he took the best option get past and out of the way
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Aug 11 at 03:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He may have lost control, but he's more likely to have slowed sufficiently to assess it properly.
Eddx14xe

9th Aug 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also tbe Rover was completely off the track. It wasnt until the Civic was going past that the Rover swerved back onto the track and crashed into him.
antnee

9th Aug 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one is saying the civic should be 100% on the brakes, he's got enough grip to let off and apply a little brakes, he would of slowed enough

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Debate on this - Rover falls off and collects Civic on the way back on 22 database queries in 0.0169940 seconds