corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Couch to 10k..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couch to 10k..
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
14th Sep 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Once ive done this training plan and can run 5k without stopping etc, ill get on the road and use endmondo i think.

At the min though, i just need to get myself fitter, so im not running like a spaz sweating my nuts off 2 mins after i leave the house.

Once you can accept that you are a fat unhealthy sweaty spaz 2 mins after you leave the house you might start getting somewhere!

Stop worrying about what others think and do it man. You'll be amazed how fast you get your fitness up if you stop worrying and start doing..

I'm 5'7" and weight about 14 and a half stone and I think I'm classed as clinically obese but I can still out run, bike, swim, hike all my clever cunt mates at work because I go out and do what they all just talk about.

Your starting to sound like a book of excuses!
Dan
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not excuses. It's a self confidence issue.

I want to run outside more than you can imagine.

I'm 5th 10 and 15 and a half ish stone. Also clinically obese lol

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Kippers

14th Sep 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Runnign outside is so much better than on treadmill... its nice running and getting to somewhere and then running back.

Any joy finding trainers?

I did look while i was out at lunch but £35 isnt a great budget for proper shoes.
richardworrall
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be lucky if you get anything for that price that wont give you grief and pains. Proper shoes for your gait should be in the reqion of £50 to £80 for good quality shoes.
Dan
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes a bit of a trainer update. Redid a wet test and discovered I have normal feet.

Bought a pair of adidas fly by runner 14s. For 35. But they are too small in a 10 and the 11 was too big. So taking them back tomorrow. Any suggestions on normal feet trainers

richardworrall
Premium Member

14th Sep 11 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll keep saying it. Running shoes are a personal choice. There's no point going off other peoples suggestions as all running styles are different. Find a proper running shop and use their treadmill.
John

15th Sep 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite happy with my Asics and Nike's.

Don't know what Asics, some gel ones.

Nike's are Pegasus+ 27, really comfortable.
Jimbothebarbarian

15th Sep 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saucony omni 8. Got them for cheap from sports direct. Fucking comfy as fook and proper light. But then again as they're my first proper running shoes they might be total shite and I wouldn't have a clue!
Dan
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been out this morning to exchange my adidas fly by runners.

Tried a few on in the £50ish price range. Settled on the nike pegasus+ 28s

Reduced from £74.99 to £52

They come nike plus ready, but it looks like you need another £20 purchase for it. So when i get out on the road i am going to stick to endomondo.

Dan
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done the last session of week 2 in the new trainers.

Made a HUGE difference. I felt 100x more stable and was able to run without holding on now and again, where as before i was all over the place.

Legs barely ached, and usually this week on the last couple of run parts of the sessions ive been clock watching, wishing it to hurry up, today i was thinking i could do more. Obviously i didnt, as i want to stick to the plan exactly.

Chuffed as hell! Would never have run like i did today two weeks ago.

Only thing i found with the trainers, is the left foot, arch support seems to be poking my arch slightly. Fine on the right foot, comfy as hell. Hoping they just need bedding in a bit, as they are so so comfy.

[Edited on 16-09-2011 by Dan]

Kippers

16th Sep 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking great mate!

No get out and log some proper miles on Endomondo!
Dan
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting there kipper. Wanna stick this couch to 5k out though, Its only 9 weeks.

Lost 8lb since i started as well!

Kippers

18th Sep 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet matey!

What sort of distances you doing at mo?
Dan
Premium Member

18th Sep 11 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been about 1.65km. Thats 30mins, 5min warm up, 20mins of 90 sec jog, 2mins walking, then a 5min cool down.

Isnt very far for the time, but its a gradual program, lasting 9 weeks.

This week its 28 mins, 5mins warm up then do this twice, 90 sec run, 90 sec walk, 3min run, 3min walk. Followed by 5min cool down

Kippers

22nd Sep 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the perfect trainers for me....£115 tho
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck about, but you make use of them, so probably worth it.

Im about to take on the final day of week 3.

Doing ok with it still. Getting alot less pain in my legs when i run now.Still some, but its easing.

Next week is gonna kill me though.

It ups the running to 2 x 5mins, and 2 x 3mins, which is a MASSIVE step up from this week imo.

Who knows, might be fine like i was this week.

Dan
Premium Member

26th Sep 11 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, week 4 day 1 is complete.

Didnt go as bad as expected tbh. Last week, the last 3min runs were killing me, so wasnt expecting to complete the 5min runs at all.

This week its all 3 min run, 90sec walk, 5min run, 2.5min walk, 3 min run, 90 sec walk, 5min run.

Thats a total of 16mins running, compared to last weeks 9mins.

I managed all of it, except the last 5min run, i only could do 3mins.

Pretty chuffed. After reading the stats on endomondo (ive been adding them manually after workouts)

My avg mile/time has dropped about 2mins, down to 16mins. Probably doesnt mean much to you serious runners, but getting there slowly. Feel 1000x better for it all.

Kippers

27th Sep 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done matey!

It gets easier to more you do! I was running 8 min miles to begin with and being almost dead after a mile!
Dan
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Day 2 done, Managed the entire workout, with alot less pain in my legs/ankles etc. Had to slow the pace down half a mile/hr.

Well happy with that.

richardworrall
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got accepted today for London Marathon, time to up the mileage i think.
Dan
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one. Fuck that though!

I'd love to do it to say I have. But not sure I could dedicate myself to training for it ever.

Cavey

29th Sep 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got my mens health 10(well 12)k in 8 days, done nothing for it so far and i've got manflu at the moment, which isn't going to help if I did want to do at least a little bit now!

Played an hour and 40 mins of 5-a-side yesterday though and felt fine. Was planning on fri,mon,wed for at least 3 sessions just to see whether i am actually going to die or not.

Only need to get a 5k together in 1 go and i'll be sorted, pretty sure I can manage that. I walk about 5k an hour anyway, so at worst it'll take me 1:45ish i'd imagine
Kippers

29th Sep 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hour and 45 mins to do 12 k?
Cavey

30th Sep 11 at 05:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously i'm aiming far lower, but after zero practise i'm a little bit pesimistic about it. It's got obstacles etc... As well during the course, finishes running up snd down the steps at the city ground and then climbing a big wall when you're nackered!
Jimbothebarbarian

30th Sep 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
just got accepted today for London Marathon, time to up the mileage i think.

Fucking fair play!

I've got my first half in two days and to say I'm shitting it would be an under statement if I can do it in under three hours I'll be a happy boy..

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Couch to 10k.. 24 database queries in 0.0172870 seconds