corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » big elite crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author big elite crash
Ojc

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STFU

If you haven't been you haven't a clue.

UK Trackdays are embroided in rules and regulations and are shite in comparison.

This kind of thing above could be avoided but if they start putting the rules in thats when it looses it appeal.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree that if you havent been then commenting that its rubbish seems daft. I can see reason in some of AK's comment though i think if he went he qould equally love it, even if there was just the holiday aspect of it.

Comments from people that have been a big fat zero times, about others that have actually been are also equally as laughable and if im being honest ring an air of jealousy about them.

If you have been, even once then of course you are in a position to talk about the place
John

3rd Oct 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the people on here who bleat on about it would put me off going, I'm sure it's great otherwise.
lee303

3rd Oct 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by lee303
quote:
Originally posted by John
The ring was much better before the noobs started going.

2 years ago when I went the first of the 3 times I've been.

before clarkson first went, it was amazingly quiet most times i went, you would always get a space in the tarmac car park, no queuing to get on, that sort of thing, literally the next summer after the Tg thing aired, they had to install more gates to do follow on laps as the queue to get off the track stretched back past the ‘gantry’ and it was like 8 euros a lap...

Those were the days early 2000's.

Much better then it is now.

But I still wont stop going there despite the numerous inccidents etc, even if it does take 8 years between visits. There just isn't any place like it in this country and despite how good the tracks and the track days are in this country. I have done over 40 + track days at about 10 different venues accross the country and nothing compares.

Despite the idiots!

you knows it
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Oct 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
UK Trackdays are embroided in rules and regulations and are shite in comparison.
Really?

I thought having a price list for downtime and repairs looks pretty much like some rules that you need to follow.

I've never felt overly restricted by anything I've had to adhere to at a UK track. Overtake in the correct places and don't spill stuff, and watch the flags. That's hardly an invoice for crash barriers that costs me more than sofas.

Plus it's a highway which means my car would be no good. More rules there, I got on UK tracks without tests for legality, prerequisites on spec etc.
Ojc

3rd Oct 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok only one rule = EXPENSIVE
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Oct 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can some1 please explain why this appeals to them so much??

Is it because it gives you the bragging rights to say that you have been, which automatically makes it the best place on earth no matter what any1 else says. Or what the above accidents point out.

Imo, i think the people who have been, will always stick to the opinion that its like no where else, purely because they don't want to be shot down for saying its not all its cracked up to be. Could say it gives them a boner to be in the elite crew.

Just to mention, i am no track god/driver/eliteist, but i too just can't see the appeal when all you hear and see is people crashing.

I bet the autobhan dosn't even have such a high crash rate.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh the fact its expensive makes, me anyway, drive even more carefully then i would at a uk track. Im more fearful of crashing there then i am in the uk
sc0ott

3rd Oct 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What mpg were you achieving around the ring?
3CorsaMeal

3rd Oct 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i imagine with the massive straights that a car with 570bhp will be quite a bit faster per lap than one with 300bhp
Nath

3rd Oct 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
All the people on here who bleat on about it would put me off going, I'm sure it's great otherwise.

Adam-D

3rd Oct 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vid wont work
sc0ott

3rd Oct 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
vid wont work

Keeps crashing
Paul_J

3rd Oct 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
i just dont get it....

Why on earth do folk travel so far and pay so much to do tracktime with bikes/vans/buses/roadworks

We have world class tracks in the UK with proper rules, and safer conditions.... use them

the nurburgring is not just about being on track. That's maybe 1/5th of the experience.

I personally find full track days in the UK expensive and boring. You get up early in the morning, drive up to the track, sign on etc, go out on track open pitlane and by lunchtime you've pretty much had enough of that track and want to go home... You then drive home knackered at the end of the day and have to replace the tyres / brakes you destroyed during the day.

In comparison to the Nurburgring, which is like a holiday... no it's just 'an experience' ... The whole area is a beautiful mecca for car lovers. Whether you're sitting in a restaurant or taking a walk around the area, everyone has a passion for cars / motorsport.

Then when you do go out on track at nurburgring it's a genuinely heart in your mouth experience. Unlike a track day where if you make a mistake on a lap you just get a bad laptime and try again, at the nurburgring you have to wait AGES to get another lap and if you get it really wrong you end up having an accident. The track, e.g. the layout etc is just great fun too... loads of sweeping fast bends requiring balls to keep on the throttle. Also finally it's not that heavy on tyres / brakes, e.g. compared to a track day so you don't need to replace a set of tyres after a few laps!

Ultimately, until you go - you can't really comment on it. However, I used to love the atmosphere in the evenings eating at the restaurants or having a drink in the bars in the warm continental summer almost more than going around the track. There was always someone with a story to be heard.

To be fair, I haven't been back for a few years - and partially this is down to the fact it got ultra busy / mainstream - plus the people I were going with seemed to do less of the going out for meals / few drinks in evenings (and instead more of an early to bed for an early start on track attitude... )

I can imagine you actually liking it AK, well that's assuming you actually mixed with locals and went out and didn't just think it was a one off, drive to the track, do a lap, go home affair like a track day.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roll on next may you shitcunts
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we need a fucking everyone going. Paul J, Ian, AK every fucker with an interest going next summer Imo
Paul_J

3rd Oct 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think people who haven't been miss the point majorly. They think it's about going and doing a lap.

I know people who've got to the nurburgring and not done a single lap and had a fantastic time.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jr
sc0ott

3rd Oct 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On forza 2 and 3 i always chose the nurburgring to test my cars and their tuning setups. I seem to start off good but when i crash i lose interest and turn my xbox off.
Paul_J

3rd Oct 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
we need a fucking everyone going. Paul J, Ian, AK every fucker with an interest going next summer Imo

Definitely mate. I just need a car to drive round. I'll figure something out though. If my passport hadn't of expired I would've gone as a passenger with Willay etc recently.

Question is, do CS people actually go and have meals and relax in the town, or do they scurry off back to their mansion house early to get plenty of sleep like boring old men.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ak would be good for going out imo, ian would probs too, cant comment on you because you are a cunt
John

3rd Oct 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i imagine with the massive straights that a car with 570bhp will be quite a bit faster per lap than one with 300bhp

Can't tell without a graph.
sand-eel

3rd Oct 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The FACKING video is private now.
gez bay

3rd Oct 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going there is on my 'to do' list
as above, the whole place around the track looks amazing
smcGSI16V

3rd Oct 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Jr

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » big elite crash 22 database queries in 0.0139990 seconds