corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My rolling road results

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My rolling road results
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Nov 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It was Russ who told me beforehand that it's the rollers that are making big losses! That's what I was saying to everyone anyway. I'm happy with how my car runs, and I'm glad I got a benchmark!

That would suggest the software they are using is not calibrated for the rollers so cant even be sure if the WBHP is accurate then.

Not saying he doesnt know what hes saying or what hes doing as i have seen a hell of a lot more adjustment due to 'Transmission Loss'
Eck
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgive me for trusting one of the most renowned guys around from someone on the internet. Like I said, I'll have to find out exactly what he meant.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the same place that you went to last year when Nic and I came up? May give an explaination for my 50bhp atw
Ben G

21st Nov 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Forgive me for trusting one of the most renowned guys around from someone on the internet. Like I said, I'll have to find out exactly what he meant.

whilst i agree wirh you, the guy isnt going to turn around and say his dyno which cost thousands is a piece of shit and youve all wasted your money is he
big eck

21st Nov 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you knew who he was Ben you'd know why he's very highly regarded and isn't known to talk out his ass just to keep customers happy lol.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

whilst i agree wirh you, the guy isnt going to turn around and say his dyno which cost thousands is a piece of shit and youve all wasted your money is he

The thing is Ben, he actually spent 10 minutes explaining it all to me before a single car went on. But I was too tired/hungry/eager to actually listen
craig8
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to drag up an old thread but forgot to post this a while ago, anyway a couple of months after this day I took the car back to russ to check for vac leaks, found a couple so uploaded the bluefin map and ran it, found it to be running lean still so flashed the standard map on again and fueling was perfect again so made the decision for russ to map it there and then

Now to clear up the difference in the fly estimate and wheel reading eck is right about the rollers being smaller so the percentage gap is larger, you can add between 60 and 70bhp on for pub figures, seriously impressive bit of kit and since it has obd2 logging on it we decided it was worth while to test the mad sensor while it was plugged in

Well chuffed with the way it drives, very smooth coming onto boost then just pulls unlIke the Thorney Map which was pretty sharp right away

Don't know if this will upload from the phone right but will give it a go

[Edited on 07-06-2012 by craig8]

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If not then the link is http://m1084.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/craig_88/Snapbucket/CC93F1A1.jpg.html?o=0

E36 328
Seany

6th Jun 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff! I was meant to be in on Monday to get a new cooler and pulley etc fitted but couldn't get the time off work. Need to book it in again soon. Got my eye on a cat cam too of I get that I will get some 500 or 450ys and get it mapped by russ too.

[Edited on 06-06-2012 by Seany]
3i_gaz

6th Jun 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

225 injectors were maxing out at 260 horsepower?!
craig8
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz

Me or Sean?

E36 328
Seany

6th Jun 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine isn't 260.
3i_gaz

6th Jun 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Original post the Leon cupra R
Toby
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It was Russ who told me beforehand that it's the rollers that are making big losses! That's what I was saying to everyone anyway. I'm happy with how my car runs, and I'm glad I got a benchmark!

That would suggest the software they are using is not calibrated for the rollers so cant even be sure if the WBHP is accurate then.

Not saying he doesnt know what hes saying or what hes doing as i have seen a hell of a lot more adjustment due to 'Transmission Loss'

Again I stand by this if he's telling you the rollers are smaller causing issues. Though I'm not a tuner/mapper

If that's the case I wouldn't be happy with them mapping it but as long as your happy.
craig8
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's just how the mainline dynos are built and I highly doubt that a company who not only repair and calibrate most brands of dyno are not capable of setting up and using the machine and software that they are the main dealer for, the difference isn't in the software but rather a physical difference on the machine and at no point did it cause any issues?

E36 328
Seany

7th Jun 12 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's like saying you wouldn't trust putting smaller or bigger wheels on your car. They work the same but the rolling radius is different giving you a different number.
broster
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Tbh, at the wheel is how it should be given. As that's the genuine figure, not the pub one

tbh a rolling road should be used as a tuning and diagnostic tool. no two runs will be the same, no two rolling roads will be the same.

and for what its worth i prefer a flywheel figure thats calculated from run down so it works out the losses not guess them.

wheel figures can be hugely affected by tyres/tyre pressure.

DaveyLC

7th Jun 12 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Guys, ATW figures The thing is, I don't quite understand what he was telling me, but something about the size of the rollers themselves, being a bit smaller than normal, produce greater losses than others or some shit

You can take R/R results with a pinch of salt.. Their job is to setup your car and make sure its running within its limits and if you choose the same R/R for each run it makes for a useful constant to record relative power gains.

Other than that its just some more bullshit to talk about in the pub.
big eck

7th Jun 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz

Just going by what the operator said.
Toby
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
That's just how the mainline dynos are built and I highly doubt that a company who not only repair and calibrate most brands of dyno are not capable of setting up and using the machine and software that they are the main dealer for, the difference isn't in the software but rather a physical difference on the machine and at no point did it cause any issues?

Just because i could own a ferrari deosnt mean that its running correctly.......

Cause issues..... Well thats open to debate. They are estimating transmision losses at 33% (well on the leon) which is hughly different to an 'industry standard' of circa 15%. They then tell you that its different becuase the machine uses different sized rollers, that shouldnt make a blind bit of diferance to how efficent your gearbox is unless the software on the dyno is incorrect surely.

Like i said as long as your happy but ive had some negative experiances with tuning companies and truth being bent

craig8
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to clarify that's it's not only this garage that advises that btw, these machines are pretty common in Australia and America and the same opinion is held there as you can see with a quick google

I don't know what you do mate but unless it's repairing and overhauling ferarris as a professional then your analogy doesn't work

E36 328
BarnshaW

7th Jun 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when this thread was posted i didnt understand how the figures were being calculated and today i still dont understand , can someone explain it for my own benefit because i have never seen it been quoted differenty (not saying its untrue) just odd.
Toby
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
Just to clarify that's it's not only this garage that advises that btw, these machines are pretty common in Australia and America and the same opinion is held there as you can see with a quick google

I don't know what you do mate but unless it's repairing and overhauling ferarris as a professional then your analogy doesn't work

Well just because they own a kit and it was professionally installed at the time doesn't (just as I could buy a perfectly running ferrari) doesn't mean it's working correctly now.

Unless your implying that they (the tuner) also supplies and fits the dynos and if that's the case then why are they mapping cars?
Toby
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
when this thread was posted i didnt understand how the figures were being calculated and today i still dont understand , can someone explain it for my own benefit because i have never seen it been quoted differenty (not saying its untrue) just odd.

Basically most tuners use a calculation based upon drag (when they lift off on the rolling road) to work out the inefficiency of the gearbox, this is a rough calculation as there are a few factors but essentially this is how you obtain a Flywheel BHP figure and what most tuners produce due the 'feel good' factor though can quite largely inaccurate at times 95% of the time you don't get a Wheel BHP figure. Where a calculation isn't possible (generally hub dynos as opposed to a rolling road) this is manually calculated at about 15% inefficiency give or take across the industry. What the said tuner is saying is that he has provided a WBHP figure and then used a 35% inefficiency which seems very high and abnormal.
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since that day, I gained 30bhp at the wheels... Didn't get a shot as my mrs claimed it for three days, then I got two hours out of the car before the purge valve got blocked, and overboosted the charger, blowing it into an unrepairable amount of bits

[Edited on 07-06-2012 by Eck]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My rolling road results 23 database queries in 0.0191979 seconds