corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » RIP Gary Speed

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIP Gary Speed
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
27th Nov 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, its not that uncommon for suicidal people to speak about the future and such. It's such a misunderstood area, I think you have to be in that position to fully understand how you can make that decision.

Absoloutely nothing would have led me to believe that the family member I lost this way would have taken his life the night I left for work. We did all the usual stuff we normally did on a Saturday and if anything he seemed happier than he'd been for a while. Remember that if there was something he'd been battling for a while knowing that it was all to be over soon and he was clear in his mind for the first time would be a relief.
Tommy L

27th Nov 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truly shocked. One of footballs true professional.

R.i.p speedy
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shay Given, just wiping away tears as he came into the pitch
Nath

27th Nov 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Shay Given, just wiping away tears as he came into the pitch

heart wrenching to see
Nismo

27th Nov 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP, but selfish to leave wife and kids imo.

Theres always other options to suicide
Marc

27th Nov 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Any suicide is selfish, as Jonny said, we don't know the facts. Clearly something personal.
Nismo

27th Nov 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Any suicide is selfish, as Jonny said, we don't know the facts. Clearly something personal.

No and im sure we will only ever know what somebody wants you to know.
--DAN--

27th Nov 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Again, its not that uncommon for suicidal people to speak about the future and such. It's such a misunderstood area, I think you have to be in that position to fully understand how you can make that decision.

Absoloutely nothing would have led me to believe that the family member I lost this way would have taken his life the night I left for work. We did all the usual stuff we normally did on a Saturday and if anything he seemed happier than he'd been for a while. Remember that if there was something he'd been battling for a while knowing that it was all to be over soon and he was clear in his mind for the first time would be a relief.

I can totally relate to this. I have also lost a very close family member to suicide and it creates feelings like no other kind of loss. It throws up so many unanswered questions. Shocking Times.

Just saw something on Twitter which pretty much sums up Gary Speed for me, universally respected.

'Played for Leeds, Liked by United Fans, Played for Everton and liked by Liverpool fans'

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by --DAN--]
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is there? You wouldn't know until you're staring that option in the face yourself. Ever considered that for them, there is no other option? You make it sound like an easy decision. I can't possibly imagine how dark his world must have been to decide to end his life because I've never been there fortunately, obviously to him, there were no other options, and he's decided to make the ultimate sacrifice.

The only suicide I'd count as selfish is those done to spite people. Other than that I think its best to keep an open mind as we have no idea the demons that were in his head. Is divuldge more about what I saw my family member go through but I don't particularly want to post about it here. Never would I consider it selfish though when I read the things he said about what was going on in his head, just glad he's at peace now.
Robbo

27th Nov 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15911120.stm
Aaron

27th Nov 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sounds like a very sad situation, however, my opinion of suicide is that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Unless he had a secret terminal illness, what else could have the problem possibly been to cause him to do something so drastic?

Personally speaking, and I aren't saying I'm right (because it's an opinion, not fact), I think suicide is a selfish act.

AndyCorsaSport

27th Nov 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
This sounds like a very sad situation, however, my opinion of suicide is that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Unless he had a secret terminal illness, what else could have the problem possibly been to cause him to do something so drastic?

Could be anything tbh, all people are different, you see people with cancer 2/3/4 times over who keep batteling on, others just feel suicide will be a better way out, a friend of mines dad hung himself 3 days before xmas 2 years ago, cause his wife was seeing someone else. Such a simple thing, he could have gotten over it, could have moved on, but that was his choice. He decorated out living room the week before and was absolutely fine, laughing and joking showing me jokes on his phone.
Nismo

27th Nov 11 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Is there? You wouldn't know until you're staring that option in the face yourself. Ever considered that for them, there is no other option? You make it sound like an easy decision. I can't possibly imagine how dark his world must have been to decide to end his life because I've never been there fortunately, obviously to him, there were no other options, and he's decided to make the ultimate sacrifice.

The only suicide I'd count as selfish is those done to spite people. Other than that I think its best to keep an open mind as we have no idea the demons that were in his head. Is divuldge more about what I saw my family member go through but I don't particularly want to post about it here. Never would I consider it selfish though when I read the things he said about what was going on in his head, just glad he's at peace now.

Yes there always is an option, Leaving kids to live with the fact that there dad would rather die than be there for them, that is never the answer.
Nath

27th Nov 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worst bit is letting a family member find you hanging. What a disturbing image that must be.
cecil

27th Nov 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As jonny says you never know what is going through ppls minds. We had my brothers best mate who hung himself 5 yrs ago in november, didnt even hint at been depressed or moody or anything. he had a shower ironed his clothes then did it.its not really them been selfish as they most prob no longer have control over their mental/emotional state
Ben G

27th Nov 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disgusting to do that to your wife and kids so close to xmas, they will never be able to get over that.

rip, terrible news but what an utter prick.
cecil

27th Nov 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree with the selfish comment! not always as clear as that.
Pop

27th Nov 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shocked when I heard earlier. He gave his all for the 3 and a bit years he was with us at Bolton. RIP.
taylorboosh

27th Nov 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not what i would ever do tbh but then he has pressure 10x what i will ever experiance
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
disgusting to do that to your wife and kids so close to xmas, they will never be able to get over that.

How incredibly ignorant, I'm sure you know exactly what was going through his head and exactly how bad it was. Let's just hope it never happens to someone close to you. Be a bit awkward with you at thier funeral calling them "an utter prick" think before you type Ben. You might not agree with me but now is not really the time to pass judgement, a respected man has died and a wife and children have lost thier husband/dad. Have a bit of respect.
Dave

27th Nov 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the people who are saying its selfish are looking at it from a logical point of view and I can completely understand why you'd think that, but you have to remember he isn't thinking the same way, to do something like that, with the exception of those who do it out of spite, shows that something is not working right in his head. It's a mental issue and unless you've suffered from it I don't think you can appreciate the power of depression.
Ben G

27th Nov 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

How incredibly ignorant, I'm sure you know exactly what was going through his head and exactly how bad it was. Let's just hope it never happens to someone close to you. Be a bit awkward with you at thier funeral calling them "an utter prick" think before you type Ben. You might not agree with me but now is not really the time to pass judgement, a respected man has died and a wife and children have lost thier husband/dad. Have a bit of respect.

i'm giving my opinion. sorry you don't agree. i say things how i see them, would you rather me be a sheep and follow the crowd?

he was a fantastic man yes and i remember him playing in the good old days, hence why it's a shock to us all, but it's still very selfish to do such a thing.

i'm not the only one who thinks it, just the only one who seems to have the balls to say what they're thinking.
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't give a fuck if you don't agree, does it need expressing in an thread about a man who has tragically lost his life though? Think!
Ben G

27th Nov 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apologies, i saw everyone else throwing conspiracies about his death around and thought i could actually comment about it, like others have.

next time i'll just stick a meaningless R.I.P in.
JonnyJ

27th Nov 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course you can have an opinion, just dont expect everyone to agree when they're as extreme as yours. I've only said keep an open mind as not one of us has a clue as to the circumstances as to why he decided to do this yet, so I think its way too early to wade in branding the man an utter prick.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » RIP Gary Speed 23 database queries in 0.0152938 seconds