corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Beats By Dre

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beats By Dre
MarkM

User status: Offline
4th Dec 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was looking at these today.

The £80 Audio-Technica's sounded clearer when listening to Mumford & Sons.

LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

where were you looking at them? i had to go to curry's to try a pair plugged directly into an audio source.
couldnt find them in stock anywhere in white for less than£150 so ordered from hmv online with 20% off but its up to 21 day delivery

also ordered some of these http://www.ioffer.com/i/486297603 for the gym and for out on my bike, was gonna get some real ones but then thought im not too bothered about the sound quality in those situations and i always wreck earbuds when they get sweaty
ChrisBoom

4th Dec 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried a set of £350 ones in HMV today, didn't seem all that much better than my normal ipod headphones.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, hmv plug them in to the display through splitters and stuff and to test it on your own music you plug a shitty £2 3.5mm jack sticking out of the display.
i tried a set of solos in hmv and they didnt sound great, tried the same set in currys where i could just plug them straight into my phone and they sounded much better
Ben J

4th Dec 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did same!

Went into HMV on sat and tried some out on the music that they had linked in, and they sounded pretty average. I was a bit gutted, because Jen has already bought me some for xmas.

However, went into Apple today with my ipod and tried some and they sounded awesome! Either the HMV ones were knackered or it was the set up.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I did same!

Went into HMV on sat and tried some out on the music that they had linked in, and they sounded pretty average. I was a bit gutted, because Jen has already bought me some for xmas.

However, went into Apple today with my ipod and tried some and they sounded awesome! Either the HMV ones were knackered or it was the set up.

its completely the set up, i noticed they were louder but sounded crap. in currys they had them cable tied to a metal stand with no extra wires. now im not one to get behind the hype of monster cables,but its not unreasonable to expect youre going to loose quality if you plug them into all sorts of other wires before you plug them into a music source. its the same set up in a lot of places, when i went to apple they were plugged into a splitter that went to 4 ipod shuffles via thin white apple cables, and comet was the same setup as hmv.

now i can completely imagine most people who say beats are shite have probably only listened to them on an instore rig that really reduces quality
MarkM

4th Dec 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

where were you looking at them? i had to go to curry's to try a pair plugged directly into an audio source.
couldnt find them in stock anywhere in white for less than£150 so ordered from hmv online with 20% off but its up to 21 day delivery

also ordered some of these http://www.ioffer.com/i/486297603 for the gym and for out on my bike, was gonna get some real ones but then thought im not too bothered about the sound quality in those situations and i always wreck earbuds when they get sweaty

HMV in L1 Liverpool City Centre. I had them plugged directly into my iPhone and they sounded a bit bassy. I tried set of £100 Denon headphones fully enclosed and they sounded amazing. As did the Auto's.

HMV had also sold out in the white ones. I think I'd go for black anway tbh.

I'll just used my iPhone earphones for the gym etc.
MarkM

4th Dec 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
I tried a set of £350 ones in HMV today, didn't seem all that much better than my normal ipod headphones.

I tried the £350 studio's and the sounded amazing tbh. I think I'm a fan of closed headphones. Bit bulky though.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

HMV in L1 Liverpool City Centre. I had them plugged directly into my iPhone and they sounded a bit bassy. I tried set of £100 Denon headphones fully enclosed and they sounded amazing. As did the Auto's.

HMV had also sold out in the white ones. I think I'd go for black anway tbh.

I'll just used my iPhone earphones for the gym etc.

thats the hmv i tried them in, and you cant plug directly into them i specifically asked someone if i could have a go with some? theres a black/grey cable sticking out of the rig theyre on that i had to plug into my iphone.
iphone headphones only stay in one of my ears so i need some with the rubber on that stick in your ears
Ben J

4th Dec 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting white ones. Thought black was a bit boring and I liked red but white a bit more subtle.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white matches my iphone
MarkM

4th Dec 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black matches mine.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame they dont sell a red bumper to go with the read detail on the headphones
MarkM

4th Dec 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before I take the plunge and get the HD Solo's can someone recommend a headphone that will give great sound quality for band music?

Has to be similar size to the Solo's.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Before I take the plunge and get the HD Solo's can someone recommend a headphone that will give great sound quality for band music?

Has to be similar size to the Solo's.

senheisers, grado, etc. thats the typical response when people ask for an alternative to beats
MarkM

4th Dec 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of them look as nice IMHO.

Ok. Alternative question: I'll be mainly using mine with an iPhone. Can somone recommend me a decent amp that doesn't cost a fortune and is as small as possible?
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats it, there are plenty out there that are better on paper than the beats, but the beats look the part. unless youre the type of person who refuses to buy anything that looks good for fear of being branded a sheep.
Ben J

4th Dec 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks wise nothing gets near. The supposed best ones for performance by Grado are awful looking.
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my musics nothin special and just ripped at a normal bitrate or whatever it is so i wont notice a differecne with anything better i imagine
MarkM

4th Dec 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the Beats going to be usuable on a flight as I'll be using them regularly on a plane?
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't imagine why they wouldn't be
John

4th Dec 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it matter what your headphones look like?
Cavey

4th Dec 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The In-ears I got with my sensation, they pretty much drown out road traffic while I'm posting letters, so they'd be ok on a plane, therefore i think the proper headphones would be fine
Cavey

4th Dec 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just want to be branded a sheep john
LeeM

4th Dec 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Does it matter what your headphones look like?

can say the same about everything in the world. but my answer is

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Beats By Dre 22 database queries in 0.0186400 seconds