corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car conversion
John

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The post had a massive dose of sarcasm in it.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Dec 11 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two things which cause premiums to rise unnecessarily are personal injury claims and uninsured drivers WHERE NO POLICY EXISTS.

PI is responsible for the vast vast majority of wastage.

The UD fund is taken anyway to deal with people who never even bought insurance or leave the scene.

Typically if there's an insurer involved then they honour it and reclaim their losses, seen it a few times and I would imagine it would be the case for this situation.

I'll very happily twist my knickers for proper issues, see my replies on anything about PI for examples of that. I just don't think that is the case here.

John - I would expect nothing less.
John

3rd Dec 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PI claims and accident management companies seem to be the main cause of increased premiums but the people who really do this and aren't just trolling are equally as bad.

Gets most peoples backs up because if you want to stay on the right side of the law it costs a fortune and puts the likes of engine conversions out of reach.

Then barry big balls comes along in his XE corsa and smashes it into a lampost because he shouldn't have been driving it at 18.
alan-g-w

3rd Dec 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye Ian, mate of mine went to renew his insurance a couple of years ago. He was paying something like 900 quid and hadn't had anything happen to affect it - apart from shunting a girl in an astra, but hit her so gently that her baby was still sleeping in the back seat after it and it was only scratches on both cars. She's told him not to worry about it, that it's an old car etc. but just to give her his details just in case any problems with the car develop. it's only when he's gone to get a qupte that his insurance told him he's had a 2500quid claim against him for personal injury. His new quote was 1400quid or something and he's not evn known there was a claim against him, whether due to his ignorance or them not telling him.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by alan-g-w]
alan-g-w

3rd Dec 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you must be getting more droll in your old age John, if that was sarcasm it went right over my head.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by alan-g-w]
big eck

3rd Dec 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at some of the replies on here

I guarantee you that most have broke the law regarding your car at some point but just don't have the stones to admit if for fear of the preaching twats on here
alan-g-w

3rd Dec 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree eck
one-mr-t

3rd Dec 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate had a undeclared c25xe corsa b, registered as a 1.2, traffic police pulled him over and lifted the bonnet, they then took the car it got crushed :'( also he's getting done for no insurance even tho it was insured as a 1.2, so that's what happens with undeclared engine conversions.
nathy_87

3rd Dec 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Jesus christ, get your log book sorted and tell your insurance company.

Still some sensible people on this site then.
Generation

3rd Dec 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by one-mr-t
My mate had a undeclared c25xe corsa b, registered as a 1.2, traffic police pulled him over and lifted the bonnet, they then took the car it got crushed :'( also he's getting done for no insurance even tho it was insured as a 1.2, so that's what happens with undeclared engine conversions.

Good
Nic Barnes

3rd Dec 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, the average police that pull you over wouldnt have a bloody clue what they are looking at, or looking for.
nathy_87

3rd Dec 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
thing is, the average police that pull you over wouldnt have a bloody clue what they are looking at, or looking for.

exactly. Why would he look under the bonnet?

Scrap that the police that pulled me over last year looked under my bonnet.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by nathy_87]
LeeM

3rd Dec 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone has a 1.2 with a 1.6 engine in and has it insured as a 1.2, then they have a crash the insurer will pay out and reclaim the costs from the policy holder, therefore the insurer arent out of pocket.
if the engine was declared theyd pay out and be out of pocket.
people who dont insure mods dont cause everyones premiums to go up.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chances are though if your insured TPFT they wont even look at your car as your not claiming for damage to it.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

I guarantee you that most have broke the law regarding your car at some point but just don't have the stones to admit if for fear of the preaching twats on here

x2

Nic Barnes

3rd Dec 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also agree with big eck. I did it when I was younger. So fuck.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Was the the only problem with the car? All taxed/MOTd OK?
LeeM

3rd Dec 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Was the the only problem with the car? All taxed/MOTd OK?

probably taxed as a 1.2 the police cant just ring the guys insurer and ask if what mods are declared its against dpa.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I was thinking, crushed for no tax.

Curious if they were able to make an IN10 stick unless the insurer cancelled RTA obligations there and then, not heard of that before.
Ben G

3rd Dec 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

that would only be true if he or someone who was insured on the car didn't come to collect the car and pay the £150 recovery fee + £12 a day storage charge or whatever it is nowadays.

never heard of them crushing cars for no tax if the owner pays the fines/taxes it properly.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by Ben G]
taylorboosh

3rd Dec 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How could they crush a car for no tax if the owner had taxed it properly? Of course you havent heard of it lol
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because if its taxed as a 1.2 it'll be in a lower band that it would be if the 2.5 was declared.

Pre 2001, 1.2 would be in the under 1549 class, 2.5 is over.

Interesting question there is whether if he started with a 1.6 Sport he would have been OK. He certainly would have been paying the right amount of road tax if it was a B.
taylorboosh

3rd Dec 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.. its not taxed properly then
LeeM

3rd Dec 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's what I was thinking, crushed for no tax.

Curious if they were able to make an IN10 stick unless the insurer cancelled RTA obligations there and then, not heard of that before.

they may just be trying to do him for no insurance, and if thats the case it probably wont happen
Ben G

3rd Dec 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
How could they crush a car for no tax if the owner had taxed it properly? Of course you havent heard of it lol

over your head i take it?

this is the situation, i will summarise it for you:

guy gets car taken off him by police for having no tax (incorrect due to engine size).
guy goes to impound, pays fines, sorts out the tax with the dvla and gets the proper tax disc for it.
guy takes car home.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car conversion 22 database queries in 0.0183671 seconds