corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The electronic device ban on takeoff and landing.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The electronic device ban on takeoff and landing.
Tiger

User status: Offline
28th Dec 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of flights i've been on recently allow to use your phone but only at cruising altitude, obviously you get charged international rates for stuff though.
Tiger

User status: Offline
28th Dec 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Well, they do. A mobile uses the gigahertz frequencies and the aircraft use megahertz, so for a start, your mate is wrong! Aircraft frequencies are either side of the radio frequencies in your car, from as low as 50MHz up to 300MHz. And, I've heard it myself doing radio checks and a Harrier whilst my phone was on me.

Yeah your right Ste, I know BHX Approach transmits on 118.050 Mhz and often you hear the two way at a slightly higher frequency up to about 128.000 Mhz which the planes are transmitting back.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The electronic device ban on takeoff and landing. 22 database queries in 0.0071349 seconds