corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ambulance service

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ambulance service
Kerry

User status: Offline
6th Jan 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the difference here is that while they are waiting for a job they are being paid

When they take a uninterrupted break, it is unpaid, there fore they are off duty, therefore they are uninsured
Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
so why are any of is having this discussion if we don't fully know the facts?

If that was the case then this forum would be pretty dead if you had to fully know all the facts before posting in a thread, unless everyones perfect and knows everything

Only John I think.

It's probably more a case that when they are on a contracted break, another crew is on call but if that crew is already attending, the crew on their break is called upon. If that makes any sense.
Phillips_91

quote:
what if you were told at work there were no more lunch breaks allowed, and you can just eat around doing your job?

I don't get a lunch break in my job, if were quiet i grab somat to eat, and if i'm half way through my lunch/brew and we get a customer, i put it down sort out the job then go back. if i don't get chance to eat tough shit, i take the good with the bad, some days i sit around and do nothing at all all day!
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91
quote:
what if you were told at work there were no more lunch breaks allowed, and you can just eat around doing your job?

I don't get a lunch break in my job, if were quiet i grab somat to eat, and if i'm half way through my lunch/brew and we get a customer, i put it down sort out the job then go back. if i don't get chance to eat tough shit, i take the good with the bad, some days i sit around and do nothing at all all day!

but your paid during that time yeh?
gez bay

6th Jan 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how people can say its an easy job? going out seeing traffic accidents and what ever emergency.
i agree, they shouldnt be allowed un-interupted breaks. its their job to respond.
I work within the NHS and the ambulance are always busy.
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
I dont know how people can say its an easy job? going out seeing traffic accidents and what ever emergency.
i agree, they shouldnt be allowed un-interupted breaks. its their job to respond.

hope you have got your suit zipped up good and tight
Conway563

6th Jan 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm also like this
Can't remember ever having a proper lunch break when I'm in the office in the 4 years I've worked here
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you dont like it, fuck off and find another job.

Its like being a fireman and wanting a payout if you get a bit burnt, or wanting £100 every time you get a shock if your qa spark.

3Cm is right, too many people only looking out for themselves in the public sector. if the NHS was privately run we'd have non of this shite.
Dave

6th Jan 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I don't think it's an easy job, they probably have to deal with some pretty harrowing situations but surely they knew that when they applied.
For every one serious RTA or fatality I bet they attend ten old dears who are short of breath though.
Phillips_91

quote:
but your paid during that time yeh?

i'm paid 9 - 5 wether i work on no cars or 200 cars, but either way if i don't get a break i don't get a break, i don't start demanding to be paid extra because i didnt get 20 minutes to myself. it's part of the job imo!

i understand they have a very demanding job but i dissagree that they should be paid if there break is interrupted
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

I'm also like this
Can't remember ever having a proper lunch break when I'm in the office in the 4 years I've worked here

Calculate how many breaks you've missed then demand £100 for each one.
Jamie Walby

One of my customers is a paramedic/ambulance driver and he says they get so many bull shit call outs that do not need an ambulance.

He once said that he had to go to the same property 4 days in a row because a woman of foreign origin had a cold
LeeM

6th Jan 12 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No one said its easy, easy to get. I appreciate it's a hard job, but to demand more than £100 to have your break interrupted when there's lives at stake (yes, MORE than £100, they've rejected that much already!)
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can also tell who works in the public sector in here!

Privatise the lot IMO. Should be no such thing as public sector. Compaines should bid for the job of running the NHS, within a certian budget. If they come in under budget they earn that money. If they dont, tough shit. That would put a stop to all this bollocks!!
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

When they take a uninterrupted break, it is unpaid, there fore they are off duty, therefore they are uninsured
Jamie Walby

6th Jan 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Privatise the lot IMO. Should be no such thing as public sector. Compaines should bid for the job of running the NHS, within a certian budget. If they come in under budget they earn that money. If they dont, tough shit. That would put a stop to all this bollocks!!

That would probably lead to a lot of dodgy dealings and corner cutting so that a group of men could get wealthy
Nic Barnes

6th Jan 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best thing about this website is that everyone is an expert about things they haven't got a clue about and people preach away. It's hysterical.
LeeM

quote:
quote:

Bollocks. you take a break in a garage you're still insured
gez bay

that goes with any other job though.
the police get stupid callouts and so do the fire service.

Colin

6th Jan 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you dont like it, fuck off and find another job.

Its like being a fireman and wanting a payout if you get a bit burnt, or wanting £100 every time you get a shock if your qa spark.

3Cm is right, too many people only looking out for themselves in the public sector. if the NHS was privately run we'd have non of this shite.

Yeah I think the same, you wouldnt see a fireman walk off trying to put out a burning building because its lunch time Or a policeman stop chasing a burglar because its time for a cup'o'tea.

These are all jobs where you need to make do when the going gets tough, I think the unions should fuck off tbh they do more damage than good!!

If I done any of these jobs including a paramedic i'd be more than happy to can a break to carry out my job, same as I do now tbh. You've got to take stock that sometimes your sat about being paid to do very little so moving when you have to is hardly going to kill you.
John

6th Jan 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Show me some source on this, I don't see how it could work.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:

That would probably lead to a lot of dodgy dealings and corner cutting so that a group of men could get wealthy

Easy sortable. Not if every complaint came along with a fine, not of of the budget but out of the companies monies.

It should be set up 100% transparent to the public, so nothing underhand can go on also.
gez bay

6th Jan 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
quote:

Bollocks. you take a break in a garage you're still insured

exactly this, they are not off dudy if they are in their uniform and are expected to do your role.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Show me some source on this, I don't see how it could work.

It dosent. They are insured all the time. Why wouldnt they be?

Public sector workers
Jamie Walby

6th Jan 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:

Easy sortable. Not if every complaint came along with a fine, not of of the budget but out of the companies monies.

It should be set up 100% transparent to the public, so nothing underhand can go on also.

I like that idea.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ambulance service 22 database queries in 0.0133400 seconds