corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uninsured driver gets hit, but not there fault

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uninsured driver gets hit, but not there fault
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jan 12 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you inform the woman of lack of insurance?

Maybe she has used her head and hopes you'll fix the car damage that was her fault over a fine/police involvement/points?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Rickavo

28th Jan 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending how much damage it has done to your mums car? Just tell the women you dont want the hassle of going through insurers so shes pays for hers you pay yours.
Then get insurance and be grateful the police were not involved
jayy.cfg

28th Jan 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was always under the impression, once you get the renewal form in the post you have to ring and say yes/no to continue the insurance.
Russ

28th Jan 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baza31 trolling it up again
LeeM

28th Jan 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmadIt was her fault for not being insured whichever way you look at it and she should do the honourable thing and cough up regardless of who was to blame.

this is wrong. lack of insurance doesnt make it his mums fault.
his mum can claim from an at fault parties insurer herself regardless of her level of cover (or lack of) thats a civil matter.
the police may then want to persue her for driving uninsured if anyone reports her (a criminal matter) but its unlikely they would
Ben G

28th Jan 12 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's not saying the accident was his mums fault, he's saying not having insurance was her fault.

again, wrong end of the stick
Corsa_Sport21

28th Jan 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But he's basically saying, because she wasn't insured, she should cough up to get the other persons car fixed.
Ben G

28th Jan 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh she shouldnt have been on the road as she didnt have insurance.

if this was a 20 year old polish guy and not a middle aged woman then youd all be jumping on the bandwagon.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Jan 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, i think every1 in this thread are probably on the bandwagon etc but by the sounds of it she made a genuine mistake.

Still dosn't excuse the fact that some1 smacked into her and want's her/her insurance(if she had any) to cough up and pay for the damage she caused to her own car. Id be pissed off too tbh.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So let me get this straight, one woman makes a mistake in forgetting to renew her insurance, another woman makes a mistake by crashing into someone so they've both made a mistake. One person's mistake affects both parties (two damaged cars), the other persons mistake only affects one of the parties (herself as she may now end up with points and a fine). Why should the person who made a mistake which only affects herself have to pay for the other person's mistake which has actually caused problems for both parties?

Driving uninsured is a fairly big mistake yes but so is driving your vehicle into someone else's, in fact I think I'd go as far as to say that that was the more significant mistake.
Ben G

29th Jan 12 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if said uninsired person had crashed into someone and seriously injured them?

i can see it was a genuine mistake but its one that could have had huge consequences.

i have no sympathy for these uninsired drivers you see on road wars getting their cars recovered, so i cant pretend i feel sorry for lees mum, as im not a hypocrite.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then they'd have made 2 mistakes and it would be a different kettle of fish. I've not said I feel sorry for Lee's mum, I've said it's not down to her to repair 2 cars that someone else has caused damage too.

Lee's mum made the mistake of driving uninsured which she's potentially going to get punished for if the insurance company report it and the police follow it up.

The other woman made the mistake of crashing into another vehicle which she/her insurance is responsible for the repair of.

I don't see how Lee's mum making a mistake makes her liable for someone else's mistake which has no bearing on her original mistake
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Jan 12 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad
she should do the honourable thing and cough up regardless of who was to blame.
LOL WUT
LeeM

29th Jan 12 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im stating some facts, im not defending uninsured drivers.
hes asked where his mum stands, and she doesnt owe the other person anything. lack ofinsurance doesnt mean she caused the accident. the person who casued the accident has to pay for the damages theyve caused, if they cant afford it they use their insurance.
all of the above is a civil matter.

now, nowhere in the civil procedure legislation does it state that a person can only be at fault if both parties are insured. the lack of insurance is a legal matter unrelated to the civil claim
Rickavo

29th Jan 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
what if said uninsired person had crashed into someone and seriously injured them?

i can see it was a genuine mistake but its one that could have had huge consequences.

i have no sympathy for these uninsired drivers you see on road wars getting their cars recovered, so i cant pretend i feel sorry for lees mum, as im not a hypocrite.

Being un-insured makes no difference to a person gettin hit by a car apart from compo..
What if you in your insured car hit somebody? would they just get up and carry on their day because you were insured :S

The only thing it would affect is if she had hit into someone elses car which luckily she didnt and im sure when she realised she was unisured she got straight on the blower and renewed her cover..

The fact is that his mums car has been damaged by no fault of her own and it needs fixing by the person responsible. Simples
cunningham

29th Jan 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the shoe was on the other foot i would be asking for insurance details to. If shes not got insurance cover then when i claim im only claiming for myslef and not 2 vehicles
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jan 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM

29th Jan 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
if the shoe was on the other foot i would be asking for insurance details to. If shes not got insurance cover then when i claim im only claiming for myslef and not 2 vehicles

you mean if it was your fault? it wouldnt mater if you hit someone that was uninsured, they can still claim from you because the accident was your fault
Rickavo

29th Jan 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

If the other person didnt have tax mot and insurance... its still YOUR fault so YOUR insurance pays and Then the police do her for driving with no t/mot/insurance. (at cunningham)

[Edited on 29-01-2012 by Rickavo]
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jan 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read my replies for my position on it.

My facepalm was because there are people unable to differentiate the two issues here.
3i_gaz

30th Jan 12 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Tell your mum to start taking responsibility for her own actions . She was uninsured it's only her fault . I have no sympathy to behonest. I know it's easy to forget same with mots etc but if you want to drive a car then you need to be on ball with the running of it

What the fuck are you on about ?

Because she had no insurance it's ok for someone to crash into her?? How does that work?? If he got out and smashed her in the face would that be ok too as she had no insurance?

The women who bumped into wanted her insurance details it's what you do when u have crash no matter who's fault, insurance companies deal with rest. But his mum doesn't have details because she's uninsured . Therefore your mum can't moan about the outcome . Its all uninsured drivers that crank every other fuckers insurance up

How does she bump it up when she never caused the accident you fucking idiot?!

The other woman was at fault regardless of whos insured or not so the claim should fully be through the other womans insurance and nothing to do with Lee's mums.

People robbing cars at knife and gun point, and dodgy immigrants smashing up the arse of each other are bumping up the price of insurance!
Fro

30th Jan 12 at 05:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have it out at the road side winner takes all.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uninsured driver gets hit, but not there fault 23 database queries in 0.0087180 seconds