corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work?

Poll: Do you work?
Yes I work 153 (91.62%)
No I don't work as I can't get a job 5 (2.99%)
No I don't work as it's not worthwhile with the benefit system 4 (2.4%)
No I don't work because of another bullshit excuse 5 (2.99%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you work?
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in a bodyshop and I love it
baza31

21st Feb 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Most nursery workers are on minimum pay, even the higher up ones are only on £7 an hour or so.

Childcare is very expensive, however i'd rather my kid be at nursery interacting with other kids while my missus and I work than them two being at home doing nothing all day, even if we are the same financially.

Snap, ours has started school now but we still had him in nursery, even though we were possibly worse off.

Exactly . Because clearly you two both have mrs that ain't lazy . I might just pay for nursery then she's got fuck all excuse . Will break her heart not being able to live like a fucking wag
Bonney

21st Feb 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked since leaving school. In 8 years think ive been out of work for about 2 months.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked since 16, if I hadn't I could have been a lot better off due to only ever being on an apprentice wage, part time wage or since starting our business, not really taking a wage. Hopefully the business should start paying better soon which will readdress the balance but yeah, I could be worth more if I'd sat on my arse for the past 9 years. It was never an option to me though.
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I get rent, council tax, computer to help me find a job (got a mac), money towards running car to take step daughter to school, why should I work?

If youre serious do you not think you are basically stealing of the rest of us??
John

21st Feb 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got rent, got council tax, got no PC but got mac and got car.
cavmad

21st Feb 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, there's been workshy fuckers about since I left school in 1980.
My lad is in a job and my daughter will be going to college as I don't want them sitting round doing fuck all all day, but jobs are getting harder to find now. It doesn't help we have this shower of shit government in charge at the moment as they're hell bent on lobbing as many people as possible out of a job.
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you ever thought she might want to bring the child up herself instead of sending it off to nursery? i wouldnt have had anyone else raise my kids for me, i am here to take them to school and pick them up and look after them while they are at work, im not going to pay someone to do my job!
John

21st Feb 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's because we pay for you to do their job.

Going to nursery and interacting with other kids isn't exactly child cruelty is it.
noshua

21st Feb 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
im at uni, dont work because it would be a massive inconvenience.
i started work at mcdonalds on the first day i could legally after my gcse's in 2003, been unemployed for about 2 weeks all in until i left work for uni september just gone

Can't you work a Saturday or Sunday shift?

Got my first (part time) job just after starting college, worked 16 hours a week for just over 2 years then changed to a slightly different role on to 7.5 (minimum) hours, still there now working weekends at Uni.
Rickavo

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
have you ever thought she might want to bring the child up herself instead of sending it off to nursery? i wouldnt have had anyone else raise my kids for me, i am here to take them to school and pick them up and look after them while they are at work, im not going to pay someone to do my job!

Sooo you think we should pay you to take care of your child instead of you paying for your child to be entertained for the day...

chloe16v

i never said it was, my mum stayed at home to look after us an it wasnt that many years ago that it was the norm for the mums to stay home an look after the kids, some parents want to raise there own kids instead of only seeing them a couple of hours a day before bed
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
quote:

Sooo you think we should pay you to take care of your child instead of you paying for your child to be entertained for the day...

nobody pays me thank you, my partner works for a living
noshua

21st Feb 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You mean you can't work between school hours, at night or at weekends?

Fucking lazy if you ask me.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked since I was 13 until I left college at 19 and walked straight into a full time job. Longest I was unemployed was 3 months whilst at school so only missed out on about 24 days worth of work
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my partner works nights unless he gets his shift changed then he will have to work days an then back on nights, he also works weekends, so no, i cant, an i dont need to, i stay at home an keep the house in order, look after the dogs an help out with husky rescue as an when needed
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

care to explain why?
Hammer

21st Feb 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was going to be paid as much or minimally less for sitting on my fat arse and doing nothing then you better believe that's what I'd be doing.

The spongers aren't the issue, the system which facilitates them is.
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i never said it was, my mum stayed at home to look after us an it wasnt that many years ago that it was the norm for the mums to stay home an look after the kids, some parents want to raise there own kids instead of only seeing them a couple of hours a day before bed

And it wasn't to long ago that someone could work without 40% of their wage going to the government and then going to the likes of lazy people that don't seem to be able to work When their children are at nursery/school
LeeM

21st Feb 12 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:
i started work at mcdonalds on the first day i could legally after my gcse's in 2003, been unemployed for about 2 weeks all in until i left work for uni september just gone

Can't you work a Saturday or Sunday shift?

Got my first (part time) job just after starting college, worked 16 hours a week for just over 2 years then changed to a slightly different role on to 7.5 (minimum) hours, still there now working weekends at Uni.

ive spent the last 2 weekends in the library and if ive got a weekend job i cant go home whenever i want either. get by with my loan and a bit of help from my dad but ill be working as soon as ive done my last exam for the year and will work full time until september
LeeM

21st Feb 12 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another thing is, people say theyre no better off working etc but theres no chance of promotion or career progression on the dole
chloe16v

quote:
quote:

And it wasn't to long ago that someone could work without 40% of their wage going to the government and then going to the likes of lazy people that don't seem to be able to work When their children are at nursery/school

not my problem
Rickavo

quote:
quote:
quote:

Soooo you claim NO benefits?
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Soooo you claim NO benefits?

everyone with children are entitled to claim child benefit and child tax credits, so apart from them 2, no

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by chloe16v]
Dave

21st Feb 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you do more than your fair share around the house and both parties are happy I don't see any problem with that, it's the old fashioned bread winner/housewife setup.

Using "an" instead of "and" repeatedly infuriates me greatly though.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work? 24 database queries in 0.0162029 seconds