corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BHP figures, bullshitters and 'chips'

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BHP figures, bullshitters and 'chips'
bally2010
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Depends on the scooter.

Gilera runners and typhoons 125 gearing can't do a real 100mph, is why the 180cc runner has different gearing and why so many people either get 180 gearing or malossi gearing for big power scooters.

My old bike was about 26bhp on 125 gearing and wouldn't go above 73mph gps speed, said 90+ clock speed.

his has a 180 gearbox, and the 100mph was at the side of a car so cant really see the car clocks being too off.

im not bothered about what they do its just some scooters are capable of it

with 25 mil crosser carb . 180 variator , malossi clutch, pm pipe, port and flow work and it does 100mph car clocks

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by bally2010]
Nic Barnes

9th Mar 12 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i humour people and tell them a load of bullshit. mostly for my own amusement. everyones "mate" has something better than anything thats ever existed in the world.
Dan H

9th Mar 12 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a lad around here got a mk3 Astra 2.0 8v.. does 140 in 4th and goes off the clock in 5th (he must be looking a KPH not MPH)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i humour people and tell them a load of bullshit. mostly for my own amusement. everyones "mate" has something better than anything thats ever existed in the world.

all my mates have shit cars
Nic Barnes

9th Mar 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean people you don't know, they always seem to have a mate with the most amazing thing in the world.
thegsi

9th Mar 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I mean people you don't know, they always seem to have a mate with the most amazing thing in the world.

Too true.
Robo C20Let

9th Mar 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:

all my mates have shit cars

then your the mate who your mates say my mates got a weapon of a car
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get bored of people who try make conversation about cars when they really arnt interested.. I think because people see you have a nice car automatically assume all you know about is cars and your conversations are all about them.

I never get bored of going to my local petrol station and a paki lad always asks how my ferrari is doing..

I remember once i went to a meet just for the giggles in the vx and i didnt just stand next to my car i walked about and looked at the other cars but id occasionally go back and kinda pretend it wasnt mine and ask people about the car.. Well lets just say that there were nos kits, turbos and all sorts going on in my enginebay..

chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who remembers that massive argument i had with a lad about the bhp figures being at the fly and he though they were at the wheels..

Can anyone find the thread?
Phillips_91

9th Mar 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

I remember once i went to a meet just for the giggles in the vx and i didnt just stand next to my car i walked about and looked at the other cars but id occasionally go back and kinda pretend it wasnt mine and ask people about the car.. Well lets just say that there were nos kits, turbos and all sorts going on in my enginebay..

thats brilliant!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever some guy comes over like that and asks what litre my car is I just say 1.2 to save them the hassle off making something up

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
richc

9th Mar 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember once someome telling me my old corsa must of been 2.0 because it had cav slabs on it.

Also took my GF's cousin (who is nearly 30) somewhere in my old megane. I was doing about 130mph and he goes how fast does this go. I said ive had 150 on the clock but thats its absolute maximum. He goes ner it will do about 170. I said no it wont i have done 150 (on the same long fast stretch we was on) and it will not go anymore - it was pretty flat after 140. To which i got, ner i bet it can do 170. Yer ok mate, you tell me about my own car.

Had a nob with an old 1.4 fiesta tell me it will do 100 in 3rd, and when i laughed he would not let it go.

Too many to list.
SXI - Matt

9th Mar 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a lad who work's for me (thankfully nothing to do with car's) who reckons his cherry bomb back box added about 25bhp cause wilkos said it would, then i mentioned my corsa was lowered & he asked "how much faster does it go" i assumed he meant through corners, NOOOOO he didn't he meant in general & wanted to no if it added power

Another guy locally were i work own's a scooby, fasted car in the town apparently nothing can touch it :-/

[Edited on 09-03-2012 by SXI - Matt]
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91

thats brilliant!

Best thing was getting in the car and the same people a nod as you drive off.

adiohead

9th Mar 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subway and chips for dinner tonight
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to avoid all car talk with people I barely know for reasons like this.
I think 99% of people I have met out and about randomly and talked about cars with have claimed there own have been 'chipped and cammed', seem's the in-thing to lie about down here.

I was introduced to a bird who apparently was a Vauxhall nut by my mates, even had a small Vauxhall logo tattoo on her arm, so I presumed she must have been clued up on her Vauxhalls, we got talking and when the subject came on to my car she asked me if it was a 'Redtop', a 'MK1 VXR' or a '2.2 Turbo Omega', I didn't bother making any effort after that

Had another guy turn up at my mate's Vauxhall garage with his V6 Vectra Sri claiming it to also be a turbo, telling that to a bunch of Vauxhall fanatics wasn't a good idea really, especially when we got him to open the bonnet and point out where the turbo was, strangest looking turbo I've seen as it looked remarkably like the inlet plenum, got all fussy after he couldn't point it out, attempted to change his turbo story to it being chipped and cammed and then asked everyone for a race as his 'porsche killer' was the 'king' of this town.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Seany

9th Mar 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get questions about my car every day at work and they are always telling me how rapid their lagunas and Mazda 3's are and their all remapped, I just lie to them and say my mini is 350 bhp and they shut up
silvercorsabee

9th Mar 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol would need a rolling start for him to be in with a chance...dont know much about chips etc but i highly doubt a chip will make a 110hp difference esp for £80

[Edited on 09-03-2012 by silvercorsabee]

Eck
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
I get questions about my car every day at work and they are always telling me how rapid their lagunas and Mazda 3's are and their all remapped, I just lie to them and say my mini is 350 bhp and they shut up

Couple of guys at my work are like that too One thinks his Mondeo ST TDCi is rapid. Pulls like a train in every gear And another doesn't quite grasp the concept that my 1.6 could be faster than his 2.5 in his Focus ST. Worrying that someone so clueless actually has a decent car
silvercorsabee

9th Mar 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i just dont see the point in lying, i drive a 1.2 corsa which is completely standard under the bonnet and really quite slow!

its ok though cos my mates got a 980hp treble turbo corsa VXR that'll beat a bugati veyron off the line so its all good

Eck
Premium Member

9th Mar 12 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get the lying either. Or one of my mates who stripped everything he could from his car except the drivers seat, took it to Crail and got a decent time, then put it all back in when he got home. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a bit of a false time when people start arguing about what is quicker on the open road
Aaron

9th Mar 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine many years ago told us that because he'd put a spoiler on his 1.2 Clio....it now "went faster"

This lad came out with this shit all the time tbh.
silvercorsabee

9th Mar 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funniest i heard was a lad saying he was in his mates glanza turbo doing 110 in 3rd, he said this with a straight face

mattstickland

9th Mar 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hear this shit all the time!
i teach mechanics at a college and i am surrounded by 16/17 year olds that have or know someone who has a "ped" that will do 120mph.
or they say "why are you building a corsa track car? they are shit".
to which i reply "why are you at college? your a fuckwit" lol
silvercorsabee

9th Mar 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattstickland
i hear this shit all the time!
i teach mechanics at a college and i am surrounded by 16/17 year olds that have or know someone who has a "ped" that will do 120mph.
or they say "why are you building a corsa track car? they are shit".
to which i reply "why are you at college? your a fuckwit" lol

^ we're not all full of shit im 17 aswell heard so many "ped" stories aswell though.. your the boy if your 16 and your ped does 70mph

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BHP figures, bullshitters and 'chips' 23 database queries in 0.0133159 seconds