corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Conned on eBay :( how long till I get money back?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Conned on eBay :( how long till I get money back?
DanCobb

User status: Offline
16th Mar 12 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like he's wasting your time tbh. He'll probably text you saying can't meet cause he's got do somthing else. How far away does he live?
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
So let me get this straight...

First of all he was supposed to be delivering it himself because he was going to be local with family.

He then says he sent the package via courier but you were out so it came back? Came back instantly, one attempt, no card left behind your door? Errr

So then he gets it back and sends it via Royal Mail, but they're delayed and don't attempt to deliver for a week? Whilst with royal mail he doesn't have a tracking number but only a barcode? Errr

So now the money and the equipment is back with this guy. He wants a text because royal mail said he can claim what exactly with the text? As far as I'm aware it a little card you fill in, one would be sent to you too if goods weren't received.

In the meantime he asks for your bank details because he has the cash for instant trasfer but says he also has your "gear"?

Whole thing sonds so suss and weird. I wouldn't be sending any texts. I know you want this item, but you have to draw the line.

Proper odd he got it back from the courier 6 days after sending it, I live in a flat and the front office was closed on the Saturday. He wants the text to try and make out he's had some kind of financial loss, I'm not sure how he's going to do it but that's up to him and if he meets me I'll send him a text.

Apparently the parcel was scanned during the RM postal process and was passed to another department to be opened because it was electrical, then got forgotten about and RM were telling him it was delivered to me already.

Both of the postage situations I can fully believe, both RM and couriers are fucking shit. Just all seems too convenient, but I half believe him because I've been on his Facebook and he's got shit loads more equipment with one controller worth 4 times this etc. I feel like milder from the x-files, I want to believe
noshua

16th Mar 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt, he's definitely trying to sucker you out of something.

Tell him you want the goods sending with a tracking number or a refund, none of this other fucking about.

Did you open a dispute with PayPal?
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disputes open with PayPal yeah
Ben G

16th Mar 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never ever had a problem with a courier or royal mail, yet this guy has had a problem with both with the same parcel?

yeah right you're a mug for believing him.
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know
Sam
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Ben G said TBH. (sorry) Is the sender Jimmy Bennet?

Chalk it up to experience and don't make the same mistake again

Hopefully your PayPal claim will come good in the end for you though.

[Edited on 16-03-2012 by Sam]
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee's clearly caught up in this whole "he's a superstar DJ bullshit" I couldn't give a toss if he's fuckin Deadmau5, get your money back and tell him he's a cock.
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, 12 calls since 12 o'clock and hes not answered. at 5 oclock ill release his details and post on his facebook group
noshua

16th Mar 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the situation with PayPal?
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

escalated it the other day, hes got till the 25th to reply
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes not answering to my mum either whos calling from a completely different area code to where he knows i am.
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna send every one of his 1000+ facebook friends a message telling them hes a dossy scammer, dont care how long it takes me.
Ben G

16th Mar 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait until you get your money back first
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i will, ive got his personal facebook, dj facebook, twitter, email, website, contact number. gonna go out of my way to piss him off seeing as i finish uni on the 30th and have nothing else to do with my summer...
Sam
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leave it to PayPal and see what happens. You're wasting far too much time on this at the moment, and potentially opening yourself up to harassment charges (as ridiculous as this sounds I know).
LeeM

16th Mar 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuckers just text me saying he left his phone at this gig last night and just got it back but batteries dying, rang him back and its off. hes just rubbing it in now
ajscorsa

18th Mar 12 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes taking the piss right out you lol
LeeM

18th Mar 12 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sent a couple of texts and called him today, no answer so i decided to stop being nice seeing as thats got me nowere, i asked what todays excuse is and to cut the bullshit and to just respond to the paypal dispute ive put in. ive also emailed paypal saying hes offered me a refund but then ignored me etc.
Aaron

18th Mar 12 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd now end all communication with him tbh, and see what PayPal can do about it.
LeeM

18th Mar 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes text me back! saying "your getting your money sorted as didnt notice you disputed it the other day and if i had given your stuff i wouldnt of been able to touch the money so you should be having it back"

the guy talks fucking gibberish, i just dont get him. i text straight back saying stop making excuses and messing me around and just respond to the dispute
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guys text me saying he can't refund me on PayPal because they want a copy of his passport. Is he taking the piss or what?!
Brett
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you escalated the claim?
mwg

20th Mar 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Conned on eBay :( how long till I get money back? 22 database queries in 0.0156999 seconds