corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Show me your home cinema set up. Here is my latest impulse buy.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Show me your home cinema set up. Here is my latest impulse buy.
Sunz

User status: Offline
6th May 12 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was only a matter of time for me.
taylorboosh

6th May 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha its even worse that I spotted it
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Arent you into bmx'ing or skating?

Yes i am a bmxer? Whats that got to do with anything though :s

The point he's making is that you probably spend hundreds on a bike, when a £50 BMX could do the same job, as a £2000 bike.

Hence the comparison to people spending lots on technology when you don't want to.

Exactly my point.

Why spend £600 on a haro bike when you can buy an apollo bmx from halfords for less than £100.

Like you say, youre only going to be watching the tv in your spare time, just like youre only going to be riding your bmx in your free time. Are you going to notice the difference in doing a tailwhip? No chance

Yes you are going to notice a massive difference. Someone like you who im guessing isnt a rider would still notice the difference anyways. Lighter, smoother, so on so forth

Im not saying theres no difference in a standard system and a bose system there is a massive difference. What im saying is personaly imho i couldnt justify spending that much money on something to make the couple of hours of tv i watch when i get home at night that different?
Im not saying that theres no difference
cpcrampton

6th May 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching the man city game with staggering sound
John

6th May 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not for the couple of hours of TV a night, I rarely have my surround on for that.

It's when you sit down to watch a film.
Nath

6th May 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Makes a film so much more enjoyable.
sc0ott

6th May 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt youll be using it to watch the likes of hollyoaks, emerdale etc.

Why waste your money putting a bigger engine in your car when the standard engine can get you from halfpipe A to halfpipe B.

Why waste your money on a schwinn just to sit at the top of a ramp with your mates watching everyone else ride/skate.

Tiger

6th May 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got no pics as its multiple rooms and slighty haphazard as i only rent.

TV: Panasonic 42" 3D Plasma
Bluray player: PS3
Cables: 4mm OFC
AV Amp: Sony DA-2400ES 7.1 Amp
Fronts: B&W DM602's
Rears: Temporary technics speakers
Centre: Acoustic Energy Aegis 1

I've also got a Cambridge Audio 540R V2 6.1 amp powering two Acoustic Energy Neo 2 floorstanders with a Marantz CD63SE CD Player as transport going through a QED DAC module and a Project Debut Esprit turntable running through a Cambridge Audio MM Preamp.

[Edited on 06-05-2012 by Tiger]
Carl

6th May 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why even get into such a simple minded debate! Everything is pointless if you think about it too hard!
AlunJ

6th May 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I've also got a Cambridge Audio 540R V2 6.1 amp powering two Acoustic Energy Neo 2 floorstanders with a Marantz CD63SE CD Player as transport going through a QED DAC module and a Project Debut Esprit turntable running through a Cambridge Audio MM Preamp.

What is the Marantz like? My denon dcd-1500 ii gave up the ghost today
Dom

6th May 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
quote:
Arent you into bmx'ing or skating?

Yes i am a bmxer? Whats that got to do with anything though :s

The point he's making is that you probably spend hundreds on a bike, when a £50 BMX could do the same job, as a £2000 bike.

Hence the comparison to people spending lots on technology when you don't want to.

Exactly my point.

Why spend £600 on a haro bike when you can buy an apollo bmx from halfords for less than £100.

Like you say, youre only going to be watching the tv in your spare time, just like youre only going to be riding your bmx in your free time. Are you going to notice the difference in doing a tailwhip? No chance

Yes you are going to notice a massive difference. Someone like you who im guessing isnt a rider would still notice the difference anyways. Lighter, smoother, so on so forth

Im not saying theres no difference in a standard system and a bose system there is a massive difference. What im saying is personaly imho i couldnt justify spending that much money on something to make the couple of hours of tv i watch when i get home at night that different?
Im not saying that theres no difference

If you think £700 odd is expensive wait 'til you see the cost of the Big Boy league gear (have a look on AvForums or AVS) ie: what buys you an Aston gets you a pair of speakers.
John

6th May 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having a set of linn klimax or similar one day. I know you get more expensive but I've always wanted some.
LeeM

6th May 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just got a tv.
whitter45

7th May 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must admit the Bose stuff sounds good but there is plenty of oth stuff out there just as good now.

Nice setup that is

Just ordering the q acoustics 2000i setup today. You can beat home cinema makes such a difference to watching films etc
Tiger

7th May 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
quote:

What is the Marantz like? My denon dcd-1500 ii gave up the ghost today

Really good actually, to be honest there's no real need for me to run it through the DAC because the onboard NPC DAC's can give most higher end units a run for their money. Well worth the money you can get them for.
AlunJ

7th May 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The older stuff is always the best! I love my denon to bits and I'm gutted its broken, it was my late fathers who was well into his hi fi. The transport on it needs replacing but they're rare as rocking horse shit to even get a complete unit. Might have to see if I can pick a Marantz up on the bay. Using an old bluray player in place at the moment and it sounds shite

[Edited on 07-05-2012 by AlunJ]
Tiger

7th May 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Denon DCD-425 cd player also, and whilst its a bit lightweight it has a decent sound on it.

If I were you i'd have the Denon repaired?
Tiger

7th May 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish they would make better use of Blurays purely for audio, multi channel albums like the 5.1 recordings of the Super Furry Animals would be great, im sure there are more but that always springs to mind.
AlunJ

7th May 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a shop in town I may ask if they can do anything with it because I don't want to get rid of it but I think I'll probably need to buy a spares or repair unit from somewhere for parts.
Tiger

7th May 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd probably consider sending it somewhere if they have a good rep, mailing it wouldn't be too much.
Dom

7th May 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wish they would make better use of Blurays purely for audio, multi channel albums like the 5.1 recordings of the Super Furry Animals would be great, im sure there are more but that always springs to mind.

There's isn't much advantage over DVD-Audio though (the increase in Sr wouldn't be that noticeable) and that was far from a huge success so i can't see it happening, certainly not for commercial artists/bands anyway.
Where it could work perhaps is for the acoustic-audio/musique concrete markets where music/albums is/are specifically written for multichannel setups that are larger than 5.1 (BD would allow more channels than DVD-Audio's 5.1), although they tend to use non-standard channel formats (few 'EPs' i have require odd setups hence why i can't play them in their full glory apart from the 2.0 mixdowns).

Tiger

8th May 12 at 06:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there's a Japanese company making bluray audio recordings, it's mainly orchestral classic stuff though.
whitter45

8th May 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Q acoustics ordered. Got the updated i versions at a steal of a price
Tiger

16th May 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marantz CD63 SE (Same as mine and I can say its pretty damn good for the price you can get them for for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marantz-CD-67-SE-CD-Player-Separate-Impeccable-condition-VERY-LIGHT-USE-/230788333683?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item35bc0e8073

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll