corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what has happened......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what has happened......
smcGSI16V

User status: Offline
6th Jun 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
rather have a nice car out the tin to start with.

This.

Aspirations have changed.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed normally aspirated is now ftw
Ben G

6th Jun 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L3W15
Remember driving round southend and it being absolutly packed with modified cars, and lakeside after would be crazy 100's of cars racing around. Just not the same now

pretty obvious why it died off then hundreds of boy racers speeding on public roads.

i used to go up lakeside a few times and even i felt uncomfortable driving about while other people were trying to break the sound barrier.

smcGSI16V

6th Jun 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
agreed normally aspirated is now ftw

Graham88

6th Jun 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Can't even begin to imagine the wages you lot must be on to be able to afford to do countless track days and maintenance on the cara you use. Must be nice!

As Davey covered, I don't really drink (rarely) & I don't smoke, from what a few friends say they spend on both those things a month you could do a trackday & car maintenance for that money

I'd agree with the Internet statement too, I think it's probably a factor of everything now. Finance is easy to get and people want a nicer car to start with. If I was 18 now, I'd rather drive about in a newer standard car than a modified old car

[Edited on 06-06-2012 by Graham88]
Welsh Dan

6th Jun 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance and petrol are the killers. Insurance wasn't cheap when I was 17, but it was far cheaper compared with what 17 year olds are paying now. And a tank of petrol used to cost me £30 (or rather, it cost my dad £30), whereby it now costs double that.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what has happened...... 22 database queries in 0.1314962 seconds