corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mate of mines gone missing.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mate of mines gone missing.
Hammer

User status: Offline
24th Jun 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's more important things in life than pound notes.

Hope he turns up safe and well.
Tiger

24th Jun 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't take any bank cards out with him so no access to money. When he left the club on Friday morning he didn't have any rope with him so I doubt that would be a feasible option.

Still no word.....
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 12 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

of course there is but a helicopter won't run on fresh air
BarnshaW

24th Jun 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done captain obvious
ajscorsa

24th Jun 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
Brothers mate done this, was found hanging from a tree 5 mins from home.

Prepare for the worst.

was this around new years a few years ago?
Hammer

24th Jun 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

of course there is but a helicopter won't run on fresh air

You appear to have missed the point, Einstein.

When it is a matter of someones life, pounds and pence is not a priority and never should be.
JonnyJ

24th Jun 12 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a police perspective though they can't say his life is in danger as there's no evidence to suggest it is.

From thier pov, a man has just walked away from home and not come back, as is his prerogative.

I can see why that would be frustrating for those who knew him but you can't go sending helicopters out everytime a person doesn't come home for a day.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 12 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is when a helicopter requires money to operate and the police don't have enough money to have it out 24/7. Of course money is an obstacle and to manage it priorities have to be given, imagine if the police blew all the budget to send the chopper out for days only to find he'd buggered off to live on the woods for a few days for a laugh, then a few days later someone does a hit and run and they can't afford to send the helicopter out. Use your brain...Einstein
JonnyJ

24th Jun 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I hope all turns out well in regards to your mate tiger and he's just gone to spend some time on his own for a while. Must be awful.
Root

24th Jun 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
the costs are horrendous - £1000s per hour.

Which is more than worth someones life, if they are on the verge of suicide or mentally unstable etc.

Rather see my tax money being spent on people who need it, than the scum bags that abuse it

Well every single Thursday without fail, there's a police helicopter hover around my mum's area for several hours. Happened for a couple years. Doesn't happen on other days...training or just burning tax payers money for shits & giggles?

On topic: He'll be okay mate, just hold out, keep it up with the FB messages, hassling police force, photos, posters. I hope that you post in this thread in a few hours/days and say that all is okay.

I wish you and him all the luck in the world
Generation

24th Jun 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
From a police perspective though they can't say his life is in danger as there's no evidence to suggest it is.

From thier pov, a man has just walked away from home and not come back, as is his prerogative.

I can see why that would be frustrating for those who knew him but you can't go sending helicopters out everytime a person doesn't come home for a day.
baza31

24th Jun 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope they find the dude safe. Too many young people dying recently and alot due to the stresses we are all now under . There's been a few that have gone missing from nights out and somehow ended up in rivers etc or falling taking shortcuts pissed up . Fingers crossed . Also police spend money whatever , who gives a fuck if they spend 1000s looking for him . 3 sat outside mine other night for approx 5 hours because a manhole cover got stolen so balls to the 'it's costing money' comments
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 12 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can totally see the connection in costs to some officers sat around for a bit to funding a helicopter in the air for days on end. Some really unintelligent comments going down in here tonight. On a par with the xa0s thread tbh
SetH

24th Jun 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost of sending a chopper up VS 3 police constables sitting in a car for 5 hours

Fucking einsteins in this thread
SetH

24th Jun 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve and jonny j have pwnzed this thread IMHO

Masters of logic and reasoning vs the unrealistic motherfuckers that think their ass ages like wine.
JonnyJ

24th Jun 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I can totally see the connection in costs to some officers sat around for a bit to funding a helicopter in the air for days on end. Some really unintelligent comments going down in here tonight. On a par with the xa0s thread tbh

You know what I was about to post exactly the same. Already got people in here making up statements that nobody has said.
SetH

24th Jun 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep and they will resort to personal attacks when they realise how much of a fail their original comments were.
JonnyJ

24th Jun 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably say I'm a heartless cunt that I would rather somebody died than spend a couple of grand.

Yet if they actually read properly I've said nothing of the sort.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Jun 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we keep it on topic please.

Still hoping for a happy ending to this one Ben.
evilrob
Premium Member

24th Jun 12 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Still hoping for a happy ending

I've told you before - that's an additional £20 payable to my girls up front.

[/inappropriatedoubleentendre]
baza31

24th Jun 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The connection is police waste money anyhow , why does it matter if it's costs money to look for the lad? Be different if it was your mate
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Jun 12 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't be different, they don't have an endless supply of money to spend on every single worthy cause. If you don't know how public sector organisations are financed, read a book on public sector finance.

This thread isn't the place.

Nothing to do with whose mate it is. Perhaps if you were bothered about Ben's made you'd keep quiet.

[Edited on 24-06-2012 by Ian]
baza31

24th Jun 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
It wouldn't be different, they don't have an endless supply of money to spend on every single worthy cause. If you don't know how public sector organisations are financed, read a book on public sector finance.

This thread isn't the place.

Nothing to do with whose mate it is. Perhaps if you were bothered about Ben's made you'd keep quiet.

[Edited on 24-06-2012 by Ian]

On a forum? Isn't the whole idea to comment on topics . My comment was not in any way out of order. Of course I know there isn't an endless supply but IMO where money is spent should be justified and I don't think sending a helicopter over the woods for a missing person is an unworthy cause? Thats a whole side issue which I didn't bring up .
JonnyJ

24th Jun 12 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one is saying it isn't worthy. We are saying its not realistically possible.
baza31

24th Jun 12 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
No one is saying it isn't worthy. We are saying its not realistically possible.

I agree that you can't send it out for every instance but when someone goes missing for two days out of character and mentions woods etc I don't think it's too much to act on it . Anyhow am off to bed .

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mate of mines gone missing. 22 database queries in 0.0176570 seconds