corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » steves mate

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steves mate
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
8th Jul 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not up here sadly.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa's around the 835kg mark, wouldn't call it standard though

Steve come to Combe in September so I can race you.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah will be there
Corsa_Sport21

8th Jul 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the FRP box make THAT much of a difference though??

Im sure i commented about it in your thread and couldn't work out how it could make any difference at all.

FRP is just over 1 sec quicker to 60. But surely that is down to the extra 30bhp/more lb/ft they have over a normal 1.7.

Is it the same sort of situation where people fit F16 gearboxes to a C20XE and say they are quicker compared to an XE with an F20, even though they have the same ratio's.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo makes a fair bit of difference on mine being all that lighter and smaller wheels etc. 30bhp is nothing really I'd say the box has more to do with the performance difference then the power

[Edited on 08-07-2012 by Steve]
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jul 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What they like on bodies Steve? You ignored me!
taylorboosh

8th Jul 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve post your exhaust sound bids... Sure those are the ones it looked nippy on... Also it will be very similar to a 106 gti but to be honest 106 gtis are as quick as ep3 ctrs which it I less than 7 seconds
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
What they like on bodies Steve? You ignored me!
from what I gather they are fairly responsive, 170ish depending on the setup.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Steve post your exhaust sound bids... Sure those are the ones it looked nippy on... Also it will be very similar to a 106 gti but to be honest 106 gtis are as quick as ep3 ctrs which it I less than 7 seconds
cba tbh. People are so desperate to put the car down they will go to pathetic lengths to argue over stupidly small things.
taylorboosh

8th Jul 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I would do 7 secs..
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
cba tbh. People are so desperate to put the car down they will go to pathetic lengths to argue over stupidly small things.

not at all. I can get to 60 under 5 seconds wheelspinning. you questioned that. no different son.
bigron1988

8th Jul 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
quote:

wheelspinning. .

your doing it wrong then, or so the internet says
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't you start ben. just because you're 8 foot tall, i aint scared of you.......
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love to wank u off in those dirty tracksuit bottoms u wear
Alex_Rally

8th Jul 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is full of funny banter lol
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and thus returns steve to his normal posting type. after being shot down in flames for making ridiculous statements, he has to resort to spam and banter. poor effort kid.

just go video it up the road using a smart phone then we can work out, accurately, how fast it gets to 60? i clocked my bmw at 5.9 seconds and thats got all its interior in it.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really care how fast it gets to 60 tbh, 0-60 and driving in straight lines is for teenagers
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't really care how fast it gets to 60 tbh, 0-60 and driving in straight lines is for teenagers

acceleration is a big part of how a car drives though. even on these track day things, if you haven't got any acceleration, and I'm guessing you don't, it will be wasted time. say you can handle perhaps even within 10mph of my corsa on a corner, which you won't be able to lets be honest, as its not in the same league, once you exit the corner you're already 10mph slower and everything else will accelerate away from you. so yeah, how fast it gets to 60, well to 100 for arguments sake is actually quite important is it not?
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate, no accelerations
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to discuss this with you steve.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd go passed me on the first straight then I'd wave as I pass you mopping up oil off the floor on the second
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who made it to oulton park that november? can't remember your puma there son? pretty sure i did 138 miles round oulton that day, zero issues.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jul 12 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a thought, I have a PerformanceBox and a track prepped Puma...
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
who made it to oulton park that november? can't remember your puma there son? pretty sure i did 138 miles round oulton that day, zero issues.

wasnt yours on a trailer you lovely specimen? but yeah my wheel bearing did go sadly, only time its ever let me down, how many times has yours broke now?

[Edited on 08-07-2012 by Steve]
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never done a wheel bearing. mine did a clutch before oulton park, still got it sorted in time.

remembering i don't have a std engine steven, its actually pretty good for what it is regardless of your spam opinion. 170 odd miles of lake district last weekend, zero problems

[Edited on 08-07-2012 by Nic Barnes]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » steves mate 22 database queries in 0.0097120 seconds