corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TT - [Update: Insurance collected]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TT - [Update: Insurance collected]
Ben G

User status: Offline
20th Sep 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will always find out.

Elephant charged me for an accident I didn't declare only to realise it was after the 3 year cut off point, so refunded me.

The question I got aaked was:

''have you had any accidents/made any claims in the last 3 years, regardless of fault?''

Plain and simple, you need to declare them whether it was your fault or not and whether you went through your insurance or theirs.
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if you go through the other parties insurance, you arent claiming. the claim is in their name.
Ben G

20th Sep 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I beg to differ. The non fault parties name will be on file somewhere.

I wish it wasn't like this as I could have saved a few hundred quid, but it is.
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, you've worked in the industry a while have you?
the name of the non fault party will be on the file yeah, so will lots of other names involved in the claim. but the person who made the claim will be the at fault driver.
Fad

20th Sep 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Fad - they ask if you've had claims, not how you went about them.

If you manage to negotiate it well done, the rest of us get asked, tell the truth and pay more.

when asked if youve made any non fault claims, it means a claim on your own policy.

if someone crashes into you and you claim on your own policy, then your insurer reclaims the cost from the other insurer this is a non fault claim that you have made on your policy and have to declare. there are 2 claims being made, one by you on your policy and one by the third party on theirs.

if someone crashes into you and you dont contact your insurer at all, but get in touch with the other insurer, an accident management company or either of these get in touch with you and you claim directly from the third party insurer then it isnt necesary to declare this as a non fault claim.

theres no databases kept which list you as the person making the claim, because you aren't. youre involved in a single claim being made in the name of the third party driver on their policy.

even if youre both insured with the same company, there is no claim recorded in your name. no need to declare, fact.

See this is what I was getting at!
Ben G

20th Sep 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the name of the non fault party will be on the file yeah, so will lots of other names involved in the claim. but the person who made the claim will be the at fault driver.

Just because you've worked somewhere doesn't mean you know everything.
CORSA NUT

20th Sep 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

Just because you bought an Orange ST doesn't mean everyone will copy you....
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but ive worked in car insurance for 4 years, i dont know everything but i know about that.
youre interpreting something the wrong way, the way they word it is deliberately misleading so that people will willingly allow their policy to be increased unnecessarily.
Corsa_Sport21

20th Sep 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So has Ben G been getting ass raped by his insurance company for the last few years?? That what you are saying??
CORSA NUT

20th Sep 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but ive worked in car insurance for 4 years, i dont know everything but i know about that.
youre interpreting something the wrong way, the way they word it is deliberately misleading so that people will willingly allow their policy to be increased unnecessarily.

Lee Lee Lee you don't understand fella, in Ben's eyes 4 years isn't enough for you to voice your opinion.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Sep 12 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I make a claim, I'm not making a claim?

Really?
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
So has Ben G been getting ass raped by his insurance company for the last few years?? That what you are saying??

im saying its easily misinterpreted.
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So if I make a claim, I'm not making a claim?

Really?

as long as it doesnt involve your insurer, no. theres one claim set up in the name of the policy holder, your losses are included in their claim.
mwg

20th Sep 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes sense to me LeeM.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Sep 12 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see the thing about claiming on the third party's policy, I'm fully with what you're saying. I just wouldn't be comfortable interpreting the question in my favour when its not really asking that.

Next time I'll ask for clarification and see what they say, I would guess there will be further smoke and mirrors.

In your many years of working in the industry could you not have lobbied your seniors for more clarity? Its clearly entirely deliberate.

May also mean that a lot of people are paying too much? There's a PPI claimback if ever I saw one.
Ben G

20th Sep 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
quote:

Whats that got to do with insurance?

No need for shit like this in here. Just trying to bait me into retaliating. Give it a rest.
Ben G

20th Sep 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also lee, i'm not saying you're incorrect. I'm saying my insurance company has worded it in a way which means I am uncomfortable with not declaring my non fault accidents incase they cancel my policy after finding out.

I don't want a black mark against my name when applying for future insurance.
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I can see the thing about claiming on the third party's policy, I'm fully with what you're saying. I just wouldn't be comfortable interpreting the question in my favour when its not really asking that.

Next time I'll ask for clarification and see what they say, I would guess there will be further smoke and mirrors.

In your many years of working in the industry could you not have lobbied your seniors for more clarity? Its clearly entirely deliberate.

May also mean that a lot of people are paying too much? There's a PPI claimback if ever I saw one.

its all about the money
its completely an issue which needs to be addressed, i might email the daily mail
CORSA NUT

20th Sep 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No need for shit like this in here. Just trying to bait me into retaliating. Give it a rest.

I'm sick of your 'Big I Am' smart arse fucking comments so I'll just annoy you each time you do it. Tin foil hat = Orange ST
CORSA NUT

20th Sep 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also Ben you've had what..1-2 jobs in your life?? which makes you an expert on everything.
A2H GO

20th Sep 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM, makes sense what you're saying, I wouldn't declare in that scenario. But what about when someone crashes into you, and their insurance company contacts your insurance in an attempt to claim half the settlement given half of them won't just roll over and pay out? Even if its obviously not your fault everybody argues its never 'their' fault these days.
Ben G

20th Sep 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sick of your 'Big I Am' smart arse fucking comments so I'll just annoy you each time you do it. Tin foil hat = Orange ST

You're the one following me round the forum, stalking me and going off topic in threads.

If you have a problem with me then I suggest you u2u Ian.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Sep 12 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So report it or shut up, don't turn the thread to shit because you've got a bee in your bonnet.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Sep 12 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also Ben you've had what..1-2 jobs in your life?? which makes you an expert on everything.

Some proper stale grudges going on here put it away.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Sep 12 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summary - I agree with Lee but the question have I claimed doesn't discriminate upon whose policy I claimed on.

Clearly obfuscared, clearly they're bumming lots of people, clearly my advice still stands, if you can avoid that gang of sharks, do so.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TT - [Update: Insurance collected] 22 database queries in 0.0089178 seconds