corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists that ride on the road...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cyclists that ride on the road...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
5th Nov 12 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF that soft cunt overtook a lorry which was indicating to come out? If he wins £1600 for that the world is fucked.

I've nearly killed two of them, both times passing on the left while I'm turning left. Both times I had to slam on while they breezed past ignoring my indication. They're fucking nuts.
smcGSI16V

5th Nov 12 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Probably would crash if they spotted your calipers and streaky roof

Jambo

5th Nov 12 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore red lights here too. Nearly got wiped out crossing a road with Mrs Jambo.

Law of their own.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't really bother me untill they ride side by side. SINGLE FILE, DICKHEADS!!
pow
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh. My. God. So he overtakes a lorry who's waiting for a bus to pull out while there's a van oncoming in London? Fucking retarded.
Nath

6th Nov 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MK has a dedicated cycle path network and people still insist on riding on the roads
pow
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Oh. My. God. So he overtakes a lorry who's waiting for a bus to pull out while there's a van oncoming in London? Fucking retarded.

But the infuriating thing is, he will think hes in the right and that the lorry is a cunt

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They think they are privvy to the law, and are in most respects, if a car was going around serial jumping red lights police would be onto it like a flash and be round his house with the CCtv tapes in hand.

Bikes should be made to wear some form of number plate to ride on the road, that would make them accountable and identifiable for post action
spencer88

6th Nov 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cycle on the road very rarely. Mainly as I have a mountain bike so it is not the best really for road riding.

However I always give cars right of way, they are alot bigger than me. It is nice to have drivers who are curtious too and give you space when they can. If I am on the road riding and know some cars are coming up behind me, if I can I will get on to a grass verge and stop. 30 seconds delay for me can save a motorist a fair few minutes. End of the day I am not cycling to get somewhere fast!

I still think bike owners should pay some sort of tax or something to ride in built up cities.
Just like £5 a year or something to contribute to road maintenance/cycle paths and cycle parking they have access to.
pow
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be fine like drivers IMO
spencer88

6th Nov 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Realistically how hard would it be to make bike owners in cities like London etc display a small ID mark, almost like a reg plate stating who the owner is and such so if they run red lights and things they can be fined? If people are found without them, take their bike off them.

I don't see why they should get away with it. I stop for red lights on my bike, end of the day I am a road user like everyone else.
Demo

6th Nov 12 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclists on the road are a pain in the cunt

I ride a mountain bike and I avoid roads at all costs. And it really boils my piss when they travel 3 or 4 abreast on a main road.

No fucking road sense whatsoever on most of them. They just expect you to let them do whatever they want cos they are smaller than a car
Seany

6th Nov 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said the ones that ride two and three abreast really infuriate me, the only reason they do it is to gab to each other. I will always give room where possible as I don't want to cause an accident but when the undertake at traffic lights and sit in your blind spot it makes me think they either shouldn't be allowed on the road or should have to do a test and pay tax like he rest of us have had to.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cycle paths are awful almost everywhere in this country, they aren't surfaced/maintained. I certainly don't want to be riding in the gutter so the only option is to ride away from the curb.

People in cars need to leave a more room, it's not rocket science, I know some cyclists are knobs, but don't tar every cyclist with the same brush.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can tell you are a cyclist, everyone called liam is a cyclist
John

6th Nov 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclist have to get out the way, car is bigger so car wins. I don't get in the way of a lorry because he's bigger and I don't really want hit by one.

Same as giving up your seat to an older family member while at your grans.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the main reason cyclists annoy you is because they don't ride in the gutter, and you can't pass at a safe distance, why not wait until there is a gap to pass? Instead of squeezing past?

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular more of a general question.
John

6th Nov 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do wait until there's a gap but when you are trying to get home/to work and some idiot on a bike can see they are making it difficult and the massive tailback they are causing, it's just forcing people into dodgy manoeuvres.
All Torque

6th Nov 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
WTF that soft cunt overtook a lorry which was indicating to come out?

I just found that really funny!
All Torque

6th Nov 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also horse riders [/stir]
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Cyclist have to get out the way, car is bigger so car wins. I don't get in the way of a lorry because he's bigger and I don't really want hit by one.

Same as giving up your seat to an older family member while at your grans.

the simplest logic is always best so true.

it's part of the vehicle food chain. bigger car always wins.
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Also horse riders [/stir]

these are the worst. they shout at you telling you to slow down because you're scaring their horse, yet they're the ones on NSL roads
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horses have no right on todays busy roads, they are a danger, they are an unpredictable animal ffs.

Ok they traditionally have equal rights to the roads, but things change
LeeM

6th Nov 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The roads were built for cars.

quote:
Originally posted by pow

need to make your mind up on that one

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists that ride on the road... 22 database queries in 0.0368290 seconds