corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever been to the cinema on your own?

Poll: Ever been to the cinema on your own?
Yes 15 (14.56%)
No 88 (85.44%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ever been to the cinema on your own?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
29th Nov 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does everyone think that? Because im his mate?
JonnyJ

29th Nov 12 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're mates with scotch John off here? I didnt think anyone knew John, except Hammer, who is John.
3CorsaMeal

29th Nov 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it's lee leg
Gavin
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I moved out of home town I used to go out to the cinema, pub and also went clubbing by myself!!

It was a new environment, I was young (20-21) and wanted to do stuff. I didnt really know anyone when I was up in Newcastle, and asked myself... whats more sad - staying in, being bored watching TV by myself or going out, having a few drinks and try and meet new people.

As for the cinema, I went to watch Bond the other week byself as I had a day off work and had fook all else to do

I dont see why people thinks its sad. I think its more sad that people cant just go out and do what they want because they NEED someone else to go with them

Unlike some people, I like my own company and like doing stuff when I want without having to check in with other people and arranging my time around them. Fook that... life's too short lol

pew pew pew pewwwww
sc0ott

29th Nov 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
You're mates with scotch John off here? I didnt think anyone knew John, except Hammer, who is John.

John d
JonnyJ

29th Nov 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:

John d

Yeah i think you missed what i was getting at there.

Chloe put "John" and "taylorboosh" instantly thought she meant john-d, but thats not what she put, even if she meant that. Ergo, "taylorboosh" is john-d and gets a bit paranoid whenever the name john is mentioned and has to bring up the mate story.
Ben G

29th Nov 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never. it would be a very weird experience, i reckon.

sounds great in theory, sadly in practice not so good.
sc0ott

29th Nov 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

John d

Chloe put "John" and "taylorboosh" instantly thought she meant john-d, but thats not what she put, even if she meant that. Ergo, "taylorboosh" is john-d and gets a bit paranoid whenever the name john is mentioned and has to bring up the mate story.

My ba-d.
3CorsaMeal

29th Nov 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would expect popcorn to be thrown at me
Corsa_Sport21

29th Nov 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the subject of weird things and people, has any1 ever went for a sit down meal in a restaurant (excluding McD's and KFC etc,) alone??
sc0ott

29th Nov 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would imagine most cs portfolio managers sit in starbucks on their macbook most days.
taylorboosh

29th Nov 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

John d

Yea mate that's right, I call my best mate john-d in real life.

Course I know who she meant, you lot have been saying it for weeks since I posted some m3 shit while he was here.
taylorboosh

29th Nov 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you want some custard pics to prove its me?
JonnyJ

29th Nov 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
quote:
quote:

John d

Yea mate that's right, I call my best mate john-d in real life.

Course I know who she meant, you lot have been saying it for weeks since I posted some m3 shit while he was here.

Me thinks he doth protest too much
Robin
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes.
JonnyJ

29th Nov 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:

Yes.

Ive seen pics of john-d on here before. He'll have eaten the custard before he gets a chance to take the photo.
taylorboosh

29th Nov 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but im not he, never mind think what you will
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Nov 12 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
On the subject of weird things and people, has any1 ever went for a sit down meal in a restaurant (excluding McD's and KFC etc,) alone??

Yes, but only because I needed to eat and the place on my route home from work were doing carverys cheaper than I could make it.

Go for breakfast all the time on my own, again more necessity than actually wanting to go out and do something.

I can barely justify going to the cinema if its on a date and its the done thing to take someone out, I'd far rather not park, not pay and not share a room with people I don't know. It would never even occur to me to go alone.
ed

29th Nov 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have to work away from home (i.e. work sends you to a hotel) then you end up eating alone a lot too. Used to see lots of people at the local Harvester with only an iPad for company
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once saw a guy on our hotel resort in the Dominican Republic who had gone on holiday on his own

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyKent

29th Nov 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

German dude was holidaying on his own in Malta this year. To be fair, he was a nice guy, easy to chat to and he was enjoying the sun - fair play to him.
taylorboosh

29th Nov 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't even go through the drive through alone
corsa120

29th Nov 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never gone to the cinema on my own as ive always had friends/mrs etc but i dont really see a problem with going on your own!!! people who have the problem with somebody goin on their own are probably shallow people anyway pointing it out.

only thing i have done on my own was i went abroad on my motorbike for few days this year into europe but to be honest couple of mates let me down and nearly never went.... however i met some cracking people on my travels so did'nt bother me! ended up doin stelvio pass with guy on his own truly awesome
Dave

29th Nov 12 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
If you have to work away from home (i.e. work sends you to a hotel) then you end up eating alone a lot too. Used to see lots of people at the local Harvester with only an iPad for company

Used to work away a lot, rarely alone though. There is nowhere quite as soul destroying as the pubs attached to Premier Inns/Travelodges. Scores of middle aged blokes drinking alone, never understood why they do it.
taylorboosh

29th Nov 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather pay for WiFi and sit in my room and wank all night

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever been to the cinema on your own? 25 database queries in 0.0149641 seconds