corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Racism. Part 873

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Racism. Part 873
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th Jan 13 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be clear because I can't tell but from the laugh am I to assume you think that post is OK?
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
4th Jan 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer's or mine?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you OK with Hammers.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not for me really to decide what you are offended by Ian. Obviously im not offended by Hammer's reply as im not Scouse and he's said it in a tone which, to me, seemed less than serious and was in no way intended to upset you and IMO no way comparable to a hundred people shouting vile abuse with the sole attempt to upset and cause distress.

I dont for one minute believe you are genuinely upset by what Hammer said, you'll have heard far worse and are intelligent enough to know he wasnt being serious but, say you was, say it really, really got to you, upset you deeply, would you just ignore it, or would you do something about it?
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's going on?!
BarnshaW

4th Jan 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you both agree on the same thing so why are you arguing? you both feel it is wrong and racism in whatever context is unacceptable?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Its not for me really to decide what you are offended by Ian.

On what basis? You can make decisions for the footballer.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
in a tone which, to me, seemed less than serious and was in no way intended to upset you

Really? I read the complete opposite.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Its not for me really to decide what you are offended by Ian.

On what basis? You can make decisions for the footballer.

You've lost me now. What decision did i make for him?

I simply applauded his actions. Racism has been a hotly discussed topic in football recently, with pretty much universal opinion that something needs to be done to eradicate it, yet the authorities continue to show a blase attitude towards it all, probably because no one had yet done anything, other than carry a banner around a ground before a game, to show how much its affecting them.

How do you get someones attention? Do something drastic.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
in a tone which, to me, seemed less than serious and was in no way intended to upset you

Really? I read the complete opposite.

Ok. You should do something about it then if thats how you really feel.
Cavey

4th Jan 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What coverage has this incident had around Europe?

As England is usually the most forthright with their views on racism, I believe we've done the most to eradicate it, and the media is so eager to lambaste everyone and everything (rightly, for once) We obviously all talk about it over here, and debate it. What's happening in the Italian media about it? Any ideas?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know the footballer is offended, why can't you have a position on that post by Hammer?

You don't have to be a black footballer to see why he walked off, so do you need to be me to see whether its acceptable to use me being a scouse as a slur to imply that I've downgraded my life to meet the negative stereotype.

I do find it ridiculous that Hammer can come on here to insult me because of my views and in doing so prove he himself is prejudiced and small-minded and that next to that other people who are all for stamping out prejudice and small-mindedness haven't outright seen it and come out dead against it.

If you're going to have a position on abuse on the basis of background can we at least apply it consistently.

Also - I'm not doing anything about it - I don't need to walk off a football field to demonstrate my objections, I'd far rather give people who are reading the chance to make up their own minds.

All I said was that you can't successfully expect all cases of abuse to end in matches being abandoned.

So obviously that must mean I need to be subject to abuse formed out of prejudice.
Marc

4th Jan 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difference being that Hammer didn't mean it in the context you are taking it. Furthermore, the way people talk/get spoken to in the part of the forum is unique in that banter is both dished out and received. If Cosmo were still alive he would get called the same in pretty much every thread he posted in. I'm pretty sure Sky refer to Liverpool fans as scousers also. There is also a chance that Hamsy has his rod out...
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read hammers as a joke. He didn't do it to push your buttons, where as the Italian fans did it to do exactly that. It's not the same thing in my eyes.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure Ian's point isn't about the use of the word 'scouser'.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So banter and jokes are fine so long as they're directed at scousers?

And BTW, its an insult, read it a few times if you're not clear.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it absolutely bonkers that the same people who are denouncing racism are brushing off a slur on me and my background like its fine.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And furthermore, telling me its fine because I've taken it the wrong way.
Marc

4th Jan 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So banter and jokes are fine so long as they're directed at scousers?

And BTW, its an insult, read it a few times if you're not clear.

In a sport forum (this section I mean) where we have a history of Liverpool fans telling us it it "their season", 5 times - ***** etc and calling Manchester United fans "scum", Celtic and Rangers fans insulting each other in some weird gaelic slang I would say everything is taken in the way it was written.

If the same comments were made in Off Day, General Chat etc I would agree it would not be fine.

We are just lucky there aren't any Hartlepool and Cardiff fans on here.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF

Its OK to insult me because its Sports Day and that's what happens.

What happens when you substitute scouser for monkey and Sports Day for football field, do you change your mind what is OK?

Such staunch views until it doesn't matter to you.
Marc

4th Jan 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There used to by a topped post by Mav which outlined what was acceptable. I think the jist of it said debate could get heated at times and that posts would be treated more as banter between rival fans.

Maybe this section should be moderated more closely
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So to be clear, racism is totally unacceptable and anyone who does it is a thundercunt, except when its in Sports Day in which case its fine, we just need some mods to tidy it up.
Russ

4th Jan 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think that racism is acceptable in here. I'm always shouting at people in here
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well no one has come out against in the nearly three hours since the post I'm talking about.
taylorboosh

4th Jan 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammer you burberry wearing scottish cunt walking around drinking your tennants and getting free dental care..

Apologise to ian.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Racism. Part 873 23 database queries in 0.0136058 seconds