corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car price

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car price
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
25th Mar 13 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bro came back from looking at a new astra VXR and was saying about various amounts of money they have offered him off and kept stating the RRP as if thats the actual price of the car.

I just sat their quite unimpressed with the so called "deals" he had "won" while their. Am sure the guy selling it is like his best mate now.

To me its like buying brushes off a guy that comes to the front door and being dead chuffed that you got 5 brushes for £5 instead of £7.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all very weird, i wasnt entirely comfortable about the situation, even when he'd come down all that way. I still felt like we were having our pants pulled down, even after 3 hours of bullshit

[Edited on 25-03-2013 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like being able to offer a new unregistered car for less than one with 3k on it.

Doesnt add up to me, was thinking the new ones were stolen off the back off a truck somewhere by Toretto

Ben G

25th Mar 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate dealerships too.

we went to a nissan garage to look at a juke, and was in the car test driving it (both me and the missus) within 10 minutes.

ford wanted us to sign a disclamer and put a deposit down on the car before test driving one with the same engine. yeah right

as i'm an employee, they don't bother with the hard sell of the extra crap that you don't need, but the first time i went in i didn't tell them and i go offered all sorts of shit and just kept saying no.

list price is what all the idiots go on. they then come into work and tell you they got 5k off the car and got it at a bargain price, even though that's the normal price they sell for as nothing apart from the exclusive stuff sells for list.
Ben G

25th Mar 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Like being able to offer a new unregistered car for less than one with 3k on it.

Doesnt add up to me, was thinking the new ones were stolen off the back off a truck somewhere by Toretto

new unregistered one adds to their new car sales target. one with 3k on is just a used car which doesn't count.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kept talking about up the depot too, up the depot we have this, up the depot we have that.

Asked if we could see the depot and was denied, this brand new one shes bought is also up the depot. I picture it to be a field full of stolen new cars guarded by a pikey with a dog
3CorsaMeal

25th Mar 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up the depot

Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes exactly like that, bet its dodgy as fuck
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just sales. You should see it all the time working in IT and getting quotes.

Like in front of me now i have 3 quotes all the same spec and differences of nearly 6k
Ben G

25th Mar 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the depot is just where they keep cancelled orders that have been built or where they've bought a bulk load of new ones from the factory, then sell them off as an offer.

both my fiesta and focus have been bought this way. saved quite a lot. it just means you can't have the car to your exact specification if you're picky.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me more about the depot
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Tell me more about the depot

Bruntingthorpe is a depot for some car makes.
3CorsaMeal

25th Mar 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it when you see a 75% discount on stuff at work and members of the public get 10%
dan_m1les

25th Mar 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our depot when I worked for vauxhall was either a farm we rented space on and a disused warehouse in an industrial estate!
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he was trying to baffle me by telling me about everything they had up the depot
mwg

25th Mar 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just waiting for a mate at the depot
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the depot is like the twilight zone, when you enter loads of beardy clones with shit stained pants walking around making cars from scratch out of old metal

Steve
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She picked it up today. When she got to the garage they had wrapped the car up and gave her a bottle of champagne nice touch tbh
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 13 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon they are coming onto your missus mate. Wouldn't stand for that. Quad drone the fuck out the depot.
noshua

26th Mar 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAZ
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

27th Mar 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I reckon they are coming onto your missus mate. Wouldn't stand for that. Quad drone the fuck out the depot.

mwg

27th Mar 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a point, if you want to know what's going on at the depot just fly your bloody drone up there you nob
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know where it is m8
3CorsaMeal

27th Mar 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Backtrace them

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car price 22 database queries in 0.0138800 seconds