corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time Attack 2013 - VX220 - New Remap.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time Attack 2013 - VX220 - New Remap.
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
tbh, i dont really care lol

i think we will have some fun chasing CBH in the s2000 and we will get what ever we get.. next year is about me.. ive had a good 3 years doing this but i want to drive my car now..

U entering ur car in something next year then? I keep fancying entering the van in something cos think it would get noticed for being something different but I just don't have the budget to do it. Would need to spend few k getting van in spec to compete and then there is doing race licence and getting helmet and overalls etc.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 13 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, im going to concentrate just doing trackdays and improving myself as a driver rather than spend all the spare money i have watching someone else drive. dont get me wrong, i love it but i want to do some driving for once
FlamingCorsa

2nd Apr 13 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no, im going to concentrate just doing trackdays and improving myself as a driver rather than spend all the spare money i have watching someone else drive. dont get me wrong, i love it but i want to do some driving for once

That's true it's expensive enough doing f track days a year. Lol

We are at Cadwell this weekend, expect it to cost 100 in fuel for jeep, 100 fuel for van on track, 100 for track day. Ad then anything that needs doing after the track day, tyres are getting bit tired now etc.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 13 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id of come and said hi but i have got plans.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Apr 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
different league in my eyes, plus the s2000 has a sequential gearbox

I'm sure I remember AK mentioning in a thread about either his Impreza or Skyline that he couldn't go sequential because it wasn't allowed in "the bracket". No idea if it was TA or not though.

I imagine sequential boxes are quite influential over a lap, even more so over 1/4 mile etc.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
FlamingCorsa

2nd Apr 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Id of come and said hi but i have got plans.

Is Cadwell near u? It's flipping miles from me! Well prob gonna be 4 hours towing! Hope track is worth the drive. Prob be only time we will do it. Lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 06:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its 2 hours from me.

Its a decent track if conditions are right. I hope you have decent weather.

They coukd do with making some pit garages tho.
AK

3rd Apr 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a sequential in the GTR now, but you arent allowed one in Club.... BUT folk use sequential convertors (ikeaya) on there H pattern dogboxes

The costs for this weekend were eyewatering... mainly due to the fact we had done 600miles before we even left to set off for Cadwell. Fuel alone muct have cost about £600

The budgets in Club Pro do seem to have moved on this year though Most teams with paid Tuner backing (1k a weekend :O ).

I still think our GTR is in the spirit of CLub.... private owned, no backing (no tuner sponsor this year), less power than probably all the club 4wd, and prob heavier too
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We could put the same flappy paddle gearbox in the vx which the white exige uses but its over 10k and just not worth it.
AK

3rd Apr 13 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a wee sample vid when things did work.... in the warmup session whilst Fee was setting up the 4WD and Brake bias

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3tkxUofvyI&feature=share&list=UUaaJwH6SIIuAR039SQevGWw

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the front end is functional but it just don't seem right.
Lee_fr200

3rd Apr 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you ak, I don't agree with works cars with proper professional drivers at the wheel I mean surely a pro driver is worth an extra couple of seconds a lap plus a sequential box must be worth a good second or 2
Ben J

3rd Apr 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell that front end is fugly. But it's a race car so function over form wins.
Simon_16v

3rd Apr 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_1enjzX2dYQ

Would love a go in this!

[Edited on 03-04-2013 by Simon_16v]
Ben J

3rd Apr 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell!
Seany

3rd Apr 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck going through that chicane at 70+
That car has some amazing amount of grip.
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
Fuck going through that chicane at 70+
That car has some amazing amount of grip.

Its actually not that bad a corner, looks daunting as you head over a crest but there's enough camber on the gooseneck there to help you take it at speed. The first corner at Charlie's is what i was most imprssed with, corner tightens up and at speed have seen loads of cars unweight the rear braking hard and oversteered.
antnee

3rd Apr 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First corner is taken at an amazing speed
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell that thing is incredible

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

4th Apr 13 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these 2 are in Fees class...

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=eQdX03qfJO0&start1=3&video2=PqBWh9rBbcE&start2=0&authorName=FAV
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant help but think it would look better with the headlight cut out the otherside too.
Seany

4th Apr 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like the new front on the car, much more purposeful and aggressive looking. The colour suits it to a t aswell.
3CorsaMeal

4th Apr 13 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks dogshit, the colour and styling remind me of 90's maxpower magazines but its not made to look good so i feel ok about saying that

chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says a man who drives a corrado..
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Current points table

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/index.php/championship/2013-04-03-11-38-47/item/63-2013-championship-points-table

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time Attack 2013 - VX220 - New Remap. 23 database queries in 0.0221100 seconds