corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Star silver 1.4 8v automatic - Project over, getting weighed in.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Star silver 1.4 8v automatic - Project over, getting weighed in.
Generation

User status: Offline
21st May 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skim is only about £40..

A lot less than buying another xorsa, why not wait until after your birthday? Don't you have an income? Just confused how you have money for insurance but not a head skim?

[Edited on 21-05-2013 by Generation]
Jonny.N

21st May 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont give up on it mate . Thats all ive done for years when summit goes wrong scrap them. Stick with it. U will get the benifit at the end of it. And its only 50quid to skim the head. I didnt see what engines init but ive got a 1.2 16v auto 5 door here aswell. Engines gubbed. But im not scrapping it. Mines has a hole in the block. Everything else
Is fine. Keep up the work
WukaChop

21st May 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add the other issues too Generation, and that it needs new brakes all around and new rear suspension too for the MOT... I mean it's nothing I can really do myself, I'm no mechanic at all.
I've got a really low income, I have enough to keep the car going with minor repairs, but nothing as major as a head gasket, brakes, suspension, power steering pump, thermostat, water pump, etc.
If I had a full time job and a bit more skill, I wouldn't have given up on it.
I don't even want to scrap it, I'd rather sell it as it's a really nice car, but I need one that runs for work, and I have no way of breaking it as I can't put it anywhere while breaking it.
Jonny, honestly I don't want to scrap it but I REALLY need a running car. It's got a 1.4 SOHC lump in it, I swear to god it's got a carb on it, lol.

In case anyone's interested, I did try to PX it as spares or repair but no one will take it off my hands, on a serious note if anyone wants it...
Jonny.N

21st May 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of that listed above doesnt need a mechanic to do. And if u get stuck stick a thread up in here and someone will help u. At the end of the day everyone needs to start somewhere. Take ur time with it. Dnt scrap it. Work away at it bit by bit. Rome wasnt built in a day. Look at the people on here. Bought standard cars. And now look at them. Few years on etc. Wasnt done over night. A few to name u can read through. Bigron . Generation. Nic barnes. Brosters old one. Warren g . Theres loads of crackers on here. But wasnt build overnight. Keep going with it.
WukaChop

21st May 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's other issues with keeping it too though, like it's all well and good building it up, and honestly I really want to keep it, but it's also affording it all like I said, the fact I need a running car too. In all honesty I'm half considering buying a shitbox to drive for a while and keeping this Corsa and mending it, but I need to find a garage to rent as I've lost mine.
And if that isn't possible, I'd be more inclined to sell it, I'm considering putting up an ad for it actually.

[Edited on 21-05-2013 by WukaChop]
Jonny.N

21st May 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave it outside on the drive etc. N plod away when ye can

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Star silver 1.4 8v automatic - Project over, getting weighed in. 23 database queries in 0.0092971 seconds