corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Expensive looking crash at the Nurburgring today

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Expensive looking crash at the Nurburgring today
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
4th Jun 13 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
If you haven't been to the Ring you really will never understand the appeal. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but I love that place and I wish I could afford to go there more often.

Yea that's true, think I just know that I can't get time off to go over there and know I would not be in financial position for repairs over there if anything went wrong. But sure if I did go and had moneys would enjoy it, just not us as much as uk tracks.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would enjoy 10x more than any UK track
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also regardless of what horror videos you see, as long as you go over there with the right attitude you are unlikely to have an incident. Ensuring your car is well maintained is usually enough.

That doesnt mean to say you cant drive fast, you can but always remain just below your limits.

You can usually tell if someone is going to have an accident by there approach.

Apologies to Graham but im going to use you as an example as you could tell something was waiting to happen there just by some of the pre trip comments, if you look back at the previous forum posts you will find myself and ollie warning him before he went about some of the comments. Im not having a go by singling Graham out and im sure he learnt from it though and would hope he could admit perhaps he was a little over zealous for his first trip out there, im just trying to highlight that if you go with the right attitude you wont get any problems.

[Edited on 04-06-2013 by Steve]
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jun 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is this right attitude that you speak of??

I assume the folk that go over there, go to drive quick and do some quick laps ( hence the reason they like to let every1 know the time they done it in, including yourself).

You could quite easily be driving below your limits, taking as much care as possible, but still have an accident. You can't prevent this by having the "right attitude" that you speak of.
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jun 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, i think the internet is to blame for alot of the hype this place gets. Its like people feel they have to say its like nowhere else etc because others have said it.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go out there trying to chase times, recognise your limits and do a good few laps before you start to push on, is a good start.

In Grahams case there were comments along the lines of admitting he was going to be chasing times and "cant wait to rag the car round the ring" etc etc.

Its no coincidence you can usually pinpoint the accidents waiting to happen.

Of course some accidents are going to happen regardless, Gavs accident was quite a shock, didnt see that coming, but as long as you take care its unlikely, people are taking like they are going to be coming home with a definite bill of several grand.

Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People say its like nowhere else, because it is like nowhere else, in terms of tracks anyway. The internet has nothing to do with any of it.

Name me another 12.1 mile track that is open to public, has the heritage and history with the rest of the surroundings and atmosphere that go with it?

Nath

4th Jun 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internet definitely has had an effect.
mwg

4th Jun 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only in terms of its busyness, its definitely go busier because of it, but the descriptions and hype are usually accurate
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[quote][i]Originally posted by mwg[/i]
[img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3000100-high_horse.jpg[/img] [/quote]

Nobody is trying to pretend they are better than anyone else here, im sure Graham would offer the same advice. Its good advice if you dont want a massive bill.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact it would probalby be better if the internet hadnt got involved. Perhaps the prices wouldnt be so high and it be so busy.

Thats the only bad thing about it, its generaly quite expensive, lap prices etc and on popular days its very busy
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jun 13 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i agree that if you go and drive like a loony there is more chance of having an accident. But most folk if not all, treat it as a track so drive quicker than what they would do on the public roads. Regardless of what attitude you have, you are still going to drive quicker and increase the chances of having an off even if you are taking care. Its still a very high risk.

You can't just say yeah you will be fine if you have the right attitude.

[Edited on 04-06-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Internet definitely has had an effect.

The Internet has done that to everything
jr

4th Jun 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Name me another 12.1 mile track that is open to public,

12.93 miles

#Internet
3CorsaMeal

4th Jun 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of steered into it imo, would of been fine
Paul_J

4th Jun 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
If you haven't been to the Ring you really will never understand the appeal. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but I love that place and I wish I could afford to go there more often.

Exactly! I've just got back and didn't even take my car this time and had a brilliant time! There's something about the whole area / place that's great. People who've never been obviously don't understand this.

As a side note, when I have taken my car - I've never had the cost of armco etc even cross my mind... I have no intentions to crash over there, drive within your limits and do track days before you go so you know how to drive your car on the limit imo.
shaned12345

4th Jun 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/IfHJCv_S6iI

Well that corner puts me off

[Edited on 04-06-2013 by shaned12345]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That corners not too bad really, certainly not the worst

gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch.

I just got taken the office and got out the credit card.
I still like going but am not into the driving myself anymore as its always in the back of my mind. but for a week away with mates its hard to beat.

do they charge for deer?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Graham88

4th Jun 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't single me out then writes 2 paragraphs analysing my accident, were you there Steve?

I crashed because of lack of track knowledge, I hit the left of the crest in a heavy Mazda with standard suspension, even now I doubt you'd be able to do that. I now know that you can take the crest flat aslong as you stay right, that's what I learned.
Yes it has given me respect but only because I don't want to pay out for those repairs again, my driving style isn't different to any other track nor was it on that day.
Yes I went out to rag my car round the track, what do you go there for, take in the scenery?

These are ridiculous comments from someone who does sessions at shows.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand why you get so waspy about it every time

What has my track activities got to do with it?

Fact remains is that I had been there twice before so was in a good position to understand the place, tried to advise on your first trip it was a bad idea acting like the way you were talking, you didnt listen and crashed.

I think its a perfect example to use, theres no need to get defensive about it, I was in no way criticising you or blaming you I was just recalling a series of events. I wouldnt wish what happened to you on anyone, and I wasnt trying to have a go.

I think you assume I take some delight in you crashing or something.

Graham88

4th Jun 13 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was 3 years ago and time & time again you bring it up. I have no problem with the crash, I was smiling on the day & with the help from Tony I was back out the next day and loving the place still. Oh & I still drove fast. And I still love the place as much as my first trip. I think my general attitude towards the whole scenario is a good thing as it shows other people that it's still an awesome place despite what I went through.

So you are taking my words on an Internet forum to blame the crash then?
Maybe next time ill put "yeah, going to the Ring, not really excited about taking my car round I'm just there to visit the Castle and eat Pinochios so I can put a cool internet post on Corsasport when I get home"

Would you have then accepted that my reason behind crashing is feasible?

Your track activities has everything to do with it. If I started commenting on how to control your drone even though I've only flown a little indoors one, you'd be a bit peeved at my input.

Lets not forget Steve that you have left the track on at least one occasion, just because you didn't hit anything makes no odds, you just got lucky in respect of it not costing anything. I could start turning around and saying your Internet attitude stinks and caused your off but I'm not, because I couldn't give 2 shits what you do or don't do
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your attitude is spot on, I dont think it was the best when you hadnt been thats all.

dont forget ollie was warning you too so it wasnt just me that picked up on it
mwg

4th Jun 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fvUFWrqfd-c

[img]http://f.cl.ly/items/0s00352M3v2l1n3g222M/Image%202013.06.04%2009.06.56.jpeg

shit your pants moment

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Expensive looking crash at the Nurburgring today 23 database queries in 0.0262742 seconds