corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving small modified cars at (nearly) 30.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving small modified cars at (nearly) 30.
BenC1985

User status: Offline
7th Jun 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa is far from bodykitted. And i suppose it depends on your job. I work as a labourer so it would be a waste me having a nice 10k audi or beemer or something as it would get wrecked.
BeetleGav

7th Jun 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I'll ever have an unmodified car, even if I have 3 kids or something in the future. I'll still have a modified people carrier like a vw touran lowered on some bbs.
AK

7th Jun 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben - i wasnt asking you directly Just a point to consider.
Corsa_Sport21

7th Jun 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
My corsa is far from bodykitted. And i suppose it depends on your job. I work as a labourer so it would be a waste me having a nice 10k audi or beemer or something as it would get wrecked.

Not really. You seem to take good care of your Corsa, Keep it clean and tidy etc, you could easily do the same with a £10k Audi or Beemer.
BenC1985

7th Jun 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wanna see it now. Its minging. I pulled a muscle in my back the weekend i spemt ages cleaning my car and it hasent been done for two weeks since.lol Plus id rarher put that sort of money into a house tbh. Ive got savings plus the sale of my car but id rsther keep saving and get a house and have a shitty corsa.
mwg

7th Jun 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 28 and I drive a grey car with black wheels, a red roof, red wing mirrors and black and red bonnet stripes.
3CorsaMeal

7th Jun 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm 28 and I drive a grey car with black wheels, a red roof, red wing mirrors and black and red bonnet stripes.

Could be a top of the range porsche from that description or a gulfies car.
mwg

7th Jun 13 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a Porsche
DaveyLC

7th Jun 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a small car, but its not modified: Its a Smart ForTwo and I use it for driving into London when I need to (great for nipping in & out of the traffic plus it costs next to nothing to run) but I do feel a bit of a dick driving it

It also gets me into the odd road-rage situation because most other drivers see a SmartCar and straight away want to be in front of it... Thankfully I've got the 60hp version so its got a little bit of go in it and I tend to put my foot down when some ignorant c**t (in what is usually a BMW or Audi) tries to cut me up.

Only on Wednesday I had some fat-fucker in an A6 try it on and get all eggy with me because I wouldn't let him cut me up on a round-a-bout (when he was clearly in the wrong lane) and the next set of lights he was shouting "wanker" out of the window so I thought I'd go and see what all the fuss was about...

..Sad little man locked his doors and wound up window when a 6'2" skin-head got out of the smart and proceeded to try and open his car door.
3CorsaMeal

7th Jun 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it Ben G?
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Pretty pathetic life people live if they are concerned about what the neighbours think of their car lol. Idiots.

More peer groups and work colleugues, altthough it's a daft statement really if you look at it deeply as everyone is bothered to some extent about their image as if not they'd live in the cheapest most practical clothes, cut their own hair and not care what anything looked like, which is nobody on here.

You haven't seen me then.

I have a van for work, so I only need a car for when I'm at home, so I might as well have something fun to drive, I've had nice cars in the past, but most were pretty boring, also before starting my project I looked at, and test drove Audi's but, knew I'd get fed with it after a bit.
Nic Barnes

7th Jun 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see thats what i reckon. there is no point buying a car so you can fit in with your neighbours like an audi, that will be boring to drive. may as well buy something fun. and have fun. sod what your neighbours think. if thats the most important thing, then your life must be shite.
Carl

7th Jun 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
see thats what i reckon. there is no point buying a car so you can fit in with your neighbours like an audi, that will be boring to drive. may as well buy something fun. and have fun. sod what your neighbours think. if thats the most important thing, then your life must be shite.

You are just adding new bits into mix here for your own point, nobody said that was the most important thing anywhere down the line.
Ben G

7th Jun 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to my neighbours, i'll have to get rid of my car when I have a kid.

Unsure why. Suppose they mean you have to give up on life and buy a rusty mk4 fiesta with black wheel trims.
Nic Barnes

7th Jun 13 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You are just adding new bits into mix here for your own point, nobody said that was the most important thing anywhere down the line.
so why not keep drving a car you want? no matter what age?
taylorboosh

7th Jun 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
According to my neighbours, i'll have to get rid of my car when I have a kid.

Unsure why. Suppose they mean you have to give up on life and buy a rusty mk4 fiesta with black wheel trims.

Not so bad in your case because you have a second car, however, there will be a time you want to take the family out in your "nice" car
mattk

7th Jun 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car doesn't suit my age, don't really care. Keep getting aske if its my dads
taylorboosh

7th Jun 13 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt that the opposite of what this threads about
tom130691
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
My car doesn't suit my age, don't really care. Keep getting aske if its my dads

same as live lee and his jag
Carl

7th Jun 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

so why not keep drving a car you want? no matter what age?

Do I want it if i'm doubting the image I believe it is giving out? If it was the most important thing then this wouldn't be an issue as i'd have solved it by selling it and getting something else. Clearly its not that important, and i don't care that much or I wouldn't have purchased a piss coloured yaris in the first place would I.
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im nearly 41 and drive corsa's. got a van from work so the corsa's are just for weekends and for fun as project cars. I love small cars. don't even clock up 4k miles a year in all 3 corsa's put together, had a Vectra and cavaliers in the past but the corsa's are much more fun and just as good every day.
Graham88

7th Jun 13 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really depends what you mean by small modified car to be honest. As far as I'm concerned I'll always have a car I can tinker with. I tinker with my daily drive Diesel Astra Estate and that's the most boring car ever...

quote:
Originally posted by John
Modified cars at 30 is definitely weird.

What a ridiculously open statement.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll always modify my cars purely because I enjoy tinkering with them. Most of the people I work with love fiddling with cars and we're all sorts of ages.

[Edited on 07-06-2013 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsa120

8th Jun 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't give a shit what people think and if people do have a opinion id usually be more inclined to think there jealous or don't really have much going on in there own life hence the reason they feel the need to take the piss...

I will admit if I see a 45 year old driving a combat kitted corsa I would have an opinion but it would me along the lines of that's an unusual sight really not that he's a cunt, anything can be an unusual sight really.

what makes me laugh the most id your not allowed in society eyes to drive a combat kitted corsa at 30 but you are at 29, and you are not allowed to drive a combat kitted corsa but you can drive a lowered Scooby with dump valve and big gay wing and you are now awesome, don't make no sense whatsoever a car is a car end of the day.

im 30 and I drive a dc5 integra type r, but im looking for a c20let corsa to use for track use so guess id fall into the category as weirdo on the way to circuit when I get one!!
Ben G

8th Jun 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's all it really boils down to, corsa120. they have nothing going on in their lives so have to pass judgement on others.

do what you want, it's your life to live.

YOLO etc.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving small modified cars at (nearly) 30. 23 database queries in 0.0174661 seconds