corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geordie bouncer bashing the crap out of someone.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Geordie bouncer bashing the crap out of someone.
psycho sport

User status: Offline
14th Oct 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, peoples views of bouncers is shocking! I think to be honest its easier to stereo type than to actual get to know them and then pass judgement.

I ve spent 8 years working as a 'bouncer' and funnily enough the people who come and talk to you and get a bit of banter going will have a positive image of doormen. Its the people and the number has massively increased over the years, that have a chip on their shoulder. They believe we are just mugs on the door standing in the way of their right to enter the bar or club and how dare we stop people, ID them, greet them with a hello, turn them away or indeed make our presence known to them.

Most bar staff, ticket takers, glass collectors, other doorman, managers etc will i m sure talk highly of the guys working on the door. Thats because they have taken the time to speak to them, get to know them!

The vast majority of doormen i ve worked along side will say the same as me...
"i dont want to refuse entry to any one, i dont want to throw any one out of the venue, i dont want to actually have to work for my money!"

Doorman come from all walks of life and all they are interested in is keeping safe and at the end of their shift going home to their families.

As for commenting on the video, well the doorman was probably feeling threatened for his own personal safety and acted accordingly. He neutralised the aggressor therefore taking away the threat.

Its a shame the whole situation leading up to the start of that video wasn't recorded.
corsa king

15th Oct 13 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That should be his audition for WWE! Bulk up with some steroids, wear some awful short shorts and boom there's the new Batista
Rob_Quads

15th Oct 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO he went way too far. It was obvious that the other guy was not going to manage to really hurt him as he was so pissed and all over the place so the bouncer should have been able to "neutralise" him without doing that.

I don't understand why the other bouncer did not assist him and then he could have been restrained and calmed down

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by Rob_Quads]
LeeM

15th Oct 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our doormen are sound, hard bastards and can be a bit arsey at times but overall always dead friendly.
however ive seen them be a lot more excessive to the point ive thought theyve well overstepped the mark, like anyone they can get carried away.
LeeM

15th Oct 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but everyone sayin the guy in the vid should have just pinned him, then what? no ones gonna come in and count the other guy out hes just going to keep fighting back
Rob_Quads

15th Oct 13 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calm him down, talk to him, get him to relax. All those techniques that don't involve knocking some-one out.

If he continues then yes you call the police and they assist.
John

15th Oct 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan of bouncers but lol at talk to him. If you pick a fight with a big hard guy you should expect to get knocked out.
JonnyJ

15th Oct 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arent they supposed to be trained in restraining people? Isnt that the idea to get behind them getting these licences to be able to operate on the doors?

Genuine question btw as i dont know the ins and outs.

If they are trained to restrain people them they should be able to do that, safely. Nurses are trained to do it and half of them are ten times smaller than some folk they are dealing with, compared to bouncers where its usually the opposite.

Most bouncers dont work alone, there was two of them there, they could have easily held him down until he either calmed down or the police came to deal with him. Thats called being professional and doing your job properly.

Dont get this, "neutralising a threat" either, they are doormen and its one drunk guy, they are not in the SAS taking out a fucking terrorist ffs

Unfortunately theres far too many thugs who just want to break some bones instead of doing their job professionally.
JonnyJ

15th Oct 13 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If you pick a fight with a big hard guy you should expect to get knocked out.

That doesnt make what he did right. Does been "big and hard" give him the right to assault anyone he doesnt like? As i say, hes meant to be a professional, hes meant to know how to deal with people like that without putting them in intensive care. This would be different if it was just a random guy starting on a random guy in the street.

BTW no one has still answered my point that we have no idea what made the guy want to kick off at the bouncer. I take it we have just decided that this video shows all there is to it?
John

15th Oct 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are bigger and harder then yes, you can assault whoever you want.
JonnyJ

15th Oct 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool new law bro
big eck

15th Oct 13 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wee twat deserved it. This "he's half the bouncers size" talk has fuck all to do with it either. Size means nothing when in a fight. All it takes is someone to land a punch no matter there size and it'll put them on there back. He obviously thought he was hard enough to square up to the bouncer in the first place. Do you really think he wouldn't have done the same given half a chance.

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by big eck]
JonnyJ

15th Oct 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would like to see the part of a bouncers job description which says "fight with punters"

As i seem to keep having to repeat, its his job, to deal with drunk people like this, professionally, and that doesnt mean putting them in hospital, unless he thought his life was in danger, and i will lol hard if people say that it was, it was 2 on 1 and one was drunk. Not even just that, he didnt even threaten the bouncer, his stood about 4 feet from him with his fists up 'OH SHIT THIS GUY MEANS BUISNESS BEST KILL HIM BEFORE HE KILLS ME' Not a swing, a punch, a kick, or even getting in his face

His mate didnt help him because he thought it would be funny to see someone get dropped and seriously injured, because thats the cuntish attitude bouncers seem to have.

PS Eck, how did he "deserve" it, i assume you know the full story about why he was squaring up to him, or like others are you just guessing from a video which shows all of 3 seconds of build up?

The guy might have been a cunt, who knows, but its the bouncers JOB to deal with people like this, he is meant to act professionally.

Again, if this was just 2 people in the street, its a different story and I'd lean more towards the "if you're going to start on a big guy, expect to get hurt" but its not.
Corsa_Sport21

15th Oct 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also looked like the bouncer tried to go for the other guy 1st, nothing "professional" about that.
corb

15th Oct 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've pissed off bouncers in the past. Well known fact that I used to be a prick when drunk. Luckily the worst I had was a couple of elbows to the face, being carried out battering ram style whilst biting the bouncer in the bollocks. In all fairness, I deserved what I got, possibly worse tbh, I was being a dick.

Pick a fight with a doorman - expect a kicking. Isn't that a generally accepted rule???
Ben G

15th Oct 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
99% of bouncers are wankers in my experience who only get into the job so they can have a few fights. Usually roided up down and out losers.

Wouldnt surprise me at all to find out the bouncer did something to wind the guy up on purpose so he could have an excuse to batter him.

Exactly this.

My friends brother was a doorman for a while and said the same. He did the same iirc. He's quite a large man also

Ignore the thong

big eck

15th Oct 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't need to know the full story. If someone squared up to me regardless if its a bouncer or joe bloggs off the street and they meant to do me harm then you've simply got 2 options. Either walk away ignoring them or take a chance of a beating. The guy obviously thought he had a fair chance of holding his own and it simply wasn't the case. You can clearly see in the vid he approached the bouncer with his fists raised ready for a fight.

I wonder if you'd react the same Jonny if the roles were reversed and the wee guy knocked the bouncer out. I very much doubt it.

JonnyJ

15th Oct 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've completely missed my point again.

Its the bouncers job to deal with it in a far better way than he did, why did he need to smash his head into the concrete? Because he had his fists up? Have a word. He needed to nearly kill the guy, because he had his fists up? He could've easily broken his neck/back. He had a mate with him, why didnt they just get him on the floor, and either calm him or hold him to till the police sorted it out? Because he had a roid rage moment, lost his head and failed to carry out his job professionally, like most bouncers do. Its his job to keep a cool head in these situations and deal with them accordingly. Lets not forget he also takes the first swing, he instigates the fight, he shouldnt be starting fights, he should be stopping them.

If the roles were reversed the guy would be rightly up for a GBH/assault charge and rightly so. Its not about a big guy hitting a small guy, its about a so called professional completely failing to do his job properly and using his job as an excuse to knock people about.

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by JonnyJ]
Jamie-C

15th Oct 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off course it's excessive force, don't see police restraining someone in that manner do you?
JonnyJ

15th Oct 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Off course it's excessive force, don't see police restraining someone in that manner do you?

Well this is my point, you'd be sacked on the spot unless the person was threatening your life.

People seem to be confusing whats acceptable in a street brawl between two people and whats acceptable between a guy and a professional doing their job.

If you have a fight with a random is the street, anythings fair game, so long as your willing to accept the consequences of your actions.

But a bouncer is employed to deal with fights, drunks, aggressive people in a safe and controlled manner. Hes paid to keep his head when someone gets aggressive and restrain them until they either calm down or the authorities deal with them, thats why they tend to be big fuckers and work in pairs, so they can keep someone under control if need be. They are NOT paid to lose their head at the first sign of someone getting aggressive and slam heads off concrete.

Can you imagine the state of a town on a sunday morning if every bouncer reacted like this twat everytime someone thought they were ten men? Bodies everywhere
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Oct 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a right sour opinion of bouncers, I've seen some absolute cunts in my time just acting the hardman, particularly when some impressionable birds are around. I'm the least confrontational guy ever, even when drunk and I've never been involved in "trouble" with a bouncer, but I've seen them overreact to other people before - on a few occasions.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
big eck

15th Oct 13 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jonny I get the feeling you were either beaten badly by a bouncer or bullied at school. I'm not taking the piss out of you btw I'm genuinely interested as your jumping to this guys defence without even knowing the full story yourself.

So what your saying is if it was 2 random guys slugging it out and the same thing happened then its just one if those things in a fight but because he's a bouncer its out of order??

JonnyJ

16th Oct 13 at 04:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been beaten by a bouncer as I don't give them the opportunity. Have had a few mates been kicked about by a few though including one who was taken "somewhere there wasn't any cctv"so that could give him a kicking without a feat of getting sacked.

And yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, how is that hard to grasp? Do you think bouncers should have free reign to use any force they wish on people? Dangerous precedent that, you're saying bouncers should have the right to use more force than the police?!

I don't get how you can't see that he's meant to keep his head in these situations, it's nothing to do with someone getting beat up.

And btw I'm not jumping to anyone's defence, not once have i defended the guy getting dropped, because like everyone else, I havent a clue why he was squaring up to him, so im not going to attempt to guess as to whether or not wanting to fight the bouncer was warranted, he might have just fancied a go thinking he was ten men, the bouncer might have raped his mum, no one knows. I'm criticising the way the bouncer(s) handled it. I.E. like thugs and very poorly.

Nice "was i bullied comment" too Not got a clue why that would make a difference like. Yet again you appear to be confused as to the point im making, which is that i dont give a fuck whether the guy getting dropped is 4 stone wet through midget or a 7ft, 30 stone meat head. His job means dealing with aggressive folk, he is going to encounter them every single night. Its his job to keep his cool and not lash out, and if someone does become physically threatening towards him, then to restrain him in a safe and controlled manner until they've either calmed down or the police come to deal with him.

The only situation where you could justify his actions would be if he felt his life was threatened. It wasnt, there was two of them, bouncing the guys head off the concrete was not the action he should've taken. Silly bouncer.

[Edited on 16-10-2013 by JonnyJ]
baza31

16th Oct 13 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing fo sho they don't half shag some sluts
3CorsaMeal

16th Oct 13 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely he was just seeing how bouncy the guy was. Isn't it their job?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geordie bouncer bashing the crap out of someone. 23 database queries in 0.0161200 seconds