corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whos heard of the Police Reform Act 2002?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whos heard of the Police Reform Act 2002?
Tiger

User status: Offline
9th May 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Romford Astra
At the end of the day if you feel what the officer did was wrong then you can appeal and it goes to court........but if they have good reason you'll have even more money to pay out.

Like they'd believe even an innocent young driver with a modded car over a fed......
Claire

9th May 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know for a fact that a few colleagues of mine have removed three cars belonging to people aged over 40 I think the youngest was.

None so far have been under that age.

(cant comment on why they were removed so dont ask)

Why did they take the cars?

- joke
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not out in the sticks of geordie land you wont.
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
At the end of the day if you feel what the officer did was wrong then you can appeal and it goes to court........but if they have good reason you'll have even more money to pay out.

Like they'd believe even an innocent young driver with a modded car over a fed......

been done before. The defence will look at the officers PNB and break it down bit by bit.
Claire

9th May 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not out in the sticks of geordie land you wont.

Thats slander! (kindof - ok so its not but its nasty )

Your friendly geordi
Claire
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pumagirl - please read posts above??? this'll answer ur question
Claire

9th May 03 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
pumagirl - please read posts above??? this'll answer ur question

it was a joke
Tiger

9th May 03 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:

been done before. The defence will look at the officers PNB and break it down bit by bit.

Ok but theres gotta be a 50:1 ratio of innocent people that get done coz the copper has a good tongue.

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by Tiger]
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, police officers are very bad in court, and the defence obviously get paid to try and break up an officers evidence. Thats why they go for the officers PNB.

Cases most of the time come to court 18 months later and the officer will never remeber any of it. The PNB is the only eveidence they have and if its not fully entered then it will be torn to pieces.
Claire

9th May 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats a PNB?
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pocket Note Book.

sorry Police jargon.
Tiger

9th May 03 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 months? thats a joke - person might not even be around in 18 months and if they expect someone to wait around and put their life on hold til one court case then they know that most cases will be dropped for the sheer amount of time it takes to get there..

They've got us by the bollocks really.
Trotty

9th May 03 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pocket Note Book.

sorry Police jargon.

Yes, jargon for lil notepad from WHSmith
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the officer who arrested me ( I was cleared on all counts) retired between arresting me and the court case almost 12 months later.
He caused me a miserable year, due to the fact taht he really couldnt contimplate the simplicity of the case. Neway in court he almost had a heart attack - the moral of the story..............
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.......Police Officers dont have a good tongue in court
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this one didnt have a good heart by the looks of it - and what gets me is he comes into the pub I work in all the time - drinks a skinful and then drives hoem - but he used to go to the pub and sit outside nicking drink drivers - one rule for them another for the rest of us???
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one rule for some and another for civivlians....agree with that.

but dont tarnish all police with the same brush.
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not, but i ( not to sound corny) had a year of my life foOKed up by the police. I decided not to opt for ne form of compensation, although false arrest, imprisonment; simple compensation and a few other things actually could have ammounted to a substantial ammount. ( Im not that way inclined)

However I wont get that year back, I messed up exams because of it, had a shit summer when I could have gone away with mates - I had to miss it cause of bail conditions. and numerous other downfalls.

however I do not tarnish all police officers with the same brush, but u urself have to admit that very few police officers left nowadays can be qualified as being a good bobby
Romford Astra

9th May 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, wont agree to that atall.

for the 120,000 odd officers in England and Wales there is a very small minority that are "bad Bobbies" as you call them.

How many times have you remembered a good officer who has let you off compared to the officers that have really got your back up.

People moan about things that go wrong, but never things that go right.
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

none, cause I dont get into trouble usually. I am from a small closeknit community and the only time I have come into contact with a police officer ( who was not a relative or schools liason) I got arrested and treated like absoloute shit., by sevearl officers or maybe more.

and second to that point, a spate of burgalries happened in our village, every1 knew who did it and there was lots of evidence ( damning at that) against him . dna samples fingerprints, and what happened.......lets see nothing, so in the end a group of locals told the police that they had one further day to do something about b4 they took it upon themselves. In the end the lad got a good beating and definately wont do it again.....but the blokes who dished out justice got criminal records for it

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by LiVe LeE]
Adam_lee

9th May 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U cant blame the police force, there hands are tied. Its the fuckin polititions that are cunts!! they write the rules and sit in there posh fucking country houses where crime is something that happens miles away with the rest of the riff raff. Maybe if it was on there doorstep they would WAKE UP. DO Gooders are another problem! If someone rapes and murders a young girl or something, there is always one wanker who will say that it isent really the offender's fault. That he had a troubled upbringing and its the society's fault" or some equal amount of SHit!.

There are a bunch of little pricks that steel cars and drive them to the girls school were my mam works. They pull handbreaks and dounuts and piss up the walls to get a rise out the girls. Call the police and what do they do about it ??? Fuck all!!!! For one bent reason or another they let em drive of in the stolen car cos there under15??? What bullshit is this???? And you know why? cos some wanker politition said the police cant touch em! I fuckin hate this country!!

And you know what the copper goes and does then? he vents his fustration on an inocent young driver and books him for something petti. Just cos he stood out from the croud with a nice car.

The hole system sucks. I am going to Aus.
Scott M

12th May 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Public Order Act applied to cars this one.

Good idea but I think there will need to be some boundaries set for officers as you are bound to get a few that are heavy handed, have seen this with Public Order offences.
Ojc

12th May 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

W@nkers.
m4tt_c

12th May 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you have word with your mates and ask them to let me off
Ojc

12th May 03 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I be cheeky and ask you to "touch my bum?"

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whos heard of the Police Reform Act 2002? 22 database queries in 0.0222330 seconds