corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eCigs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eCigs
LeeM

User status: Offline
11th Jan 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres nothing proving they're safe, but theres also been a multitude of tests trying to prove they're unsafe and as yet theres nothing to suggest they cause any harm at all. all the ingredients in the juices are GRAS and are included in many other things consumed by lots of people daily.
yeah, still addicted to nicotine but there 1000's of other harmful chemicals in cigarettes, of which many are more addictive than the nicotine its self.

heres some of mine, not bothered what anyone has to say about it because i don't smoke anymore, i haven't in over 6 months after smoking over 10 years and i feel so much healthier its great. so if i look a dick in some peoples eyes, at least I'm not killing myself anymore.

John

11th Jan 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely look like a complete wanker smoking that in public, probably better taking the cancer risk.
Brett
Premium Member

11th Jan 14 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evilrob
Premium Member

11th Jan 14 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You appear to have accidentally posted a photo of some marital aids above the one of your ecigs.
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not so much what's in them that would worry me atm, more the fact one exploded in someone's mouth, causing severe injury.
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
It's not so much what's in them that would worry me atm, more the fact one exploded in someone's mouth, causing severe injury.

#dailymail

By extension of this logic you should stop using all electronic devices immediately - for every electronic device there's an 'it blew up, IN MY FACE' story:

iPad Air explodes in shop
BlackBerry explodes, sets fire to boys bed
Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes, burns teenager
iPhone 5 explodes - scratches woman's eyeball
iPhone charger explodes - in the vague direction OF A BABY OMFG
Dell laptops could explode AT ANY MINUTE!!!!11!!!eleven

[Edited on 12-01-2014 by evilrob]
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No actually, it's not daily mail at all. They're banned within the NHS for that very reason. All electrical appliances have the potential to explode and cause injury. None of the ones you posted spend all of their time in your mouth. My laptop could explode in my face and I'd possibly have time to Shield it with my arms/hands. Not even remotely similar.

[Edited on 12-01-2014 by Shell]
Dave

12th Jan 14 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might not be Daily Mail but it's definitely H&S bullshit. Iirc they banned them because they could ignite clothing or bedding and it's not the whole NHS.

What's the NHS stance on electric toothbrushes?
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
All electrical appliances have the potential to explode and cause injury.

I agree - hence the links to various Daily Mail 'articles' demonstrating this.

quote:
None of the ones you posted spend all of their time in your mouth.

Neither does an eCig - which, unless you previously had a 60-a-day habit, will spend most of its life held in a hand away from the face in between puffs, in a pocket not in use, or in a drawer not in use, or on a desk not in use, or plugged in being charged.

quote:
My laptop could explode in my face and I'd possibly have time to Shield it with my arms/hands. Not even remotely similar.

That's a different argument; what you've done here is known as a 'straw man fallacy'; this is where you replace one argument with a superficially similar, but materially different argument. I wasn't saying that an exploding laptop was similar to an exploding eCig - what I was saying (and it seems you agree) is that all electrical devices have the potential to explode - although it happens so infrequently that when it does occur, it is considered 'news' (by some publications).

If you do want to go down that road, I would argue that a mobile phone carries a higher risk of causing injury to the general public in the event of an explosion vs. an eCig. In the case of a video call or playing a game, the device would be held in front of the face (with potential for damage to the eyes) or in a normal call to the side of the head (with potential for damage to the inner ear). There are not only more mobile phones in circulation, but each of those devices spends considerably more time in use throughout the day for longer consecutive periods of time (like a not-unusual half hour phone call or a round of the latest must-have DrawAngrySongBirdsCandyPopCrushSomething game for example) - therefore a much greater window of opportunity for disaster.

However, my point is that electrical devices don't typically explode, and therein lies my issue with your original post. It doesn't matter whether or not an exploding eCig is, in anyone's opinion, more or less dangerous than any other exploding electrical device - the fact is, it will probably never happen to you or anyone else you know.

C2RL R

12th Jan 14 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just a heating coil and some non flammable liquid. Granted the battery part could "explode" but you would hardly notice. It's not like you're sucking dynamite.
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oft! Someone who can't hold an arguement without being condescending! Now there's a rarity in the land of CS!
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.cbsnews.com/news/electronic-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-mouth-causes-serious-injuries/

Hardly bias free and not exactly educated and accredited reporting but there you go. Sorely disappointed it isn't by dailymail though My main source of information has let me down. The bastards.
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell (paraphrased)
I don't have a valid arguement (sic) so I'm going to moan about the manner in which I just had my ass handed to me instead
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob pal, it would help if you didn't ruin the fun and delete your massively rude and condescending post
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
www.cbsnews.com/news/electronic-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-mouth-causes-serious-injuries/

Hardly bias free and not exactly educated and accredited reporting but there you go. Sorely disappointed it isn't by dailymail though My main source of information has let me down. The bastards.

Just for a laugh, DM's take on it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101565/Tom-Holloway-suffers-horrific-burns-exploding-electronic-cigarette-knocks-teeth.html

My favourite part is this sentence:

ALL of his teeth? Really, Daily Mail?

Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not against e cigs btw So whilst your arguement was pretty well thought out, it's a bit pointless. I was just making a simple (and factual) statement. People can take from it what they will. I don't smoke or care enough to come up with some big tirade about why they shouldn't exist
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
It's just a heating coil and some non flammable liquid. Granted the battery part could "explode" but you would hardly notice. It's not like you're sucking dynamite.

No m8, its rly srsly u guys [dailyshell]one exploded in someone's mouth, causing severe injury.[/dailyshell]
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tommy

12th Jan 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
theres nothing proving they're safe, but theres also been a multitude of tests trying to prove they're unsafe and as yet theres nothing to suggest they cause any harm at all. all the ingredients in the juices are GRAS and are included in many other things consumed by lots of people daily.
yeah, still addicted to nicotine but there 1000's of other harmful chemicals in cigarettes, of which many are more addictive than the nicotine its self.

heres some of mine, not bothered what anyone has to say about it because i don't smoke anymore, i haven't in over 6 months after smoking over 10 years and i feel so much healthier its great. so if i look a dick in some peoples eyes, at least I'm not killing myself anymore.

Lee what are those kits and which ones do you use the most. Do you get your liquid from the same place every time ?
SVM 286

12th Jan 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
its causing her no harm
Has this been proved yet?

Compare inhaling a mix of nicotine and vegetable glycerin / propylene glycol to the batch of chemicals you get from a cigarette e.g. arsenic, cyanide's etc. I'm sure you'll find the risks are much lower indeed.

Propylene glycol is used (diluted) in pink antifreeze. I'm not sure if want to fill my lungs with that.

Good for cold weather use though Robin.
SVM 286

12th Jan 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, that's a fucking awesome light sabre collection you have there Lee
LeeM

12th Jan 14 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top pic is (from left to right) a provari mini with a kayfun lite, then a jm22 mech mod with a kayfun lite, provari with kayfun lite and a vamo with a taifun gt.
second pic is a bagua with an a7oid, and a standard ego battery with an a7oid.

i use the bagua for when I'm out and about, the provari and jm when I'm at home. i make my juice myself at home
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
top pic is (from left to right) a provari mini with a kayfun lite, then a jm22 mech mod with a kayfun lite, provari with kayfun lite and a vamo with a taifun gt.
second pic is a bagua with an a7oid, and a standard ego battery with an a7oid.

i use the bagua for when I'm out and about, the provari and jm when I'm at home. i make my juice myself at home

That's some serious $$$ you've spent there! I've got just the one ProVari, a Cobra genesis atomiser and an Odyssey dual-coil cartomiser tank (although I don't use this since getting the Cobra) and I thought that was excessive enough!

LeeM

12th Jan 14 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only spent the money i would have spent on fags really, probably less.
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've only spent the money i would have spent on fags really, probably less.

Touché.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eCigs 22 database queries in 0.0180831 seconds