corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So a lad I know had a little off this weekend

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So a lad I know had a little off this weekend
antnee

User status: Offline
31st Mar 14 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the comments in here.

Major safety issue with a pile of rubble on the inside of a corner, if the MSA knew about that any race meeting would have been cancelled, TBH I'm not sure why the TDO didn't cancel it.
Well done Daimo for taking the time to send in your opinion, sometimes people need a different perspective when working on a project and that might make a difference. More people should take the time to help others.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Mar 14 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee

Major safety issue with a pile of rubble on the inside of a corner, if the MSA knew about that any race meeting would have been cancelled, TBH I'm not sure why the TDO didn't cancel it.
Well done Daimo for taking the time to send in your opinion, sometimes people need a different perspective when working on a project and that might make a difference. More people should take the time to help others.

Carefull what your saying mate. John D silva track elite will be all over you for that
taylorboosh

31st Mar 14 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never once said i was elite?

I said his drawing made him look like a spastic..

Then you wading in billy big balls hoping this and that ect - yet dont go on track
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Mar 14 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it matter that I don't go on track?

If I had said it would be good because of the entry speed and turn in point doesn't mate the run off and blah blah blah insert technical words here. Then it would matter. But seeing as I'm saying it would be good just to show you cunts up. It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

So I don't get why you keep mentioning the fact that I don't go on track?
Graham88

1st Apr 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't imagine many other tracks allowing a trackday to run with that pile. Also daimos idea is pretty spot on said have thought you would want to prevent the risk of people spinning into oncoming traffic, which could potentially happen at present
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 14 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Then you wading in billy big balls hoping this and that ect - yet dont go on track

Your Billy Big Balls threshold is quite low if that qualifies.

I get the impression that the hope they implemented Daimo's idea was a direct response to people ripping it. ie. Joe doesn't care about the quality of the alterations, only that the suggestion was ridiculed but was later adopted.

Whether or not he goes on track is largely immaterial for that purpose, you don't need to drive on a track to see the potential for humour in Daimo's suggestion being validated. A bit of intellect should be sufficient.

Also - re the suggestion itself making sense -

Melbourne hairpin, Donington Park - http://goo.gl/maps/KCZvj

Shell Oils, Oulton Park - http://goo.gl/maps/PvYF3

Shaws, Mallory Park - http://goo.gl/maps/oAVE7

Luffield, Silverstone - http://goo.gl/maps/geQr1

Cadwell - http://goo.gl/maps/geQr1

I think you'll find Knockhill is in the minority for not having a barrier on the inside of its tightest corner.
taylorboosh

1st Apr 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt say he was wrong? I said his drawing was shit and made him look stupid
Ste Muf

1st Apr 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hello, how are you?

Are you going to take your Ibiza to Knockhill
cpcrampton

1st Apr 14 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol this is brilliant. Go Daimo !! hope they put up your barrier.

I certainly would not have been driving on a circuit with that pile of shit in the middle.

although to be fair you rarely see anyone going off in the middle, they usually out break their self and end up in the gravel on the outside. you do see when travelling clockwise people loosing the rear end and shooting off down the middle but by this time they would be past the pile of crap.

I think your mate had a bit of bad luck, hope it was insured as it is such a nice car.
Daimo B

1st Apr 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didnt say he was wrong? I said his drawing was shit and made him look stupid

That just shows the narrow minded "inside the box" thinking type of you and Steve and that other chap then im afraid. Without knowledge of the email itself, you've jumped to internet warrior conclusions of being right just because of a terrible image (which whilst was comical, it also put exactly the point across, and this far everyone has understood it ). This has also been proved by the petty name calling. But I doubt some people will every actually mature mentally

Ironically, management of Knockhill responded that day, and I'd love it it this year you see some form of barrier and airbag fencing go up.

[Edited on 01-04-2014 by Daimo B]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Your Billy Big Balls threshold is quite low if that qualifies.

I get the impression that the hope they implemented Daimo's idea was a direct response to people ripping it. ie. Joe doesn't care about the quality of the alterations, only that the suggestion was ridiculed but was later adopted.

Whether or not he goes on track is largely immaterial for that purpose, you don't need to drive on a track to see the potential for humour in Daimo's suggestion being validated. A bit of intellect should be sufficient.

Also - re the suggestion itself making sense -

Melbourne hairpin, Donington Park - http://goo.gl/maps/KCZvj

Shell Oils, Oulton Park - http://goo.gl/maps/PvYF3

Shaws, Mallory Park - http://goo.gl/maps/oAVE7

Luffield, Silverstone - http://goo.gl/maps/geQr1

Cadwell - http://goo.gl/maps/geQr1

I think you'll find Knockhill is in the minority for not having a barrier on the inside of its tightest corner.

Thanks Ian
antnee

1st Apr 14 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste Muf
quote:

Hello, how are you?

Are you going to take your Ibiza to Knockhill

I don't even own an Ibiza anymore, or anything track-able. I might do by the end of the year once I have moved closer to work though and not doing 100miles a day
big eck

1st Apr 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to wonder at a lot of the comments about the track should've been closed as it was to dangerous due to the ongoing works yet I've seen a hell of a lot worse on the nurburgring with much higher speeds involved and everyone agrees that's just the way it is
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Apr 14 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it like that when you done Knockhill recently Eck??
Graham88

3rd Apr 14 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I have to wonder at a lot of the comments about the track should've been closed as it was to dangerous due to the ongoing works yet I've seen a hell of a lot worse on the nurburgring with much higher speeds involved and everyone agrees that's just the way it is

At Nurburgring you get restricted speed limits and all they are doing is changing barriers, no major works that leave piles of debris, Eck

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So a lad I know had a little off this weekend 22 database queries in 0.0150528 seconds