corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reasons why you have sold or got rid of past cars?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reasons why you have sold or got rid of past cars?
All Torque

User status: Offline
25th Apr 14 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First car- CORSA B sold because I was working for a biodiesel company and wanted a diesel to run for free. Sold it to my mates cousin who wrote it off.
Polo 6n- never got to use biodiesel for free and was not turbo diesel and I wanted more power, was also starting to cost a lot to maintain. Sold to a breakers.
Citroen Xsara VTR- really liked that car, stood out but I fancied a convertible. Sold to a work colleague who wrote it off.
MX5- enjoyed it but the novelty wore off quickly and it needed welding. I basically bought a nail and when the alternator went (costing £200 to replace) I got rid and part exed for my current car.
Current car- Ford Focus. 12 years old now and very corroded underneath. Low miles though, gotta go next yeah before MOT time.
Wife's car- Another Focus but this one is a 5 door petrol stop gap car, will be going next year along with my focus to get us two new cars.

Not one of my old cars is still on the road
Jambo

26th Apr 14 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiat 500 Sporting: hideously slow, loved it though
Corsa B: Spent stupid money on and eventually wanted a nice everyday car rather than something so loud and cras.
Merc C240: inherited this off Grandad, hated at first but grew to love. Was low miles so used it whilst LET corsa constantly broke and when miles became average I sold it.
Corsa 1.2 8v: was shit
Calibra Turbo: Money pit, also was shit.
Astra GSI: Most boring car on earth.
Z3 ///M Roadster: Broke, cost me a fortune so traded it.
E46 ///M3 vert: CBA to run it any more as it was so expensive and had all my money sitting in it.
Clio182: regret selling this as I only got rid because it depreciated like a lead balloon. Sold in 2010 and is still worth similar money now
Grand Cherokee: too juicy, needed impending maintenance so got rid. Wish I hadn't.
E36 ///M3: trying to sell now, absoloute money pit. I never learn.
taylorboosh

26th Apr 14 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
First car- CORSA B sold because I was working for a biodiesel company and wanted a diesel to run for free. Sold it to my mates cousin who wrote it off.
Polo 6n- never got to use biodiesel for free and was not turbo diesel and I wanted more power, was also starting to cost a lot to maintain. Sold to a breakers.
Citroen Xsara VTR- really liked that car, stood out but I fancied a convertible. Sold to a work colleague who wrote it off.
MX5- enjoyed it but the novelty wore off quickly and it needed welding. I basically bought a nail and when the alternator went (costing £200 to replace) I got rid and part exed for my current car.
Current car- Ford Focus. 12 years old now and very corroded underneath. Low miles though, gotta go next yeah before MOT time.
Wife's car- Another Focus but this one is a 5 door petrol stop gap car, will be going next year along with my focus to get us two new cars.

Not one of my old cars is still on the road

Lol your car history is so shit
Bonney

26th Apr 14 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars
Corsa 1.2 ls, wrote off
106, engine blew and was a shed
Saxo vtr, rear axel and gearbox went, also failed mot on welding
Ibiza, never felt the same after a woman drove into the side of it, also wanted a bike
Astra, got bored of having modified cars and wanted something more luxurious
Is200, loved the car to bits, never went wrong, just too heavy on fuel!
Transit connect, bought to sell on, made a nice profit on it too
Golf, still have this now, don't think I will sell it on for a while does everything I ask of it!

Bikes
Gilera runner, was old enough to get a car, plus fell off it and really hurt myself!
Pit bike, got in trouble with the police, sold before something did happen
Zx6r, needed the money to pay some bills off
R6, still have it, thinking of selling to fund house deposit

andys sxi
Premium Member

26th Apr 14 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa b sxi 1.2 - first car spent loads on it, got written off due to bonnet opening on the motorway
Corsa b sport 1.6 - took parts off the other car, loved it but was costing a bit to run and insure sold it ( wish I kept it for longer tho)
Golf gt tdi 1.9- didn't like it so sold it after 9 months
Corsa c 1.8 Sri- loved it think it's the longest I've Owned a car. Sold to get something quicker
Ibiza Cupra 2.0v turbo - sold last year to get something newer and better on fuel
A3 tdi s line - had it nearly a year, really nice car

April 08 feature car
Toby
Premium Member

26th Apr 14 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa 1.4 Sport - wanted something quicker, newer, more reliable and fresher.
Fiesta ST - Got intimate with a telegraph pole
Fiesta ST No2 - Traded in due to requirement of economy and a more professional image.
BMW e92 - Current car but boredom was killing me so needed to cure that one way or another....
Megane R26 - Current car for track purposes
Conway563

26th Apr 14 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk3 Ibiza - Killed the engine
Mk4 Ibiza - Needed to reduce finance with second baby
Focus - Needed bigger rear to fit 3 car seats in with third baby
Zafira - Ongoing but will be replaced when funds allow because it's slow and shit on fuel
Ricky352

26th Apr 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B 1.2 16v - Was crashed into
1996 Audi A4 1.9 Diesel - Was the worst car I've ever owned
Corsa B 1.2 8v - Needed more power
Corsa B 1.4 Sport - Was crashed into by a bus
Astra GTE 16v - Insurance was a nightmare
MK1 Nova Saloon 1.2 8v - Started to rust
1985 Mini 998cc - Was painfully slow, and couldn't do any long journeys
1995 Cavalier SRi (Ecotec) - Wanted a car that people didn't ridicule

Now in an ST220 Mondeo.
Ricky352

26th Apr 14 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Corsa 2.0 16v - Horrendous. Finally realised just how shit B's are.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reasons why you have sold or got rid of past cars? 23 database queries in 0.0150428 seconds